BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
jtdavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Brown metallic ash trim with black interior?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Would this interior configuration be a mistake? I am not wild about the knots in the anthracite poplar, and the aluminum tetragon is sporty but a bit busy. Getting an Alpine white Msport with the black merino leather seats. Have just a day or two until my order goes into production. Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by jtdavid; 10-24-2021 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
BobTX10
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 G05, 2023 M340i

I think with the merino leather it wouldn't look as bad. But that does sound polarizing. Would be like wearing a brown belt with a black suit.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
mar_carol
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

With all due respect, that sounds like a hideous combination...but I'm also not a fan of black with brown in general, so there's that. I have the black vernasca and went with the aluminum dark mesh because I just couldn't do black with any wood trim. I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #4
jtdavid
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_carol View Post
With all due respect, that sounds like a hideous combination...but I'm also not a fan of black with brown in general, so there's that. I have the black vernasca and went with the aluminum dark mesh because I just couldn't do black with any wood trim. I hope this helps.
The aluminum dark mesh caught my eye but is not an option if you have Msport. You have to switch to xLine.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 05:47 PM   #5
mar_carol
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdavid View Post
Quote:
The aluminum dark mesh caught my eye but is not an option if you have Msport. You have to switch to xLine.
It's actually an option indeed...but the dealer has to add it on...the online configurator won't allow it to be added. Mine is a 2022 X5 with the M Sport package. I've had it for 3 weeks now...love it.
Appreciate 1
jtdavid12.50
      10-24-2021, 05:52 PM   #6
jtdavid
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's actually an option indeed...but the dealer has to add it on...the online configurator won't allow it to be added. Mine is a 2022 X5 with the M Sport package. I've had it for 3 weeks now...love it.
Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 1