BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
raven6plus
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xdrive40i 2019

Connected Drive Issue

Does anyone still having issues with the connected drive app for the X5 2019? I got my xdrive40i on 11/3, the only thing that is functioning in the app are the send address feature and the vehicle locator, the rest of the features are NOT working which includes: all the remote features (lock/unlock, climate etc); the fuel and fuel range are not updating, same goes with the status of the windows and doors (mine always displays that the Left front window is still open).
I tried taking it back to the dealership but they too cant fix the problem. They said the General Manager is already speaking directly to Connected drive about the issue. So far, I haven't heard any solution from them yet. Its just so frustrating, a luxury vehicle this expensive should have a better app system.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:17 PM   #2
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven6plus View Post
Does anyone still having issues with the connected drive app for the X5 2019? I got my xdrive40i on 11/3, the only thing that is functioning in the app are the send address feature and the vehicle locator, the rest of the features are NOT working which includes: all the remote features (lock/unlock, climate etc); the fuel and fuel range are not updating, same goes with the status of the windows and doors (mine always displays that the Left front window is still open).
I tried taking it back to the dealership but they too cant fix the problem. They said the General Manager is already speaking directly to Connected drive about the issue. So far, I haven't heard any solution from them yet. Its just so frustrating, a luxury vehicle this expensive should have a better app system.
Did you get an ESA via email and then setup your account? When I first got it they hadn't been done and once they did everything started working. Did you sign into your profile in the X5? If you created a local profile you'll need to delete it and sign in with your ConndctedDrive account, which will download your profile and sync changes to the cloud going forward. Just some place to start. It sounds like there's something just not setup right with your account.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
raven6plus
Rep

Whats an ESA? I just check my emails the day I got my X5, the only email that I got from them is the link to confirm the change of email address. I already tried deleting my profile in the car and creating a new one.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Whats an ESA? I just check my emails the day I got my X5, the only email that I got from them is the link to confirm the change of email address. I already tried deleting my profile in the car and creating a new one.
They may not have pushed it through. I had to stay on them for 2 days to get it done. You'll get an email with a stolen vehicle recovery certificate and the service agreement for BMW ConnectedDrive. Just ask your CA if he's pushed through your ESA and confirm the email they have for you. If he hasn't pushed it through keep on them until they do.

And it stands for Electronic Service Agreement I think.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
raven6plus
Rep

They actually gave me a hard copy of Stolen vehicle recovery certificate and a subscriber agreement contract. I saw in that agreement, the "3rd step" in activating the service is to "MAKE AN ACTIVATION CALL in the BMW WITH THE CLIENT BY PUSHING THE SOS BUTTON". Did you do that final step? We never did.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #6
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They actually gave me a hard copy of Stolen vehicle recovery certificate and a subscriber agreement contract. I saw in that agreement, the "3rd step" in activating the service is to "MAKE AN ACTIVATION CALL in the BMW WITH THE CLIENT BY PUSHING THE SOS BUTTON". Did you do that final step? We never did.
I didn't have to do that.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
nyfinest25
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Quote:
Call BMW assist they created a new profile for me and everything worked
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 07:17 PM   #8
raven6plus
Rep

Thanks for the replies guys. I did message the General manager of the dealer, they checked the ESA, it was all good. But at least he made an appointment for me to go back to the dealer for the 2nd time to try to fix the issue. Me and 1 of the "genius" staff called the BMW assist for help. He recommended updating the app on the Idrive, which we did, but the app on the phone was still not working. Next thing the did is they tried sending me another ESA, but since they used the same email address, I didn't get any email confirmation. Then, we tried uninstalling the app from my phone, turned the phone off, and then after turning it back on, we tried re-installing the app in the phone, and voila! it worked like magic. After all that trouble, I think turning the phone off and re-installing the app did the trick. I feel like a child again, after >1 month of owning the X5, I now get to enjoy all the features of the app, including the remote functions, and specially the remote 3D view. I hope some these trouble shooting details that I mentioned can help others who also having issue with the app.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #9
nyfinest25
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Guys need some help with car play.. when I get into my car sometimes car play will work and other times I t doesn't connect or show up on top left corner. I tried looking at all settings everything seem to be connected to my phone. I am using a iPhone XS Max
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 06:08 AM   #10
Espejo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Alpine White X5 40i

I was also handed the stolen vehicle recovery certificate at the time I picked up my vehicle. I'm able to log into the BMW Connected app on my phone and almost everything seems to work fine, except for Remote 3D View. The message states that it has been "disabled" and to "enable this functionality" in "My Vehicle>iDrive Settings>Data privacy>Remote 3D View". I've done that and checked the privacy settings but still no Remote 3D View. It's not absolutely necessary but it would be nice if that worked and the weather widget. I'm calling my SA tomorrow but if anyone sees any obvious mistakes on my part please advise.

After posting this about Remote 3D View I found "Another BMW Connected question" thread which may hold the key to the 3D issue I will let folks know if I find anything out about the weather widget.

Last edited by Espejo; 12-21-2018 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 06:14 AM   #11
salfeet84
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espejo View Post
I was also handed the stolen vehicle recovery certificate at the time I picked up my vehicle. I'm able to log into the BMW Connected app on my phone and almost everything seems to work fine, except for Remote 3D View. The message states that it has been "disabled" and to "enable this functionality" in "My Vehicle>iDrive Settings>Data privacy>Remote 3D View". I've done that and checked the privacy settings but still no Remote 3D View. It's not absolutely necessary but it would be nice if that worked and the weather widget. I'm calling my SA tomorrow but if anyone sees any obvious mistakes on my part please advise.
Plz let us know what happens?l, my 3D view is working, traffic info works on and off, but haven't been able to see the weather widget since I took delivery a week ago, will be taking the car next week for service and won't pick up till they fix that ....
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #12
johnweig
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 X 5

I am having I drive connection issues on my 2019 X -5.
I have had it in for service 4 times in 2 weeks. Even the loaner X5 did the same thing. My dealer even gave us another new X5, same issue. Is anyone else having this problem. I have a Samsung S9, not an IPhone. Wondering if this is the problem.

Thanks
Appreciate 0