BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-03-2020, 01:35 AM   #23
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
^ Not correct at all. Demo and loaner cars are not registered and are sold as new cars with all of the incentives available as long as they are under 5k miles. This has been covered here many times and I have personally had it told to me by my sales manager and director of service while discussing their loaners and how they work. Also my brother purchased an X5 that was a loaner car with almost 3k miles on it and all new vehicle incentives were available.

Your X5 example does not pertain to the discussion since that was a sold car, of course it is going to be resold as used.

As an aside, I guess you are about 0 for 2 or 3 today with your advice so maybe want to give it a rest for awhile.
Ah man so rude over the keyboard...I’m sure you're much nicer in person.

While you’re tossing around the facts do you care to share your fine print or is this just from your last boardroom meeting with the executives at BMW?

Since your claiming ultimate knowledge please share the fine print because we can all use it (seriously) - my dealer missed the BMW planning meeting you were at and as I mentioned the websites and details point to dealers for details short of the executive demo program I mentioned. I have the same conversations that have explained otherwise (not the details of registration but much lower mileage limits).

It’s gonna come down to the fine print which as I have mentioned seems to point back to the dealerships not your buddy...or your brother. Maybe it’s a state by state thing (referring to the dealer based incentives; not being a jerk). And from there a dealership to dealership since they are privately owned. Good for your brother tho - that’s awesome! As for my car, in either case they would be reversing the purchase...maybe that wasn’t clear.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      04-03-2020, 01:42 AM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I must have missed the rudeness in my post, just giving friendly advice. You obviously are new and have very little history with BMW and the information provided on this site. You can feel free to do some searching and you will find posts talking about the the 5k mile limit.

Obviously there could be some states that require that dealers register individual loaner cars rather than handling them under dealer licensing but I have not heard of any yet.

Your post was very clear and not relevant to this discussion. Just the fact that you are repeating it and trying to somehow contort your situation into something that offers evidence to your position shows you do not understand what we are talking about.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 02:06 AM   #25
Skilly
Private
Rep

Quote:
I must have missed the rudeness in my post, just giving friendly advice. You obviously are new and have very little history with BMW and the information provided on this site. You can feel free to do some searching and you will find posts talking about the the 5k mile limit.

Obviously there could be some states that require that dealers register individual loaner cars rather than handling them under dealer licensing but I have not heard of any yet.

Your post was very clear and not relevant to this discussion. Just the fact that you are repeating it and trying to somehow contort your situation into something that offers evidence to your position shows you do not understand what we are talking about.
Dude. No need to be passive aggressive. You clearly don’t have the fine print. Assuming I’m new to BMW is an interesting assumption though . Unless you own a dealership it’s more likely I’ve had many more than you. I’m new to the G05 page though. Neither here nor there though. i have a lot of experience. Purchasing, tuning, selling, modifying etc..and sharing and learning in the community.

It’s cool if you don’t like what I have to share but it seems to be on topic - pretty sure it’s Likely helping some people. Maybe not you but that’s what the forum is all about - grabbing smarts from the collective. Personally I love coming here when I get a new car - lots to learn and lots to share.

Try to avoid the personal attacks - it’s not necessary. If I came off that way in any of my responses (except the last one) that wasn’t my intent.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #26
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
Dude. No need to be passive aggressive. You clearly don’t have the fine print. Assuming I’m new to BMW is an interesting assumption though . Unless you own a dealership it’s more likely I’ve had many more than you. I’m new to the G05 page though. Neither here nor there though. i have a lot of experience. Purchasing, tuning, selling, modifying etc..and sharing and learning in the community.

It’s cool if you don’t like what I have to share but it seems to be on topic - pretty sure it’s Likely helping some people. Maybe not you but that’s what the forum is all about - grabbing smarts from the collective. Personally I love coming here when I get a new car - lots to learn and lots to share.

Try to avoid the personal attacks - it’s not necessary. If I came off that way in any of my responses (except the last one) that wasn’t my intent.
That is a nice tactic to take but just claiming to the the poor attacked person does not really fly well here as people see through that. Being corrected/questioned for posting misleading/inaccurate is not being picked on. You are correct though, your posts do come off from an attacking, arrogant point of view. Enough said on that.

This site does provide a wealth of information and a good platform for exchanging ideas and experience. With that though, it is inevitable that bad/misleading/irrelevant information will be posted and corrections/clarifications need to be made. If you are not comfortable having that happen to your posts then I would suggest either vetting them more carefully prior to posting or just refrain from doing it.

Take it easy and I'm sure I will catch you in the future.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Not that they were needed but here are a few screen shots from various dealers showing where the loaners for sale are eligible for new car financing, incentives, rebates, etc.

If you really had the loaner conversation with your dealer then I would say either he misunderstood your question or you misunderstood his answer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #28
Skilly
Private
Rep

Quote:
Not that they were needed but here are a few screen shots from various dealers showing where the loaners for sale are eligible for new car financing, incentives, rebates, etc.

If you really had the loaner conversation with your dealer then I would say either he misunderstood your question or you misunderstood his answer.
thanks - this is great information. It's helpful to those of us that don't have dealers promoting the same kind of offers.

Perhaps you misunderstood my statement though. This is all dealer based incentives and marketing. It's great that your dealer is offering them, but not all will do this - they aren't corporately owned, that's why they push the details down to the dealers. It will be their choice to decide what they offer.

The dealer can also manipulate the final finance packaging too. That might be where some of the confusion is here - just like not all folks will have the credit for lower rates, the dealers can also decide in these types of packages to even extend it. Unless it's a corporate promotion, like the 2.99% / 60 months for new, or a promotion like they did last year for CPO cars in some of the models, it's not a given that it will be available at every dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilly View Post
thanks - this is great information. It's helpful to those of us that don't have dealers promoting the same kind of offers.

Perhaps you misunderstood my statement though. This is all dealer based incentives and marketing. It's great that your dealer is offering them, but not all will do this - they aren't corporately owned, that's why they push the details down to the dealers. It will be their choice to decide what they offer.
Anytime but I didn't misunderstand your statement. I know what you have been saying and it is not correct. Dealers have control over the discounts they offer but they do not have any control over the BMW incentives. They must follow the rules set out by BMW and can not alter them in regards to eligibility, application, stacking, etc.

Edit: I see you added some more drivel to your post. Obviously there are special programs that are regional and even dealer specific. Those could be lease cash, special rates, etc. but has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Please just give it up, while trying to salvage any credibility you may have had left by posting random thoughts to confuse, you are just eroding it. I'm done with you on this topic since I'm so everyone knows what the correct information is so feel free to have the last word should you feel the need.

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 04-03-2020 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #30
Skilly
Private
Rep

Quote:
That is a nice tactic to take but just claiming to the the poor attacked person does not really fly well here as people see through that. Being corrected/questioned for posting misleading/inaccurate is not being picked on. You are correct though, your posts do come off from an attacking, arrogant point of view. Enough said on that.

This site does provide a wealth of information and a good platform for exchanging ideas and experience. With that though, it is inevitable that bad/misleading/irrelevant information will be posted and corrections/clarifications need to be made. If you are not comfortable having that happen to your posts then I would suggest either vetting them more carefully prior to posting or just refrain from doing it.

Take it easy and I'm sure I will catch you in the future.
Take a spoon full of your own medicine and move on. You haven't provided a single point of clarification that would make anything that I have said misleading. In fact, you have been exactly what you describe above and seem pretty uncomfortable yourself.

As you said though, enough said about that (although I'm gonna guess you wont stop).
Appreciate 0