Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I think this thread got "got popcorn" written all over it :-)

Of all the pics "anglo" posted on the other thread, I can't decide whether he's an extreme leftist pimp or a hard core pup :-)

But seriously, at the end of the day, it's all about preventing "complacency", be it liberalism or conservatism. A little bit of both may be a good thing. Either being extreme on either side will lead to complacency and that's the beef :-)
      12-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #24
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Its almost as if some of the posters in this thread have never even spoken with someone who votes D, but just formed their opinions based on what people post on the internet
Speak with plenty of liberals and democrats, on a daily basis. My brother is a dyed in the wool Bernie supporter, including campaigning for him. Still love my bro, and speak with him 3-5 times/week.
      12-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #25
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I've always been a republican.
Oh, bullshit.

12-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #26
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Most people don't practice what they preach. Got popcorn?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #27
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Still trying to figure out what the hell today's liberal stands for? Is it free shit, no borders, no tuition, free healthcare, sanctuary states/cities/counties, no guns, no meat, no genders, political correctness, shortened work week, kill thanksgiving, more rights to aliens, etc... Or, is it - I hate Trump?

Someone please tell me how today's liberal's will make the USA a better place...
Appreciate 2
vreihen162080.50
mk1-fan530.50

12-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #28
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
Oh, bullshit.
Well put, well said.
      12-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #29
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Well put, well said.
Another thumps up for bullshit though I don't know the sh$t that about.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #30
AlpineWhite_SJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Its almost as if some of the posters in this thread have never even spoken with someone who votes D, but just formed their opinions based on what people post on the internet
I live in the Bay Area so pretty much the majority of people I speak with on a regular basis vote Democrat. You can have a rational conversation with a small number of them, but the rest just start foaming at the mouth on most of the social topics if you disagree.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2019, 02:06 PM   #31
vreihen16
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Someone please tell me how today's liberal's will make the USA a better place...
By getting into a fleet of diesel soy-powered busses and moving en masse to Canada?????
      12-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #32
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
By getting into a fleet of diesel soy-powered busses and moving en masse to Canada?????
So many threats/promises to do so, and yet they are all still here, including Dodger.
anglo56657.50
Infamus75.00

12-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #33
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
So many threats/promises to do so, and yet they are all still here, including Dodger.
      12-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #34
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Any critically thinking person cannot believe that siding as a liberal or conservative is what is best for this country, the world, and humanity. Blindly siding with a party is why things are such a disaster.

Freedom, compromise, and doing what is right for the collective good is what really works. I have little respect for those that side solely as a republican or democrat.
      12-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #35
kring
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 340ix, 19 M550i incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
I live in the Bay Area so pretty much the majority of people I speak with on a regular basis vote Democrat. You can have a rational conversation with a small number of them, but the rest just start foaming at the mouth on most of the social topics if you disagree.
I normally avoid all political dialog - but wow - there are some rational and thoughtful people here! what a refresher.. makes me feel like I'm allowed to speak. LOL

I'm in Connecticut and it's quite similar - I have many close friends that are Democrats and others that are Republican, we generally avoid politics as best we can but occasionally they come up and we mange through it politely and we're all good about topic switching as soon as we feel it shift from a light social dialog to one of a democrat pushing to convince a republican that 2+2=13 or similar illogical debate.

I've seen it get out of hand quite a few times - The republicans are generally calm and just shake their heads, most don't bother even responding - while the democrats start to violently shake in rage, seeth in such anger their faces turn red and they foam at the mouth but they try hard to speak calmly. It goes back to the strong point made earlier, it's like a child having a tantrum but not knowing why or being able to communicate yet they are adult-enough not to raise their voice in a public and social setting.

In my honest experience; most of the Connecticut democrats are well educated successful and smart, but very ignorant of politics and I find a lot of them lack street smarts or depth of common sense. they are very good at banding together into a frenzy of ignorance and easily turn a blind eye to the visible damage their party has done to Connecticut, which is a mismanaged state of epic proportions.

