BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #23
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
Hi guys, when you open the door (2020 x3m) my head lights turn off. Is there anyway to keep them on automatically or is it normal? My handles and carpet lights stay on, but no head lights or breaks. I'm going crazy!
You can by enabling thr welcome home lights feature in your idrive. Let's you set how long it stays on.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #24
Val Long
Registered
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW X545e 2022 GTI Mk7.5 2018

it worked!

I picked up my 2022 X5 45e almost three weeks ago, and love it.
But one think that kept me frustrated was the fact that the carpet light wouldn't turn on or would turn on for a very brief period of time.
I saw your post, ran to my garage, pressed for more than 3 secs the interior light button et voila!
My interior lights went on!!! (silly me hadn't realized that they were turned off because I was in awe with the way it looked with just the blue neon ambient light )
But the best was that carpet light and door lights turned on!!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:41 PM   #25
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
Sorry no picture but I was referring to the button in the overhead just near the sunroof that operates the interior dome light. if you hold the middle one for over 3 seconds, it turns off interior lights when the doors are open. I've kept it that way because it was just excessive lighting in the evening.

I just realised that it also turns of welcome carpet and door handle lights
I think you've just discovered a feature that nobody knew about!

That's for solving this for yourself and for the rest of us lol
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2022, 09:16 PM   #26
WavyChrissy
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 30Drivei

Had the same issue and figured it out

One of the features I love the most about my X4 is the welcome carpet at night! I had recently turned off those interior dome lights because they are just SO super bright at night and I haven't found a way to simply just dim them. Once I realized that the dome lights had to be on in order to see the welcome mat, I instantly became annoyed. They should not be connected and I really hope BMW does an update that allows separate customization.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 03:30 AM   #27
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyChrissy View Post
One of the features I love the most about my X4 is the welcome carpet at night! I had recently turned off those interior dome lights because they are just SO super bright at night and I haven't found a way to simply just dim them. Once I realized that the dome lights had to be on in order to see the welcome mat, I instantly became annoyed. They should not be connected and I really hope BMW does an update that allows separate customization.
I very much agree, they should be two separate items as I personally do not enjoy bright interior lighting.
Appreciate 1