Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabesky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitenD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabesky View Post
Does this improve standard hifi at all? Or only hk audio?
It improves the standard HIFI which is what I have in my car.
You can hear the small difference but it's worthwhile
Cool! Did you do both option 1 &2?
Yes did both options.

The improvement is minimal. But you can hear it on certain songs as the DSP kicks in
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 05:45 AM   #24
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

Some time ago, have coded item 1 on my car, which has HK audio system. This option replaces the HK L7 surround processor (only on or off) with a multi-option one -- and it really does make a difference

Adding option 2 doesn't seem to do anything to either improve surround sound or add B&W logo

Having said that, option 1 is well worth it and easily coded with Bimmercode or E-SysX

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #25
algino289
Singapore
Rep
Drives: bmw X5 G05

just an update here

Coded option 1 & 2 but decided to keep only option 1 at last as really no changes or any surround effect for all the different sound profile setting * expected as HIFI amp does not comes with any internal build in DSP setting for all these sound profile like B&W amp did.

It do improves but not very prominent as mentioned by NitenD. Overall I just feel like we only increased the gain from HIFI amp hence more bass and louder. But then I found HIFI original midrange speaker cant take it and started to vibrate when loud bass music is playing ... So conclusion is still worth to code no matter how cos at least we can still get " Equalizer " function in I-drive lol . Franky I did not try to adjust equalizer, is it real working or just like B&W fake cosmetic sound profile again ?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #26
davidRos
David R
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i

I just coded options 1 and 2 in my 21 G05 HiFi and do not hear any discernible difference using any of the inner EQ sliders. Only the outer two function and they match what Bass and Treble are set to.

As for the Sound Profiles I am pretty sure I hear nothing. I want to think I heard something different between Studio and Concert but I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking. No noticeable changes when adjusting the Surround Intensity either.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #27
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i Pure 2002 JCW Cooper

I am thinking perhaps as the Hi Fi Amp doesn't do any processing. Perhaps retrofitting a B&W amp might give it the DSP
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #28
NitenD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 FY15

Quote:
Originally Posted by algino298 View Post
just an update here

Coded option 1 & 2 but decided to keep only option 1 at last as really no changes or any surround effect for all the different sound profile setting * expected as HIFI amp does not comes with any internal build in DSP setting for all these sound profile like B&W amp did.

It do improves but not very prominent as mentioned by NitenD. Overall I just feel like we only increased the gain from HIFI amp hence more bass and louder. But then I found HIFI original midrange speaker cant take it and started to vibrate when loud bass music is playing ... So conclusion is still worth to code no matter how cos at least we can still get " Equalizer " function in I-drive lol . Franky I did not try to adjust equalizer, is it real working or just like B&W fake cosmetic sound profile again ?
Hi all.

Just to add that I have upgraded my amp from the stock standard to a Matchup7.
This amp does give DSP settings and does make a big difference even without the coding.

So when I do change the options, I can hear subtle differences due to the fact that I have an upgraded amp, with the standard stock speakers.

Sorry, been discussing this same thing on multiple forums so wasn't sure what I have mentioned where to make the standard HIFI experience better.

New amp + coding = much better sound then originally purchased.
Whilst the EQ doesn't do much, the matchup7 has its own equing and add that with the sound profiles, you can notice a difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #29
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

This post is very helpful. I am retrofitting HK (Amps/14Speakers/2Subs) in my G06. Once I do that, I was looking for a way to tell the car that it now has HK system vs. HiFi. Looking at this post, looks like I can code it to B&W and gain more control over the sound settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2023, 01:49 AM   #30
Didda
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91, F31

Hi, have anyone tried this on a F3* with Hifi?
With my F31 2018 it gave me the profiles but I could not change them from the first one. Also the EQ option was not there.
Option 1 selections were different than postet it did not list alev...ram. Instead I changed from Hifi 0x01 to HK 0x04 there.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 03:48 AM   #31
turhanG30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5.30e i Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolly View Post
Hi everyone, I have recently changed out the standard BMW Hi-Fi speakers with the Bavsound stage 1 upgrade and also changed the subs to the Bavsound Ghost units. Overall I have to say the improvement in sound quality (clarity and depth) is fantastic. Pre-upgrade I had Bass and Treble both at around +8 now have treble -4 and bass +2.
However, it does highlight that some form of equalizer to enable a more detailed control of frequency bands would really make this upgrade the best it could be (and I dare say better than the HK option).

With the issues around the HK option on current new builds I figure this post could be very timely.

I have explored a heap of coding posts and have found some various posts that suggest there may be ways to achieve some improvements (see below). I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had any experience with any of these options please and/or any other ideas on how to improve/expand the control of the sound?

Option 1 - (Using bimmercode) HU MGU HEADUNIT expert mode look for AUDIO-SYSTEM then change the parameters from alev2-Ram to alev4-Ram code to achieve a working Bowers and Wilkins settings and working equalizer (Note: I have read other posts that suggest only the two outside frequency bands on the equalizer actually adjust the sound so if this is correct it would mean you still only have bass and treble control)

Option 2 - (Using Bimmercode) HU_MGU > Expert Mode > 3000 HMI > HIGH_END_AUDIO_MENUE. Change the value from whatever it is to volle_insz and code.Cycle the vehicle on/off after the coding is complete and you'll notice that Bang & Olufsen now sits at the top of the Tone menu. If you select this option, you'll have your choice of two DSPs: Studio and Expanded. Expanded does improve the sound even of the base Hi-Fi.

Option 3 - (Using Bimmercode) - I dont think this one is relevant but not sure.
To add HK equalizer to head unit

HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AMPLIFIER_VARIANT = most
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM = hk_surroundsound
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR = variant1 [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > EQ_VARIANT = variant5
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > MULTICHANNEL = nicht_aktiv [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 > LOGIC7_SYMBOL = aktiv
HU_NBT_EVO > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > EXTERNER_MOST = aktiv
I don’t see option one on my head unit.
I completed options 2 and 3 caused no sound alert to the vehicle. I backup the old version. But the equalizer popped up on the headunit
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 09:32 AM   #32
maurinan
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 E40

Hi Wolly, I think I am on the same boat as you. I have a standard Hifi and replaced speakers and subs with the BAV stage-1 and subs. Overall, a good improvement but for songs that are heavy on mids, it just doesn't sound good.
If I had access to the equalizer, I would try to bring the mids down quite a bit.
Do you think these codes would help with that? It sounds to me that even if you get the equalizer GUI, you still can really only control Bass and Trebles, but nothing in between.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0