BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

ARSENAL tickets

Hi,

I thought I'd ask here since there are a lot of soccer fans on the forums. What is the best way to get tickets to an Arsenal game? My family will be in London for a few days and Arsenal is playing Leicester on March 11.

The Arsenal site has pre-sale to members only. I don't see the point of spending $$$ to be a member if we only want to see 1 game. There are a lot of "third" party sites but I'm not sure who is reliable and trustworthy.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

I looked into this a long time ago (in year 1 of Emirates), but most EPL games for most EPL teams are soldout to season ticket holders. There are straggler one-off tickets available on their website, so it's worth looking at, but anything more than two side-by-side tickets are near impossible to find.

I think you need to work with ticket resellers at this point. I would use reputable US-based merchants first (stubhub?).

Another tip is, if you just want to watch Arsenal play, you could consider going to an away game when they play a London area team.
      01-31-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Did this several years ago to see Chelsea play while in London. Each family member had to join but the rates were fairly inexpensive for a non-resident/international member. Something like $50 each as I recall but well worth it! The kids LOVED going to a real EPL game.

Once you are member, you then get access to the website where any unsold tickets are available or season ticket holders are selling tickets to games they can't attend.

I agree w/ Flying Ace about Arsenal though. Chelsea has a many international season ticket holders so there were plenty seats available being sold and we easily found four together. Arsenal has a much more local following so likely fewer tickets available for resale, at least on the club website.

While I regularly use Stubhub here in the states, I am not familiar with UK based or international resellers.
Appreciate 2
Flying Ace4982.50
      02-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Did this several years ago to see Chelsea play while in London. Each family member had to join but the rates were fairly inexpensive for a non-resident/international member. Something like $50 each as I recall but well worth it! The kids LOVED going to a real EPL game.

Once you are member, you then get access to the website where any unsold tickets are available or season ticket holders are selling tickets to games they can't attend.

I agree w/ Flying Ace about Arsenal though. Chelsea has a many international season ticket holders so there were plenty seats available being sold and we easily found four together. Arsenal has a much more local following so likely fewer tickets available for resale, at least on the club website.

While I regularly use Stubhub here in the states, I am not familiar with UK based or international resellers.
thanks for the insight, so how much were the tickets themselves, and who was the opponent that day?
      03-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
slalomfever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nardo Grey F80

The original plan was to watch Leicester City vs Arsenal....it got cancelled and the match became Arsenal vs Lincoln City (FA Cup). The game was a 5 - 0 blowout. Apparently it was like the NY Yankees playing a triple A team.

I was able to get tickets through a ticket broker - ticketgum.com The seats were pretty AWESOME (field level corner) NOT cheap but the experience was well worth it.
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      03-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomfever View Post
The original plan was to watch Leicester City vs Arsenal....it got cancelled and the match became Arsenal vs Lincoln City (FA Cup). The game was a 5 - 0 blowout. Apparently it was like the NY Yankees playing a triple A team.

I was able to get tickets through a ticket broker - ticketgum.com The seats were pretty AWESOME (field level corner) NOT cheap but the experience was well worth it.
I used Viagogo (http://www.viagogo.co.uk) last month when I went to Stamford Bridge. Great experience. Even had the museum tour and seating package that you'd get from the box office. As you said, it wasn't cheap, but they are legit and easy to deal with. Should have watched a better, more successful London team.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 03:28 AM   #7
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Should have watched a better, more successful London team.
      04-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I used Viagogo (http://www.viagogo.co.uk) last month when I went to Stamford Bridge. Great experience. Even had the museum tour and seating package that you'd get from the box office. As you said, it wasn't cheap, but they are legit and easy to deal with. Should have watched a better, more successful London team.
Fulham is a suggestion for next time.
      04-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Fulham is a suggestion for next time.
Better off trying Brentford
      04-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Better off trying Brentford
yes, likely will not watch a loss in person...
      04-05-2017, 02:07 AM   #11
lexamckenzie
Rep
Drives: Gray Honda Civiv Hatchback

Arsene Wenger's future as the manager of the club is at risk. Arsenal needs to work hard in order to earn a slot for a much more bigger competition next season.

There's no doubt that Chelsea will bag away the title on Premier League this year.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 02:33 AM   #12
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexamckenzie View Post
Arsene Wenger's future as the manager of the club is at risk.
No, Arsenal's future is a risk if Wenger signs another 2 year contract, and for as long as Silent Stan remains the owner.

The Club needs new ownership, new board, new manager, new coaching structure......
      04-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #13
lexamckenzie
Rep
Drives: Gray Honda Civiv Hatchback

Quote:
No, Arsenal's future is a risk if Wenger signs another 2 year contract, and for as long as Silent Stan remains the owner.

The Club needs new ownership, new board, new manager, new coaching structure......
They are losing it all, Mesut Ozil's play is not as impressive as last season. Good thing they won over West Ham United in their recent match but that is not enough if they want to secure a place in the European tournament next year.

