BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #155
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/G05 X5 xDrive40i

Does the bimmertech amp kit come with a ground cable and a fused power cable that you need to run to the battery, or do I need to purchase that separately?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #156
RC_Hund
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample View Post
Does the bimmertech amp kit come with a ground cable and a fused power cable that you need to run to the battery, or do I need to purchase that separately?
It does not and you do not need to add that cable. They use the OEM wiring to supply power to the amp. While the amp may have a rating of over 1000 watts, that is a transitory peak rating. Unless you are running crazy big subs and trying to wake the dead with thumping bass you should be fine.
Appreciate 1
Sample57.00
      01-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #157
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
I’m leaning toward the Bimmertech amp now since the Match can be sourced through Crutchfield any longer. Did you go with the ASD option… don’t really know if that’s a big deal one way or another.
Do all X5s have Active Sound Design (ASD)? I just ordered the bimmer-tech amp because Crutchfield doesn't have the Match7DSP MEC anymore. I did not choose the ASD deactivation cable, but I think BimmerCode can disable it if needed.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 12:20 PM   #158
Ropax5
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e and 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Do all X5s have Active Sound Design (ASD)? I just ordered the bimmer-tech amp because Crutchfield doesn't have the Match7DSP MEC anymore. I did not choose the ASD deactivation cable, but I think BimmerCode can disable it if needed.
45e does not have ASD.
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #159
Rondi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X6 40i, ‘14 BMW X3 35i

Okay, have 3 bmws, one of which is a 2012 328 that I am trying to unload.
And, I have been thinking that the Wi-Fi system in my 2022 x6 cannot be really THIS BAD!

So, today, coming back home from lunch, I disconnected Apple Play and played my phone music through the iDrive system directly…

Boy, what a difference in sound quality! Much much better.

Anyway, I believe that the compression is really happening through appleplay, and I encourage all to try the basic Wi-Fi system through iDrive. It really much better, and basically acceptable sound quality, instead f the crap I was hearing.

Ps. I consider myself an audiophile, my home system is valve based, and my speakers are custom made.
      01-12-2022, 05:22 PM   #160
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondi View Post
So, today, coming back home from lunch, I disconnected Apple Play and played my phone music through the iDrive system directly…

Boy, what a difference in sound quality! Much much better.

Anyway, I believe that the compression is really happening through appleplay, and I encourage all to try the basic Wi-Fi system through iDrive. It really much better, and basically acceptable sound quality, instead f the crap I was hearing.
I would have thought it was the other way around since I believe CarPlay is using the car's WiFi to connect so no issues about speed/capacity. Also would think the compression would be in the source app (Pandora, Apple Music, ...) rather CarPlay getting involved with the data layer. That said, I sampled a number of tracks of various music genres switching between CarPlay and BT. Maybe it sounded a bit louder with BT over CP, not sure I heard any more fullness in the sound. Perhaps others know more details.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:06 PM   #161
Rondi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X6 40i, ‘14 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertigoAtHome View Post
I would have thought it was the other way around since I believe CarPlay is using the car's WiFi to connect so no issues about speed/capacity. Also would think the compression would be in the source app (Pandora, Apple Music, ...) rather CarPlay getting involved with the data layer. That said, I sampled a number of tracks of various music genres switching between CarPlay and BT. Maybe it sounded a bit louder with BT over CP, not sure I heard any more fullness in the sound. Perhaps others know more details.
Well, if you have the basic Wi-Fi try what I described, and listen to music that you know well and compare…
      01-12-2022, 11:46 PM   #162
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Think I misunderstood... you're referring to a USB connection, not a iDrive/BT connection? In fact I recently subscribed to Apple Music and am playing downloaded Apple Lossless music on my iPhone via USB... its really good.

Last edited by VertigoAtHome; 01-12-2022 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:28 AM   #163
jrhubott
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropax5 View Post
I added the Bimmertech AMP first leaving the OEM speakers and the difference is night and day. The sound quality far exceeds that of the stock Harmon Kardon system. If you have access to a PC have Bimmertech share a few sound files with you in order for you to choose what sounds profile you prefer.

I ultimately ended up replacing the front and rear door speakers with Audison Prima plug & play ($450 USD total from a European seller) only because I ordered at the same time as the amp and it was cost prohibitive to ship back. They sound amazing but the improvement is minor compared to what was obtained from the AMP. I would have left the OEM speakers if I were to do it again.
Does your chime and blinker sound get louder when using the bimmertech amp?
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 12:30 AM   #164
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I should be getting my Bimmer-tech amp soon and have already downloaded the software. The Audiotec Fischer website doesn't have settings for the PP86DSP Amp for BMWs.

Does anyone have sample profile settings for the Bimmertech/PP86DSP amp they can share? I've replaced my Hi-Fi speakers with Focals (including the underseat subs) and I'm looking for settings that I can load for my setup. I would appreciate any settings, including custom ones that I can try out.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 10:56 AM   #165
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I should be getting my Bimmer-tech amp soon and have already downloaded the software. The Audiotec Fischer website doesn't have settings for the PP86DSP Amp for BMWs.

