BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #133
rayshelbygt
Private
Rep
Drives: GT500, SRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray_speedster View Post
Finally picked mine up. It took a bit longer than expected, but it is amazing. Feels like a whole new level of Luxury when compared to the Audi I had. I got the aluminum tetragon interior trim, and let me just say that pictures don't do it justice it is amazing and has a texture to it that I did not expect. With the black interior it goes perfect. I have PPF scheduled for this coming Friday.

A few things as a heads up. I was not able to get a tag because the system did not recognize the VIN, so I have a loaner agreement with me in case I get stopped, should have a tag this week though. Tried insurance and they had the same problem, not in the system yet. So riding with sort of insurance and have to call in if I get stopped.

The only issue during the day was that ran over this bolt on my way home and had my first flat on one of the rear tires. Saw it when I got home. Luckily it patched since I don't have the run flats.

All in all a great experience and ready to explore the ins and outs of the X5.

And for those that asked, no incentives for the 2020 X5 as of right now.
beautiful thanks for sharing. how did you get non run-flats: I was told that was not an option although too late for me now.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #134
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
beautiful thanks for sharing. how did you get non run-flats: I was told that was not an option although too late for me now.
22" are only available in non-RFTs.

Appreciate 1
      08-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #135
rayshelbygt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayshelbygt View Post
22" are only available in non-RFTs.
oh I see said the blind X5 buyer. I can empathize with you I spent 1500 on new tires got home and ran over a screw
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #136
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post

It's here. Picking it up this afternoon!
You have the coffee extended leather in this, correct?

Can you confirm the carpeting on floor and sides of trunk is black? I've looked for photos of the cargo area on coffee leather but haven't had much luck.

Thanks.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #137
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Pictures of the X5 I picked up yesterday

It included a cargo net!

Coffee interior and Arctic Gray Metallic paint.

Appreciate 2
Auricom4349.50
jphcbpa299.50
      08-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #138
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep

Thank you! I don't know if you posted that through telepathy or if you saw my post made just before you shared these photos.

I'm trying to figure out why Weathertech offers a cocoa color in the mat.

What a beauty! I believe you get the cross opening net along with the two side nets as part of that luggage package - which also gives you the rails in the load floor and powered cargo cover.

I'm trying to ID the part # for the cross opening net for myself now.

ED Recap
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #139
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
T I believe you get the cross opening net along with the two side nets as part of that luggage package - which also gives you the rails in the load floor and powered cargo cover.
I didn't think of that but I did get the luggage package.

BTW the rubber rails on the floor work great! When you open the back they go down and it's easy to slide things around. Once you close the back they come up just a little bit and boxes just don't move.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #140
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh, and the M logo on the door sill is illuminated!
Appreciate 1
RowanBuds1707.00
      08-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #141
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm trying to ID the part # for the cross opening net for myself now.
Sorry, no markings on the cargo net or the packaging for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 07:43 PM   #142
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2020 RRS SE, 201

Garage List
Quote:
Finally picked mine up. It took a bit longer than expected, but it is amazing. Feels like a whole new level of Luxury when compared to the Audi I had. I got the aluminum tetragon interior trim, and let me just say that pictures don't do it justice it is amazing and has a texture to it that I did not expect. With the black interior it goes perfect. I have PPF scheduled for this coming Friday.

A few things as a heads up. I was not able to get a tag because the system did not recognize the VIN, so I have a loaner agreement with me in case I get stopped, should have a tag this week though. Tried insurance and they had the same problem, not in the system yet. So riding with sort of insurance and have to call in if I get stopped.

The only issue during the day was that ran over this bolt on my way home and had my first flat on one of the rear tires. Saw it when I got home. Luckily it patched since I don't have the run flats.

Looks sweet! Congratulations! Sorry bout the bolt, hopefully Everything goes well here on out! Good luck!😁
2017 BMW 530i xDrive Black
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i Jet Black
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #143
gray_speedster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjunction View Post
Awesome, congratulations! How is the back seat situation for 2020? Is wrinkled still the new flat?
There are some wrinkles in the back seat, but nothing terrible. They don't bother me and I am a bit of an OCD person. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #144
gray_speedster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
Looks sweet! Congratulations! Sorry bout the bolt, hopefully Everything goes well here on out! Good luck!😁
It has been great so far and it drives like a dream compared to the Audi I had. Still learning all the quirks and shortcuts for iDrive, but hopefully i will have it down in a week or so.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #145
dbjunction
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S P90D,BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
There are some wrinkles in the back seat, but nothing terrible. They don't bother me and I am a bit of an OCD person. lol
Cool...yours is an M50i, correct? I also have M50i on order - ordered a car for the first timewithout test driving the exact model. Couple of quick questions when you have a moment-

a) Does it get too loud? like wake-the-neighbors loud? That's one fear I have.

b) How are you finding ride quality? Is it stiff like M cars? Did you go for air suspension upgrade? They talked about stiffening suspension and since i like ride to not be too stiff, i opted for air suspension and 20 inch wheels to hopefully negate some of the stiffness.
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa299.50
      08-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #146
gray_speedster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjunction View Post
Cool...yours is an M50i, correct? I also have M50i on order - ordered a car for the first timewithout test driving the exact model. Couple of quick questions when you have a moment-

a) Does it get too loud? like wake-the-neighbors loud? That's one fear I have.

b) How are you finding ride quality? Is it stiff like M cars? Did you go for air suspension upgrade? They talked about stiffening suspension and since i like ride to not be too stiff, i opted for air suspension and 20 inch wheels to hopefully negate some of the stiffness.
I have a 40i. I added the cerium gray grille and badges because I am not a fan of chrome. Sorry I am of not much help with your questions. I do have the 22" wheels and air suspension and it is night and day to what I had on the Audi. I am assuming the M50i will be a little more firm though.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 02:17 PM   #147
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Congrats on the pick-up, bummer for that wildly oversized bolt. Good thing to get the first bit of road love out of the way very very early on in the ownership!

