04-20-2023, 10:01 AM   #45
Fahrfun
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillX5M View Post
Do you have a direct link on the interior cleaning Grigot spray? It is a little overwhelming when I go on the website and there are a million different Grigot sprays. Also, where is the cheapest place I can buy it? Amazon would be amazing since it's 2 day shipping. Link for Microfiber towels too? And the link for that spray you were mentioning to clean the leather?

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-10975-Interior-Detailer/dp/B016UIQ8TC
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 11:06 AM   #46
JillX5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorll View Post
Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic spray is excellent. I put 1 thin coat over my new 2023 X5 xDrive 40i Black sapphire metalic (cognac interior) and after 6 or 8 automatic car washes the microfiber drying cloth still just glides effortlessly over the paint. YouTube tests show Griots will last up to 6 months, longer when you give it a second coat. Griots is an official sponser of the BMW CCA club as well, so they must be somewhat endorsed by the members. BTW I turned down my dealers offer of a $599 Teflon coating and opted to use Griots myself instead. Easy application, wipe and buff off quickly. Took me about 2 hours to do the X5.
Curious - how do you clean your display screen on the interior dashboard ?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 04:36 PM   #47
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
I have always used eyeglass cleaner on all my displays, car, phone, table, computer, etc. If it's glass, that's what I use. Works great. I also shout at people who are attempting to touch the displays
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 05:54 PM   #48
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
I use either Gyeon Q²M Glass or Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 09:08 PM   #49
ScaldedDog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
I also shout at people who are attempting to touch the displays
LOL! You made my night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
... Gyeon Q²M Interior Detailer.
Same here. Use it on my laptop screens, too.

Mark
1988 4Runner on 40's - Off-road trailer queen
2001 PSD Excursion - The slave that drags the queen
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 09:18 PM   #50
AllVol
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
I’d get a new car paint corrected, ceramic coated or ppf’d before anything else happened.

Adams and chemical guys both have a great line of products, check their websites. Id recommend watching some professional detailers on YouTube to get a idea of the proper technique as well as what chemicals to use and when.

Also, there are plenty of threads about washing. Info overload really. A quick search will get you there. Congrats on the new car, enjoy!!!!
I am an Adams guy for pH balanced car wash and Graphene tire dressing. Big fan of the foam cannon as well. Chemical guys for wheel cleaner and interior detailed and leather cleaner.

Two bucket method and microfiber wash mitt and drying towels.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2023, 09:42 AM   #51
Itslouiev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Sport 40i

Quote:
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I used to work at the Apple Store and I really grew fond of the cleaning solution that they used on all their screens in the store.

It's called Woosh! (yep with the exclamation mark), I actually ordered a few of the big woosh bottles that come with the cleaning cloths and everything and keep one in the car for all the screens in the dash. It's probably the only non automotive specific product I use for keeping my car clean.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2023, 08:06 PM   #52
Nikita44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 & '23 C8 Z06

Adam's polishes for a long time on my cars. Their graphene detailer is awesome and Adam does videos on how to use all of the products.
      04-22-2023, 12:53 PM   #53
Condorll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
I use a damp microfiber towel.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 02:33 PM   #54
11001X101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

Any turtle wax hybrid solutions lover here? Sometimes the best products are at your local Walmart store. A lot of good discussion here.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 04:20 PM   #55
JillX5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
I gave up trying to fight swirls after six months of handwashing, no-rinse , etc. I was spending more time washing and trying to keep the dust off of it. Now I’m just doing drive through washes. Two minutes and done. It’s a car, drive it enjoy it don’t worry about it.

‘23 Sapphire Metallic Black, m-sport
Oh my goodness. This might be the best advice. I just joined a car wash club near my house that’s 22 dollars per month for unlimited car washes and I have my weekends to spend with my kids. Time is money. Why doesn’t everyone do this? Haha. It’s one of those brushless car washes too so doesn’t damage the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 07:03 PM   #56
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Oh my goodness. This might be the best advice. I just joined a car wash club near my house that’s 22 dollars per month for unlimited car washes and I have my weekends to spend with my kids. Time is money. Why doesn’t everyone do this? Haha. It’s one of those brushless car washes too so doesn’t damage the car.

Cons of brushless car washes...

Like all car wash methods, brushless car wash has its own set of disadvantages, and they are mentioned below.

Prone to scratches: The cloth strips, if not cleaned regularly, can cause scratches on the car’s body. The dirt left behind on the cloth strips used for the cleaning method tends to mar the surface of your vehicle over time.

Uses harmful chemicals: In most brushless car wash facilities, harsh chemicals are used to dissolve dirt. These chemicals can ruin your car’s finish and shine.

Incomplete cleaning: In a brushless car wash method, you cannot clean your car’s nooks and crannies. There will still be dirt and grime stuck in parts where the cloth strips can’t reach. This accumulated dirt over time can cause considerable damage to your car.
Appreciate 1
bobs11117.50