BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #23
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Was able to stop drinking pop a while ago, only water now. Can't even touch pop anymore. Just so many chemicals in that stuff, especially the "diet" stuff. The sweetener in the diet drinks is many times sweeter than sugar, which actually makes it more addictive.
Appreciate 1
GoRomeo891.50
      04-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #24
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

move to crack, mary-jane or amps instead of pop and coffee

problem solved.

Or just cold turkey that bish and move on. The end of the day, it is a willpower thing. You either have it or you dont.

Take excedrin for the headaches if you get caffeine withdraws while cold turkeying.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      04-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #25
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
JUULS are very popular with the younger crowd now. And apparently have WAY more nicotine than cigs. And blowing huge clouds of white smoke out of your car like Gandalf makes you look very cool.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:15 PM   #26
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
coffee is healthy, nothing wrong with drinking it. even at 5-6 cups a day it shouldnt be an issue. just make sure you stay hydrated as it is a diuretic. there are plenty of studies that link coffee to lower rates of heart disease, diabetes, etc. plus, it contains good natural antioxidants.
Yes but it's the spoon fulls of sugar with it that ruin the health benefits.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Supposedly diet coke is concocted along the lines of cigarettes: they put in chemicals to make it addictive.
Unfortunately this is the way of nearly all products these days. It's called the bliss point. It's why nearly all foods now contain sugar. It was found that if you took for example a curry sauce for something like Chicken tikka and added a bit of sugar you'd sell more. Then your competitor would do it. Then everyone would do it. More and more sugar is added until adding anymore just makes it sickly. By that point all products on the shelf contain tons of sugar.
The kicker then is that the low sugar version can now be brought out as a healthy option at a premium.

The book 'salt sugar fat' explains it well.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #28
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Supposedly diet coke is concocted along the lines of cigarettes: they put in chemicals to make it addictive.
Unfortunately this is the way of nearly all products these days. It's called the bliss point. It's why nearly all foods now contain sugar. It was found that if you took for example a curry sauce for something like Chicken tikka and added a bit of sugar you'd sell more. Then your competitor would do it. Then everyone would do it. More and more sugar is added until adding anymore just makes it sickly. By that point all products on the shelf contain tons of sugar.
The kicker then is that the low sugar version can now be brought out as a healthy option at a premium.

The book 'salt sugar fat' explains it well.
Yup. HIGHLY recommended book, along with "In Defence of Food"
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Yes but it's the spoon fulls of sugar with it that ruin the health benefits.
once you get in the habit of drinking it black it tastes better without all that shit anyways.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #30
Hammer Werke
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328d Touring

Damn dude! just quit that shit.
Drink water, eat fruit. A couple cups of coffee max. Any more than 4 cups a day and your stressing your heart. Stop red bull. Norway, Denmark and France banned it for a reason. It's super bad for your heart. You know...the thing that keeps you alive? Think of redbull as more like doing cocaine...very sparingly please!

Soda? Maybe if you go to the movies and order some popcorn. Thats about the only time I mess with that stuff. The thing is, you are drinking all this crap for energy. But it is what is holding you back. Eat healthy, drink water and you will have more energy than ever.

Instead of bringing soda with you to work, get a ziplock bag full of raw nuts like almonds or cashews etc. And then bring a banana, apple, plums etc. A big bottle of good water. Try it for 1 month and the difference will be incredible.
Appreciate 2
GoRomeo891.50
jaye9441007.00
      04-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #31
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Werke View Post
Damn dude! just quit that shit.
Drink water, eat fruit. A couple cups of coffee max. Any more than 4 cups a day and your stressing your heart. Stop red bull. Norway, Denmark and France banned it for a reason. It's super bad for your heart. You know...the thing that keeps you alive? Think of redbull as more like doing cocaine...very sparingly please!

Soda? Maybe if you go to the movies and order some popcorn. Thats about the only time I mess with that stuff. The thing is, you are drinking all this crap for energy. But it is what is holding you back. Eat healthy, drink water and you will have more energy than ever.

Instead of bringing soda with you to work, get a ziplock bag full of raw nuts like almonds or cashews etc. And then bring a banana, apple, plums etc. A big bottle of good water. Try it for 1 month and the difference will be incredible.
The worst thing you can do with any soda is eat it with carbohydrates since there's a massive insulin trigger as result of the sweetness. This literally is the worst part, as well as the addictive part. Also the reason you can still gain belly fat since the sweetness triggers your brain the moment it hits your taste buds. Insulin storage spots are belly, breast, hips, and love handles.... so avoid eating with simple or complex carbs for that matter.

Aspartame isn't the devil though, and actually is an artificial sweetener consisting of a derivative of a dipeptide of aspartic acid and phenylalanine. Both amino acids, and Aspartic Acid is most commonly known as DAA in the supplement world and used for naturally increasing testosterone.

I personally drink wayyyyyy too much Diet coke, and as of the time I wrote this I've already consumed 3 28oz cups of Diet coke.

I drink nearly 3 gallons of liquid a day though, 2 alone being pure water.

Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      04-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #32
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I moved from coffee to tea. Still high caffeine but... well, still high caffeine.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #33
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Put on a high voltage shock collar and give me the remote. I’ll make sure you whimper at the sight of soda.