Quote:
It has been great so far and it drives like a dream compared to the Audi I had. Still learning all the quirks and shortcuts for iDrive, but hopefully i will have it down in a week or so.
Quote:
I have a 40i. I added the cerium gray grille and badges because I am not a fan of chrome. Sorry I am of not much help with your questions. I do have the 22" wheels and air suspension and it is night and day to what I had on the Audi. I am assuming the M50i will be a little more firm though.

Can you opine a bit more on the drives like a dream? You had air suspension on the SQ5, correct? What are the differences in feel/stability/solidity/road noise, in your opinion thus far?

On another note, I got my PCD date confirmed today for 8/29 - Yes, the car will be Performance Center Delivered in the same month of the same year production was begun and completed, approx 24 days after build was completed. That's the good news.

The not-so-great news; the good friend I was looking forward to taking this trip with cannot make his schedule work for what turns out to be Labor Day Weekend. So, looks like I'm going to have a lovely 1 man BBQ tour of SC/NC and then have my wife meet me in Asheville to enjoy most of the long weekend.

It's almost time to do a #happydance

ED Recap
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #148
gray_speedster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Congrats on the pick-up, bummer for that wildly oversized bolt. Good thing to get the first bit of road love out of the way very very early on in the ownership!

Can you opine a bit more on the drives like a dream? You had air suspension on the SQ5, correct? What are the differences in feel/stability/solidity/road noise, in your opinion thus far?

On another note, I got my PCD date confirmed today for 8/29 - Yes, the car will be Performance Center Delivered in the same month of the same year production was begun and completed, approx 24 days after build was completed. That's the good news.

The not-so-great news; the good friend I was looking forward to taking this trip with cannot make his schedule work for what turns out to be Labor Day Weekend. So, looks like I'm going to have a lovely 1 man BBQ tour of SC/NC and then have my wife meet me in Asheville to enjoy most of the long weekend.

Congrats on getting PCD scheduled! A one man tour is not bad in my book, I can appreciate my me time, hehe Hopefully by the time you get your paperwork done the 2020s are in the system. I still have a loaner agreement with me since they cant yet give me a temp tag. And my insurance company is also working on getting it added to theirs so that I can put it in my policy. Hopefully both get resolved this week because as of today I am driving with no tag or "real" proof of insurance other than calling the insurance company if I get pulled over. But I guess that would be a small price to pay for getting one of the first 2020s.

On to your question, I've had my share of SUVs. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (20" wheels), '17 Volvo XC90 (22"wheels) and '18 Audi SQ5 (21" wheels). All of them have had air suspension and after getting the X5 I really did not know what it should have felt all along or what I was missing. For comparison to my most recent one, the SQ5, the ride in the Audi was more harsh and you could feel more of the road imperfections. Maybe the 21" wheels had something to do with that, but the X5 does have 22s. The suspension and ride comfort probably had something to do with it being the S model, even in comfort mode. I will give it that it handled great and took corners pretty amazingly. Not to mention the awesome acceleration. But the SQ5 also had plastic creaks here and there along with too much hard plastic in the interior that the X5 does not have. I bought the Audi for some spirited driving because I wanted to experience that and it was fun, but overall it was just way too firm for my linking. It took me a good month to get comfortable in the seat and before that I would have lower back pain after 5 minutes of driving. The X5 seat just fit like a glove.

The air suspension in the BMW can be floaty to some, but I think it is a great compromise when you put it in sport mode. The bumps and road imperfections that I was used to with the Audi on my commute to work were no longer there today. The X5 went right over them and made the commute much more enjoyable. The acoustic glass makes the cabin feel so quiet, even with the 22" wheels it is quiet. The BMW just feels more premium than the SQ5. And even though they are in a different class of cars, for $68k MSRP for top trim SQ5 that I had, it should at least come close to the BMW in material quality. While looking at the X5 I test drove a Q8, and while the looks were there, the amount of hard plastic on the inside was a turn off for me, over $90k for hard plastics was a no thanks for me.
Appreciate 1
RowanBuds1707.00
      08-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #149
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
The air suspension in the BMW can be floaty to some, but I think it is a great compromise when you put it in sport mode. The bumps and road imperfections that I was used to with the Audi on my commute to work were no longer there today. The X5 went right over them and made the commute much more enjoyable.
That's great to hear and same observation I had when I drove the G05 with air, specifically in Sport mode.

Appreciate 1
      08-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #150
VandalF16
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M Comp

Moving along quickly. Should be at the dealership in a couple weeks. Ordered the car on 7/29.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #151
dbjunction
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S P90D,BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Oh sorry, my bad. But thanks anyways and the mods make your car look even better.

Hopefully someone here will soon get their M50i and help me with my questions as well, unless i get my own first. Aug 14 is when it is supposed to complete production.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #152
rayshelbygt
Private
Rep

BB arrived at dealer today 2 days earlier than tracker! Picking up tmw Excited
perfect timing, just sold old SUV today as well!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #153
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Who did your PCD date confirmation come from? Your client advisor or directly from the performance center? Did they email you? How long after placing an order did you get your date confirmation?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #154
radmjk
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i, 2020 RRS SE, 201

Garage List
Well, my X5 M50i is still in awaiting carrier status and was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this past Monday the 12th. Not sure where it is. My salesperson is looking into it as of today Wednesday, apparently contacting a Rep that might know it's whereabouts. Anybody else get their hands on a M50i yet?
2017 BMW 530i xDrive Black
2005 BMW Z4 2.5i Jet Black

Last edited by radmjk; 08-14-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0