BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-29-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
Mshaw4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

2018 X1 CarPlay Issues

Hi!

I recently purchased a 2018 X1 X-Drive used and am trying to figure out why I don’t have access to CarPlay.

The vehicle is equipped with the navigation package and larger touch screen display. When I go into the BMW Connected store on the car menu, it says the store is not available. I’ve been told this was deactivated in all BMWs to keep people’s eyes on the road.

When I log in to the connected services website, CarPlay is grayed out as unavailable.

The connected care group told me two different reasons: 1. That the car was purchased as a military vehicle originally. The BMW genius reregistered it to me in their system to activate the internet services. This did not give us the ability to download CarPlay.

2. CarPlay was not purchased when new, therefore can not be added. I find this one hard to believe based on what I’ve read through these forums.

Anyone know a way I can get this activated or coded to work for the car? If not, anyone know of a good adaptor that will work to enable CarPlay?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Might want to post to the F48 forum as we're all about G05/G06 around here. I don't think we're even on the same major revision of iDrive as the F48 X1.