Can’t remember how I quit soda, but I find it distasteful now.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      04-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #34
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

The caffeine is what's addictive, as mentioned. I used CBD to help taper off of Caffeine and now I'm down to one double shot espresso, once daily (around noon) as the kick start to my daily diet routine (intermittent fasting, combined with timed dieting, only eating between 12pm-8pm). CBD assists the delivery of the Caffeine into the bloodstream, boosting it's metabolic performance. Our bodies are designed for Caffeine and Cannabidiol (CBD), but many don't know that the two combined, can provide profound health benefits, and reduction in cravings, blood sugar overall! My BP has never been so low, in over 15 years.
      04-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #35
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Dude people seem to use cbd for everything if you rub some on your junk does it cure jock itch and give you a chubb also?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dude people seem to use cbd for everything if you rub some on your junk does it cure jock itch and give you a chubb also?
As long as it's in the right carrier oil, you get a chubb from the rub
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #37
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I'm just not on board with all this new use it ranks right up there with man buns and skinny jeans
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 07:27 PM   #38
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It serves many different purposes, for people. CBD is one, there's CBG, CBN, CBC, and so on, some products offer everything as an entourage, which is how your body will best respond, as they're all naturally produced by the human body, already. You will only benefit from a chemical that your body produces, naturally, and won't ever benefit long term, from artificial substances (look at our Opiod crisis). And no different than testosterone, protein, BCAA's, etc. It's a supplemental chemical, not a miracle drug or anything. It just so happens to be a 100% natural, GMO free, Kosher and ISO certified supplement and has no ill effects like pharma drugs or otherwise "pain/inflammatory" related alternatives. If derived from Hemp or Hops, you're 100% THC free, as well.

Google CBD, become informed on it's benefits, and what the FDA/DEA has been holding hostage since the 1950's, lol. The $18M spent in lobbying by big Pharma last year alone to fight CBD legislation, only supports the fact that they fear what's happening, currently.
      04-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #39
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
A Cannabis Sativa oil with THC, sure will, LOL!! But not a Hemp/Hops derived CBD product, there's a huge difference between the two..
      04-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #40
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Pop is evil. Black coffee good.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:32 AM   #41
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

hey guy's, gerat replies and txs

yesterday at the shops, I managed to walk past the multipack pops
I got a multipack of bottled water.

you have NO idea how hard that was,

i'm upping my coffee consumption, to try and alieve my pop pangs,
when I hit MAC'S instead of pop, I'm trying to order a cappuccino
as we talk I have a 500ml bottle water near me

and NO pop in the house, wife loved ginger ale and she hides her bottle to stop me from raiding it at midnight

I'm craving red bull actually (sugar free version) even though I've had a coffee
at work we have the coffee machines with the pods, so it's not instant
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #42
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
I had a huge problem with pop and just carbonated drinks in general. I would suggest switching to perrier or san pellegrino water, it's still carbonated but isn't loaded with sugar. There is flavoured perrier as well so you don't have to go cold turkey.

As for the coffee, i would recommend getting an espresso machine and having one in the morning and one after lunch. That should be plenty. What I noticed is people that claim to be addicted to coffee typically drink brown sugar water. So your goal should be quality over quantity.
This is what I was going to recommend. About two months ago I had severe kidney stone pain. I didn’t even know I had stones but had back pain that just kept getting worse and the area kept getting larger. Advil wouldn’t help anymore so I went to emergent care. My BP was like 200/100 (really), so they sent me to the ER because they didn’t want to treat me. The high BP was due to the pain, but then they found protein in my urine etc etc. Long story short, I passed the stone and my BP and kidney function recovered but it scared me. I only have coffee in the morning, I stopped drinking diet soda. I drink carbonated water more and try to drink acidic drinks with low or no sugar.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 05:54 AM   #43
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
hey guy's, gerat replies and txs

yesterday at the shops, I managed to walk past the multipack pops
I got a multipack of bottled water.

you have NO idea how hard that was,

i'm upping my coffee consumption, to try and alieve my pop pangs,
when I hit MAC'S instead of pop, I'm trying to order a cappuccino
as we talk I have a 500ml bottle water near me

and NO pop in the house, wife loved ginger ale and she hides her bottle to stop me from raiding it at midnight

I'm craving red bull actually (sugar free version) even though I've had a coffee
at work we have the coffee machines with the pods, so it's not instant
Just don’t buy it in the store. You may end up buying singles here and there but it’s a step toward breaking from it. I find if I have that stuff in the house, my consumption is way higher. I used to drink at least one monster ultra a day, and was able to quit because I stopped stocking it in the House.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00
      04-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #44
Hammer Werke
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
The caffeine is what's addictive, as mentioned. I used CBD to help taper off of Caffeine and now I'm down to one double shot espresso, once daily (around noon) as the kick start to my daily diet routine (intermittent fasting, combined with timed dieting, only eating between 12pm-8pm). CBD assists the delivery of the Caffeine into the bloodstream, boosting it's metabolic performance. Our bodies are designed for Caffeine and Cannabidiol (CBD), but many don't know that the two combined, can provide profound health benefits, and reduction in cravings, blood sugar overall! My BP has never been so low, in over 15 years.
We call that the hippy speedball! Ha...it's actually a joint and a nice coffee. No complaints on the combo.

It's rad you live in Rosslyn. Sick mountain. I love Fernie too. That whole area is epic.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00