nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak2024 View Post
Thanks yes. This is what I’m talking about. Very helpful. And the reason I was going Juicebox was the load management for two chargers. Are there other good options that do this intelligently? We will have two vehicles plugged in at the same time.
I have two JuiceBox 40 inside my garage. the stiff cables aren’t really an issue for us, because I keep one extended along an adjacent wall all the time, and we just loosely wrap the other when not in use with two big loops. as you can see in the photo below, each JuiceBox has its own socket to hold the J1772 connector when not in use.

the load sharing program works very well to charge both our vehicles simultaneously. my understanding is the current instructions tell you to download the Enel X Way app, but if you want to load share then you have to download and use the EV JuiceNet app. the former still doesn’t support it. at some point it will, then it will become the dominant app. when that happens, the latter will be decommissioned completely.

BTW, Enel X offers a mounting pedestal in single and double configurations. I have the single residential version (the bottom JuiceBox in the photo). while ready to mount and place anywhere, it is somewhat low, so making small loops around its cable holder when cold outside may be difficult, but they offer a taller version, the JuiceStand Pro
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 10:22 PM   #24
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Yup I will see what I can dig up online. Thanks
Just saw neighbor and brought up this topics. He said yes it can be disabled. The light can be set to only come one for a short period of time when you interact with the evse, indicating the was status, then after a minute or so, it will turn off and remain off until next interaction
      05-08-2023, 08:00 AM   #25
gadgetfreak2024
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e, 2011 X5 50i M-Sp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
Just saw neighbor and brought up this topics. He said yes it can be disabled. The light can be set to only come one for a short period of time when you interact with the evse, indicating the was status, then after a minute or so, it will turn off and remain off until next interaction
Thanks. That is very helpful confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 08:02 AM   #26
gadgetfreak2024
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yes Wallbox is definitely another option to check. The cable on Wallbox is a lot more suitable for freezing temperature usage. Wallbox also has its holster separate from the EVSE, seems like what your usage will be too.
Interesting comment on the Wallbox cable. I just watched the State of Charge review of the Wallbox 48 and it did not fare well on the cold weather test -- in fact quite poorly. I realize that review was about a year ago for the Pulsar Plus 48. Has there been a revision?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 10:05 AM   #27
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Interesting comment on the Wallbox cable. I just watched the State of Charge review of the Wallbox 48 and it did not fare well on the cold weather test -- in fact quite poorly. I realize that review was about a year ago for the Pulsar Plus 48. Has there been a revision?
Was it better or worse than JuiceBox in their review? Compare to mine vs neighbors, I cannot imagine Wallbox can be worse.
      05-08-2023, 10:43 AM   #28
gadgetfreak2024
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Was it better or worse than JuiceBox in their review? Compare to mine vs neighbors, I cannot imagine Wallbox can be worse.
They did not do a comparison in the video I watched. But Tom did his deep freeze test and he was very critical (and said it was similarly disappointing like the 40A Wallbox he had previously tested).
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 12:34 PM   #29
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

While the vehicle may slow the charge rate down since cold-soaked batteries have trouble accepting a high rate of charge without damages, the actual EVSE used, at least, should be totally transparent for how fast it charges a vehicle. It is entirely up to the vehicle how much power it draws, up to the maximum capacity of the EVSE.
Appreciate 0