05-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #23
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Discovered these recently and they've become my favourites.

1) Adding B&W Sound Profiles to the HK Sound System. It works great. I coded Option 1 & 2 below

Sound Profiles

Option 1 - (Using bimmercode) HU MGU HEADUNIT expert mode look for AUDIO-SYSTEM then change the parameters from alev2-Ram to alev4-Ram code to achieve a working Bowers and Wilkins settings and working equalizer

Option 2 - (Using Bimmercode) HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE. Change the value from whatever it is to volle_insz and code.Cycle the vehicle on/off after the coding is complete and you'll notice that Bang & Olufsen now sits at the top of the Tone menu. If you select this option, you'll have your choice of two DSPs: Studio and Expanded. Expanded does improve the sound even of the base Hi-Fi.
X54TH - You list 2 options - are they equivalent in the result? It seems like 2 ways to get at a slightly different outcome. What did you go with & why? If say doing option 1 how can you validate that it worked (does it show BW in the audio settings now?)

Thanks for the newb clarity.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #24
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
These are some of my favorite options:

BimmerCode
- Start animation M
- Display layout M
Aren't these the default in the M50i?
They are not.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #25
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
You list 2 options - are they equivalent in the result? It seems like 2 ways to get at a slightly different outcome. What did you go with & why? If say doing option 1 how can you validate that it worked (does it show BW in the audio settings now?)
I coded options 1 & 2 at the same time on my G05. I'm pretty sure they code different things. if only I coded 1 first then looked at the menu to see what was different from my HK settings, followed by coding 2 then look at the menu to be certain exactly what they each changed/added.

while I'm not certain what option 1 gives you, the equalizer doesn't look different from the HK equalizer TBH. I believe option 2 gives you the different sound profiles. one of the options (don't know which one) changes the sound menu background to a perforated speaker grille though maybe that was there even with HK. sorry I couldn't be much help. Just code both and be happy!

One major benefit I noticed by doing this is that the system is a bit louder at the same volume setting.

Last edited by nZtiZia; 05-06-2021 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #26
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
You list 2 options - are they equivalent in the result? It seems like 2 ways to get at a slightly different outcome. What did you go with & why? If say doing option 1 how can you validate that it worked (does it show BW in the audio settings now?)
I coded options 1 & 2 at the same time on my G05. I'm pretty sure they code different things. if only I coded 1 first then looked at the menu to see what was different from my HK settings, followed by coding 2 then look at the menu to be certain exactly what they each changed/added.

while I'm not certain what option 1 gives you, the equalizer doesn't look different from the HK equalizer TBH. I believe option 2 gives you the different sound profiles. one of the options (don't know which one) changes the sound menu background to a perforated speaker grille though maybe that was there even with HK. sorry I couldn't be much help. Just code both and be happy!

One major benefit I noticed by doing this is that the system is a bit louder at the same volume setting.
I did the same by coding both at the same time. So I don't know what they looked like independent of each other.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:00 PM   #27
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
They are not.
hmmm guess that's what I get for assuming going to have to try that then.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 05:29 PM   #28
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

So did it work? I'm not seeing any eq setting just the frequency bars to adjust under eq. I do now get BW in the menu and I think these modes are new but I'd have to reset to be sure... That said I don't see one called expanded.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #29
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So did it work? I'm not seeing any eq setting just the frequency bars to adjust under eq. I do now get BW in the menu and I think these modes are new but I'd have to reset to be sure... That said I don't see one called expanded.
I had these coded before dropping my car off for service. it had all these profiles, which I believe is an updated version than the original code, so now we get more than just Studio and Expanded.

I can confirm these are definitely not available with stock HK settings because when I got my vehicle back, they updated the firmware and I lost all my BimmerCode. I verified this when I went through all my known changes including the sounds menu which was back to stock HK.

the equalizer should be located below the adjustment bars. Scroll down further and click on Equalizer.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #30
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had these coded before dropping my car off for service. it had all these profiles, which I believe is an updated version than the original code, so now we get more than just Studio and Expanded.

I can confirm these are definitely not available with stock HK settings because when I got my vehicle back, they updated the firmware and I lost all my BimmerCode. I verified this when I went through all my known changes including the sounds menu which was back to stock HK.

the equalizer should be located below the adjustment bars. Scroll down further and click on Equalizer.
Can u share a pic of what your eq looks like? Mine looks the same as pre coding
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:40 AM   #31
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Can u share a pic of what your eq looks like? Mine looks the same as pre coding
mine looks the same as HK (precoding), too. have u seen what the B&W equalizer looks like? i pulled up a few photos and it doesn't appear to have a different look from HK. here's one thread:
https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1706832
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #32
MustGoFast
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
mine looks the same as HK (precoding), too. have u seen what the B&W equalizer looks like? i pulled up a few photos and it doesn't appear to have a different look from HK. here's one thread:
https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1706832
thanks that was quite helpful
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4592.50
      01-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #33
Golfnatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

I've seen Option 2 listed as HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE and as HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_B_AND_W. Does anyone know which is correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Discovered these recently and they've become my favourites.