Who do you think will be the great alternative if its not Wenger?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Good thing they won over West Ham United in their recent match but that is not enough if they want to secure a place in the European tournament next year.
I hope we don't qualify for CL next season, as it will be the kick in the bank account of Silent Stan that we need. Arsenal should be competing for trophies, not mere qualification for a tournament that we can't get past the first knockout rounds every year. But as long as the owner sees success in terms of his bank account and nothing else, the club will continue stagnate and as we're now starting to see, get overtaken by more ambitious clubs.

Quote:
Who do you think will be the great alternative if its not Wenger?
No idea.........all the prospective candidates talked about in previous years have all been allowed to go elsewhere due to the Wenger fixation.
AW was past his sell by date 5 years ago, but he's been there so long and is so entrenched in the club, the club is just too scarred of the post-AW era....so they keep clinging on to it.
Arsenal FC was around for a century before AW arrived, and hopefully it will still be around many years after AW has been put in his box.......so, at some point the club has to face a future without AW, so the sooner the better IMHO, just as Man Utd had to face the prospect of a future without Fergie.
      04-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #15
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I hope we don't qualify for CL next season, as it will be the kick in the bank account of Silent Stan that we need. Arsenal should be competing for trophies, not mere qualification for a tournament that we can't get past the first knockout rounds every year. But as long as the owner sees success in terms of his bank account and nothing else, the club will continue stagnate and as we're now starting to see, get overtaken by more ambitious clubs.

No idea.........all the prospective candidates talked about in previous years have all been allowed to go elsewhere due to the Wenger fixation.
AW was past his sell by date 5 years ago, but he's been there so long and is so entrenched in the club, the club is just too scarred of the post-AW era....so they keep clinging on to it.
Arsenal FC was around for a century before AW arrived, and hopefully it will still be around many years after AW has been put in his box.......so, at some point the club has to face a future without AW, so the sooner the better IMHO, just as Man Utd had to face the prospect of a future without Fergie.
It has to be very frustrating as an Arsenal fan. Wenger came in and revolutionized the English game with his style of play. He deserves that credit. But, it has been many years since Arsenal has had a sniff at a title. Arsene FC is bigger than the club at this point and his arrogance has no end. I really think he believes he can stay 2 more seasons and turn things around. I've said this before, but I don't think you can name a coach in any sport that hasn't been fired for not winning a title in 13 years. Being satisfied with top 4 and an exit in round of 16 in CL shouldn't be the standard. Yet, 50% of Arsenal fans still want him to stay??? I really don't get it.

The SAF situation is very different. He left when his squad was aging. Arsenal have some good players, but don't have any heart and motivation. There's no repercussions for lazy play and poor form. Prime example was continuing to start Ozil when his play was terrible. Any other manager would have sat his ass on the bench until he worked hard enough to earn his position back.

The fact that he keeps coming out with all these excuses like the players he COULD have signed is embarrassing and a sign of desperation. He needs to put his ego aside for the better of the club and step down so some new blood can come in. By him saying I have made my decision, but I'm not telling you has hurt the club and the squad and the ability to attract new players in the summer. Why would you sign for Arsenal if you have no idea who their manager will be or what system they would be playing in? #WengerOut
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 03:06 AM   #16
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I really think he believes he can stay 2 more seasons and turn things around. I've said this before, but I don't think you can name a coach in any sport that hasn't been fired for not winning a title in 13 years.
Of course he believes it.....he's the only one though, especially given all his past promises over the last decade or more, that's why only the serial delusional Gooners want him to stay (as well as the board and club owner of course)

For example:
In 2014 Wenger, adamant that he now has a group of players that are creating "something special".......... declared in a statement....

"I will win Premier League title with Arsenal again inside three years"

A lot of the fan anger is due to the fact that the whole Emirates move was sold to the fans as a necessity in order to increase revenue, so as to maintain their title/trophy challenges. Whereas the reality is that it was blatantly done to increase revenue, so as to line the pockets of the shareholders. And of course one of the highest paid manager's in the world. There clearly is little ambition to actually challenge or win anything. They've been in the top 6-7 highest revenue clubs in the world for years, yet haven't progressed past the last 16 of the CL for 7 years.

They aren't going to get relegated, so why are they sitting on all this money? Why aren't they investing it in the squad, in an attempt to win something? They clearly have the money to spend but the board choose not to. What is the point of Arsenal Football Club, if not to win trophies? Is it simply to make as much money for the owners, with the minimum outlay - eg: finishing in the CL places (guaranteed £30m-40m) but investing no money in actually attempting to win it? And if Wenger is about to sign another £8m+ a year contract, then the suggestion that he is utterly complicit in this lack of ambition is true.

All the while the fans are charged the most expensive tickets in the world....still they should be grateful that they've helped their $8bn owner recently buy a 800sqm ranch to become the ninth-largest landowner in the US.
Still, none of his 5 US sports franchises have ever shown any ambition to win either.

Replacing Wenger is only half of the problem to Arsenal competing for trophies again, getting a new owner and board is the other (and harder) problem the club faces.
      04-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #17
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
They'll be giving arsenal tickets away soon enough lmao.
Appreciate 0