BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-10-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
lonestarrpm
Registered
Rep
Drives: porsche gt2

X5 Xdrive45e = to M or not to M

Newish to the BMW scene. I've raced E30/E36/E39's, but know little about the street vehicles. Mostly a Porsche family.

Looking to replace our SUV. Had a Cayenne Twin Turbo as my tow vehicle and family hauler for years but engine died and was replaced by F250.
F250 is not big enough interior to haul the dogs/cats/traveling zoo. So in search of a new SUV.
Wife has a Panamera Hybrid, and we like the car and love the hybrid aspects. The X5 Xdrive45E (2021-2023 vintage)

The X5 Xdrive45E (2021-2023 vintage) has caught our attention, but lost in the world of options.
Know that historically the M badge was an upgrade in performance and handling, but does that hold true
for the new SUV Hybrids? Is an M Sport Package worthy of seeking after?

What other options should I be on the look out for?

ty!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 12:31 PM   #2
rybocf
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5M Competition

I think this is better served on the general X5 forum. This is for dedicated X5/X6M variants, not M-sport versions of any other X5 - probably why you haven't gotten much of a response.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 01:01 PM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarrpm View Post
Newish to the BMW scene. I've raced E30/E36/E39's, but know little about the street vehicles. Mostly a Porsche family.

Looking to replace our SUV. Had a Cayenne Twin Turbo as my tow vehicle and family hauler for years but engine died and was replaced by F250.
F250 is not big enough interior to haul the dogs/cats/traveling zoo. So in search of a new SUV.
Wife has a Panamera Hybrid, and we like the car and love the hybrid aspects. The X5 Xdrive45E (2021-2023 vintage)

The X5 Xdrive45E (2021-2023 vintage) has caught our attention, but lost in the world of options.
Know that historically the M badge was an upgrade in performance and handling, but does that hold true
for the new SUV Hybrids? Is an M Sport Package worthy of seeking after?

What other options should I be on the look out for?

ty!
M Sport is not synonymous with ///M. the previous applies to the G05 chassis where the M Sport package has no performance gains. it’s all cosmetic. the latter applies to the F95 chassis which is the ///M you alluded to with all the high-performance upgrades
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 02:04 PM   #4
Matt 335is
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB 50e | e92 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarrpm View Post
Hello, if you're serious about what you put in the Drives: section of your profile can you please post pictures of your GT2
Appreciate 0