1) Adding B&W Sound Profiles to the HK Sound System. It works great. I coded Option 1 & 2 below

2) Adding the M logo to the dash under the camera

Sound Profiles

Option 1 - (Using bimmercode) HU MGU HEADUNIT expert mode look for AUDIO-SYSTEM then change the parameters from alev2-Ram to alev4-Ram code to achieve a working Bowers and Wilkins settings and working equalizer

Option 2 - (Using Bimmercode) HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE. Change the value from whatever it is to volle_insz and code.Cycle the vehicle on/off after the coding is complete and you'll notice that Bang & Olufsen now sits at the top of the Tone menu. If you select this option, you'll have your choice of two DSPs: Studio and Expanded. Expanded does improve the sound even of the base Hi-Fi.

M LOGO only

3001 KI_PARAMETER
LOGO_SCHRIFTZUG
MSP_LOGO

M Font (wasn't a fan of the font)

DKombi4
Expert Mode
3001 KI_Parameter
AG_MPA_MSP_VIEW
MPA_ANSICHT_260_SKALA
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 12:48 PM   #34
IFlyX5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 s40i, '22 X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnatic View Post
I've seen Option 2 listed as HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE and as HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_B_AND_W. Does anyone know which is correct?
This coding is now shown up as a standard option on the version of BimmerCode released a couple of months ago. You don't have to go into Expert Coding to do it.

Will take a screenshot of the option when I get a free moment.
      01-20-2022, 01:57 PM   #35
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Can anyone help with coding these via Bimmercode:

1. Comfort Individual (I have coded Comfort Plus, but i can't customize that)

2. Does anyone have a list of Expert Mode Codes? I know they are scattered all over the forum, however, thought i'd ask
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:43 PM   #36
Meehow
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F15 X5 Msport

Anyone code the M temp guage which displays oil temp unlike the standard “cold - hot”
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 06:22 AM   #37
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehow View Post
Anyone code the M temp guage which displays oil temp unlike the standard “cold - hot”
I think it’s a Display Option under Instrument Cluster. I think the option is M Performance. I’ll check later today or tomorrow and get back.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #38
Phizbam
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
So I picked up my new 2022 X5 xDrive 40i from the dealership on March 23. I did some initial coding in Bimmercode and I have a question about one of options. I see that "Adaptive" driving mode is one of the options that can be set as the starting drive mode. However, I do not have an adaptive button on my console. I have Eco Pro, Comfort, and Sport. If I code the starting drive mode to "Adaptive", will it really use the adaptive setting?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:21 PM   #39
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizbam View Post
So I picked up my new 2022 X5 xDrive 40i from the dealership on March 23. I did some initial coding in Bimmercode and I have a question about one of options. I see that "Adaptive" driving mode is one of the options that can be set as the starting drive mode. However, I do not have an adaptive button on my console. I have Eco Pro, Comfort, and Sport. If I code the starting drive mode to "Adaptive", will it really use the adaptive setting?
I don't know if anyone has tried it yet and reported back. Try setting it to Adaptive and see what mode shows on the IC. Of course seeing it there may or may not mean it is active I guess. I believe the consensus was that it wouldn't work but that was just people supposing. If you can report back that would be great.
      03-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #40
Phizbam
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I don't know if anyone has tried it yet and reported back. Try setting it to Adaptive and see what mode shows on the IC. Of course seeing it there may or may not mean it is active I guess. I believe the consensus was that it wouldn't work but that was just people supposing. If you can report back that would be great.
Sure, I can give it a try but like you say, I'm not sure if I know for sure if it actually gets set to Adaptive or not.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:52 PM   #41
Phizbam
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
FWIW, I coded for Adaptive mode on startup. It does show on the instrument cluster as suspected, but I have no idea if it is actually running in Adaptive mode or not. I drove the car afterward, and nothing seems odd or really that different from comfort mode from what i can tell. Of course, if you switch to another driving mode while the car is running (like Comfort or Sport), there is no way to get back to Adaptive mode until you turn the car off and turn it back on.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:29 PM   #42
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
FWIW, I coded for Adaptive mode on startup. It does show on the instrument cluster as suspected, but I have no idea if it is actually running in Adaptive mode or not. I drove the car afterward, and nothing seems odd or really that different from comfort mode from what i can tell. Of course, if you switch to another driving mode while the car is running (like Comfort or Sport), there is no way to get back to Adaptive mode until you turn the car off and turn it back on.
Ya, I was trying to come up with a definitive way to determine if you were actually in Adaptive but wasn't successful. More than likely since it shows it you are. You possibly may be able to tell if you have some curvy roads since it should stiffen up a bit and the throttle response a little better.

Hopefully someone else, Auricom are you out there, will chime in.
      04-04-2022, 06:11 PM   #43
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Ya, I was trying to come up with a definitive way to determine if you were actually in Adaptive but wasn't successful. More than likely since it shows it you are. You possibly may be able to tell if you have some curvy roads since it should stiffen up a bit and the throttle response a little better.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for filling in while I've been AWOL with work in Germany driving the new i7.

You can code ADAPTIVE mode but you want to test if it works, there's the thread way back when where in ADAPTIVE mode and Speed Limit Assistance is set to adjust speed to route - coming to stop light intersections or stop sights - vehicle should slow down. If it doesn't then enjoy the coded ADAPTIVE mode lights in the dash.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-11-2022, 05:06 AM   #44
DevilEd
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X5

find not much diff in adaptive mode..
Appreciate 0