I can pretty much sum it up that a vast majority of democrats I interact with have zero ability to articulate a well thought out or balanced political point, they use emotion over logic. They adamantly refuse to see things from more than their own personal perspective. The second you make a rational point or introduce additional hard, well known facts that counter their opinion they immediately change the subject or ignite a flash of emotion followed by quickly repeating the reason they were so frustrated before, or my favorite; when they get all bent out of shape and repeat over and over "I can't, I can't, I can't"

And so you know my general perspective - while I consistently vote republican, I don't "side" with any party, I think they are both extreme and the system is so inbred and corrupt on both sides that all I can trust is my ability to make a rational decision case by case for every topic that comes up - my bias is to be more conservative in decision making. I rely on fact, common sense, history, most probable outcome and general I am optimistic. I wish the 2-party system would be dissolved and everyone run on a platform of their choosing, may the best person win - but I ain't optimistic that'll ever happen!

Last edited by kring; 12-23-2019 at 04:31 PM..
Appreciate 4
vreihen162080.50
Dave 90TT2027.00
mk1-fan530.50

12-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #36
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
Iand I find a lot of them lack street smarts or depth of common sense.
You have hit it right there.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 04:52 PM   #37
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Any critically thinking person cannot believe that siding as a liberal or conservative is what is best for this country, the world, and humanity. Blindly siding with a party is why things are such a disaster.

Freedom, compromise, and doing what is right for the collective good is what really works. I have little respect for those that side solely as a republican or democrat.

This.

2011 335i Shuenk N55+ turbo, VSRF inlet, Twisted MHD E50 tune, Catback, Catless DP, 5" stepped FMIC, Injen, ETG Stage2 LPFP, Spool Performance Ignition Kit, AEM V2, XHP, etc.etc
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #38
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I am fiscally conservative, and socially liberal, but only to the point of where the liberal infringes on the rights of others. To me, that is a very well defined line. That is where the modern Liberal has gone astray.

I really do not care if you want to be known by a term that is not male or female, and I will try to accommodate the best I can if I know what you would like to be called. Just don't throw a fit and sue me if I get it wrong not knowing who you are and how you identify.

I happily give to causes that help others, just don't make it mandatory through taxes to give you something for a cause that I do not believe in.

I own one powder actuated rifle that my dad gave me, but have never shot it. Leave the gift from my father alone.

If you come to my restaurant and have dollars to pay for food, I am happy to serve you. If you don't have dollars, I will wrap you up a burrito to go so you do not go hungry. But please do not use the bathroom to give yourself your weekly shower and stink it up for my paying customers. It breaks my heart to tell you to leave, but I have to. I have a business to run and employees to protect, and there are shelters down the street for you to use a shower.

You do you, and I'll do me. If you need help, ask, and I will probably help. Do not demand because I will push back.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/liberal

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/liberal

Edit to add: I am a registered independent, and have voted for both R's and D's.
Looks like you realized that it's not GOP vs DEM but Statism (GOP & DEM) vs Libertarianism.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 3
vreihen162080.50
SoCalS2k389.50

12-23-2019, 10:40 PM   #39
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I read on the internet that liberals donít like garlic, and that they donít have reflections.

I find it amusing when someone asks my political affiliation. I usually tell them which ever one I think will piss them off more.
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8773.00

12-23-2019, 11:41 PM   #40
AlpineWhite_SJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I read on the internet that liberals donít like garlic, and that they donít have reflections.

I find it amusing when someone asks my political affiliation. I usually tell them which ever one I think will piss them off more.
I was a registered democrat for a number of years, only because they were the ones doing on-campus voter registration and I figured it would mess with their voter statistics when I voted the opposite way. Closed primaries have mostly made this obsolete if you care about influencing the Dem/Repub nominee at the executive level.

Generally vote the issues at the candidate level so Iíve voted for state and local politicians from the other party if they were centrist, but there donít to seem to be many of those. Seriously wish there was a 3rd party candidate for President who had a chance in hell so we can get out of this 2-party dogma.
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 2
      12-24-2019, 05:14 AM   #41
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

*THIS*

Kristin Tate is a libertarian writer and an analyst for Young Americans for Liberty.

Republicans are the party of civil liberties as Democrats walk away.
https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...rats-walk-away
      12-24-2019, 06:39 AM   #42
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Looks like you realized that it's not GOP vs DEM but Statism (GOP & DEM) vs Libertarianism.
I've known that for quite a while now.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #43
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

They have their own language.

New Yorker's David Remnick: Trump Impeachment About "The Future Of The Earth"
Of course this was said on Brian Stelters Reliable Sources on CNN.

And there you go.
      12-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #44
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Oh, bullshit.
But you believe Anglo used to be a lib?

Appreciate 1