BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Dat5er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 40i

Side mirrors issue

Anyone else have an issue with the side mirrors randomly not switching to the saved position for the driver profile?

I have 2022 40i. my wife uses the primary fob and and I use the secondary fob. I have set up everything for her and myself and linked it to our fob keys. Most times the side mirrors will adjust to my profile, but sometimes it seems to go back to a default position.

I saved my seat settings for memory 1 and 2 (same position) and when the mirrors doesn't adjust for my profile, I press memory 1 and it tells me that it's already in the memory 1 position, however if I press memory 2 it will just adjust the mirrors to the position I want them. I've tried deleting my profile and re-adding it, but problem still exist.

My wife's profile/fob seems to be working fine, it will just adjust everything back to her settings when she drives the car after I have driven it. If anyone had this issue and has a resolution for it, please share. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #2
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Yep, have the same issue. Not working every 4-5th time.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Yeah. It happens occasionally. Usually just pressing the memory button resets it.

One suggestion we got from the BMW genius at the Performance Center who helped us set it up was to set my wife's position on button 1 and mine on button 2 in both profiles. So if the "wrong" profile is active you can still recall your seat position.

I've found that very useful when the car decides it should load my wife's profile while I'm in the driver's seat. Since it will try to crush me by going to her settings I can save myself by hitting button 2 and going to my position.
      12-23-2021, 03:40 AM   #4
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

It’d be even more convenient to have a 3rd button that bmw doesn’t have
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 01:43 PM   #5
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
Yeah. It happens occasionally. Usually just pressing the memory button resets it.
Doesn't work for me all the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
Doesn't work for me all the time.
Doesn't always for me either. In fact, had it happen earlier today. Seat had moved from wife's position but the mirrors didn't. When I pushed button 2, I got the pop up that said seat position 2 had been reached (even though the seat didn't actually move) but the mirrors didn't move.

On a hunch, I moved my seat position slightly (by briefly pushing button 1 which is my wife's position) then pushed and held button 2. The seat moved back to my stored position and then the mirrors moved to my stored position followed by the pop up message.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Gerry
      01-07-2022, 05:24 PM   #7
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

One thing to keep in mind...the reaction when pressing the memory button varies based on whether the door is open or closed. If it's closed, you have to press and HOLD the button. If the door is open, it will move to the set point by just a press and release. I'm not sure if it will work at all if the vehicle is in DRIVE, though. The dedicated buttons will, but maybe not the memory unless you're setting it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 02:19 PM   #8
Twags
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Macan 2023 X5 45e

Same problem here on a 22 G05 45e. Anyone found a solution?
      04-03-2022, 09:32 PM   #9
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
I just encountered this issue on a road trip. both key fobs were in the vehicle, and since my wife entered the vehicle first, it loaded her profile and driver seat, steering wheel, and mirror settings. When I pressed the unlock button on my key fob, I expected the vehicle to switch to my profile and settings, but it didn't. it has done so in the past but with the door closed; it was open this time. I then changed profiles in iDrive. simple enough, BUT while it loaded my driver profile and seat/steering wheel settings, it was still on my wife's side view mirror settings. no amount of pressing my seat memory button reset the mirrors even though it confirmed "loaded driver profile [me]" via notification on the infotainment screen.

i proceeded to set the mirrors manually to my settings and wanted to test if it was a temporary glitch. if it was a glitch, when I press my seat memory button, the mirrors should stay in my settings, BUT THEY DIDN'T! they moved back to her settings! for some reason with both key fobs in the vehicle, when I switched from her driver profile to mine, the vehicle saved her side mirror settings in my driver profile. WTH?!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 12:22 PM   #10
OliverATX
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wangler JKU

Is anyone in the least concerned that they bought an $60k+ car that cannot even recall mirror memory? I can get a Camry that can do that. What exactly is the excuse here?
Appreciate 2
      10-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #11
kgelfen360
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverATX View Post
Is anyone in the least concerned that they bought an $60k+ car that cannot even recall mirror memory? I can get a Camry that can do that. What exactly is the excuse here?
Yea I also have occasionally where steering wheel doesn't come out of parked position. I have to manually press memory button and it will adjust to correct position. This is rare but yea why?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 12:47 PM   #12
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
I sometimes come across a partially extended steering wheel. pressing and holding my seat memory button will then extend it to my programmed position. not often but annoying.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 01:29 PM   #13
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

I've never had that happen on my 3 year old 2020 X7. I have 44K on mine and this has never happened.

Just a thought, but you could try deleting your profile and re-adding it in iDrive. That solved my issue with iDrive telling me my Connected Drive username/password is invalid when I first start the car.

WARNING!!! Make sure you copy any of your settings like memorized favorites, etc. These get wiped when you delete your profile.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 10:22 PM   #14
gson
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I am having the same issue with my side mirrors moving to a different position than I saved in my profile on my 2022 X5. Has anyone found a solution to this issue. I took it to the dealer and, unsurprisingly, they said they didn’t find anything wrong.
Appreciate 0