09-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
TrollingCavalier
Private
Rep
Drives: 535i & x5 40i

Thumbs down Issues with the new car....

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I have the g05 x5 40i for roughly three weeks now. There is just some annoying issues going on with this car that drives me crazy.

The first one is the weird sound on both the front door. Whenever I go over bump, there is some weird sound going on either from the window or the speaker / door handle part, pretty annoying to me.

Second one is also some weird rattling sound coming from the rear seats? It happens not too often but it is definitely there when I drive at a relatively high speed...

Third one is about Bluetooth. Whenever I have a android device connected to the car, it always go black screen and reboot itself if I am switching soundtracks...... Apple CarPlay or Apple device with Bluetooth connection works fine.

The fourth one is the keys. The both keys I have cannot start the engine now. They can lock and unlock the doors, but if I want to start the engine, the center screen pops up a message saying my keys are defective. The only method for me to drive my car is to use the digital key... What a joke.

I get it that x5 are made by American factories, but build quality like this is just not acceptable.... I had a 535i for the last three years, that car has no issues whatsoever.
Is is just my case or is everyone else having the same issue?
I doubt if dealership can fix all the issues I mentioned, guess too late for me to return the car.
If I was given another choice, I prob would go for the gle 450...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
TrollingCavalier
Private
Rep

Is there any return policy regarding lemon? Or at least some sort of compensations?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingCavalier View Post
Is there any return policy regarding lemon? Or at least some sort of compensations?
his car is not a lemon based on things mentioned
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #4
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Have you checked with the dealer about getting these issues fixed?

Maybe the key is defective; the dealer could fix that. If the dealer can hear the noises they can fix that too. Noises are always an issue because they seem to go away whenever the car gets near a dealership

BMW does have a process for buying back a car that cannot be fixed, but you will have to at least give the dealer a chance to fix it.

Quote:
So I have the g05 x5 40i for roughly three weeks now. There is just some annoying issues going on with this car that drives me crazy.

The first one is the weird sound on both the front door. Whenever I go over bump, there is some weird sound going on either from the window or the speaker / door handle part, pretty annoying to me.

Second one is also some weird rattling sound coming from the rear seats? It happens not too often but it is definitely there when I drive at a relatively high speed...

Third one is about Bluetooth. Whenever I have a android device connected to the car, it always go black screen and reboot itself if I am switching soundtracks...... Apple CarPlay or Apple device with Bluetooth connection works fine.

The fourth one is the keys. The both keys I have cannot start the engine now. They can lock and unlock the doors, but if I want to start the engine, the center screen pops up a message saying my keys are defective. The only method for me to drive my car is to use the digital key... What a joke.

I get it that x5 are made by American factories, but build quality like this is just not acceptable.... I had a 535i for the last three years, that car has no issues whatsoever.
I doubt if dealership can fix all the issues I mentioned, guess too late for me to return the car.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
TrollingCavalier
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Have you checked with the dealer about getting these issues fixed?

Maybe the key is defective; the dealer could fix that. If the dealer can hear the noises they can fix that too. Noises are always an issue because they seem to go away whenever the car gets near a dealership

BMW does have a process for buying back a car that cannot be fixed, but you will have to at least give the dealer a chance to fix it.
Yea so apparently they are recalling my car.... Had an appointment scheduled next week. I hope to god they can fix all these weird problems cuz I have OCD...

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 09:25 PM   #6
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

With respect to the noises from the door, there are a couple of threads that sound similar to what you describe. Here's one:

Drivers door squeaking... https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1648271
      09-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #7
787Pilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

I had all of the same issues but the one that bothered me the most was the "some weird rattling sound coming from the rear seats". The final resolution was they bought the car back...seriously! But I gotta tell ya, they tried to make me seem like an odd duck at first. Now BMW has issued a service bulletin about the rear seat noises.

If the GLE 450 was available, I might try it too. But for right now I'm waiting on the 2020 X5 M50.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #8
TrollingCavalier
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 787Pilot View Post
I had all of the same issues but the one that bothered me the most was the "some weird rattling sound coming from the rear seats". The final resolution was they bought the car back...seriously! But I gotta tell ya, they tried to make me seem like an odd duck at first. Now BMW has issued a service bulletin about the rear seat noises.

If the GLE 450 was available, I might try it too. But for right now I'm waiting on the 2020 X5 M50.
So nice to hear that bmw bought your car back. Did they buy it back because they were unable to fix the issues?
I wish if bmw could buy this car back or at least gimme a good quality x5.
Yea gle 450 ain't as sporty as x5 to me but I guess they ought to have a more solid build quality than this : (
Appreciate 0