Does anyone have sample profile settings for the Bimmertech/PP86DSP amp they can share? I've replaced my Hi-Fi speakers with Focals (including the underseat subs) and I'm looking for settings that I can load for my setup. I would appreciate any settings, including custom ones that I can try out.
I'd be interested in these as well. I can share what I have... it's for a Match amp but I believe BimmerTech and Match use the same DSP. At a minimum you can load the file and see the crossover and EQ settings I'm using for Focals.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #166
Ropax5
Rep

Quote:

Bimmertech will provide you a variety of files to try. All you have to do is send them an email and they will provide you the files via google drive. I personally choose the HiFi SR file.

Helpful Tip - Make sure you do not forget to plug in the USB cable into the amp before you install the mounting bracket. Its quite difficult to plug in after you mount.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 12:04 AM   #167
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhubott View Post
Quote:
I added the Bimmertech AMP first leaving the OEM speakers and the difference is night and day. The sound quality far exceeds that of the stock Harmon Kardon system. If you have access to a PC have Bimmertech share a few sound files with you in order for you to choose what sounds profile you prefer.

I ultimately ended up replacing the front and rear door speakers with Audison Prima plug & play ($450 USD total from a European seller) only because I ordered at the same time as the amp and it was cost prohibitive to ship back. They sound amazing but the improvement is minor compared to what was obtained from the AMP. I would have left the OEM speakers if I were to do it again.
I am also interested to find out.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #168
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhubott View Post
My G05 originally came with 676 Hi-Fi. I replaced all of the speakers/woofers with Focals. I recently installed the bimmer-tech amp to power the Focals and I don't really notice the blinkers being any louder. Maybe they are, but I wouldn't have known it was an issue if I didn't read this forum. Your results may vary since others have complained about it, but to me it's fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 09:30 PM   #169
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My G05 originally came with 676 Hi-Fi. I replaced all of the speakers/woofers with Focals. I recently installed the bimmer-tech amp to power the Focals and I don't really notice the blinkers being any louder. Maybe they are, but I wouldn't have known it was an issue if I didn't read this forum. Your results may vary since others have complained about it, but to me it's fine.
Same here after I used the Sound/Settings to minimize signals/warning chimes.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:26 AM   #170
Mieleo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Quote:

Bimmertech will provide you a variety of files to try. All you have to do is send them an email and they will provide you the files via google drive. I personally choose the HiFi SR file.

Helpful Tip - Make sure you do not forget to plug in the USB cable into the amp before you install the mounting bracket. Its quite difficult to plug in after you mount.
Hi
Can you send me a amp file?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:05 PM   #171
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Can you upload the PP86DSP sample settings bimmer-tech sent you? The F30 section adds .pdf to the end of the file name.
I contacted Bimmer-tech, but they want me to tell them how I want the sound to change, instead of them just sending me a bunch I can load and listen to.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:07 PM   #172
Flyhogz
Rep
Drives: Xdrive45e

Quote:
Can you upload the PP86DSP sample settings bimmer-tech sent you? The F30 section adds .pdf to the end of the file name.
I contacted Bimmer-tech, but they want me to tell them how I want the sound to change, instead of them just sending me a bunch I can load and listen to.
Yeah. Similar to me today. I requested their tune files for my Match 7DSP but they won't share the files unless you buy their system.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:15 PM   #173
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyhogz View Post
Yeah. Similar to me today. I requested their tune files for my Match 7DSP but they won't share the files unless you buy their system.
They loaded a setting on the amp before they shipped it to me. It sounds good, but would be nice to try different ones.

Audiotech Fischer does have a sample G05 Hifi setup for your 7DSP though. I'm not sure if 86DSP and 7DSP settings are compatible.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:24 AM   #174
Ropax5
Rep

Quote:
They loaded a setting on the amp before they shipped it to me. It sounds good, but would be nice to try different ones.

Audiotech Fischer does have a sample G05 Hifi setup for your 7DSP though. I'm not sure if 86DSP and 7DSP settings are compatible.
Send an email to bimmertech support and ask for all of their tuning files. They will provide you with links to their files shared via google drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #175
Flyhogz
Rep
Drives: Xdrive45e

Quote:
Quote:

Send an email to bimmertech support and ask for all of their tuning files. They will provide you with links to their files shared via google drive.
Quote:
Quote:

In my Xdrive 45E, I am currently running the Match 7DSP with the base OEM Hifi speakers. Plus, a JL HD 7501/1 with an IDMax 12. Front stage speakers will be next upgrade. I have the tune files provided by AF that are supposedly tailorer for the 45 E and the Match 7DSP. Howver, I am curious to see others approach to tuning front stage in their G05( i.e, active vs passive 2/3-way with/without an external amp and aub).

If it's not too much trouble, could you DM share your Bimmertech tunes files in a cloud drive link. Bimmertech will not share unless you buy their amp/DSP from them.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:56 PM   #176
jcrosa
Enlisted Member
Brazil
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e M Sport 2022

Did anyone tried this upgrade to B&W?

Appreciate 0