BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2024, 01:07 PM   #639
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Gro View Post
anyone getting discounts of MSRP on the new 50e?
Of course it depends on the location but we were seeing some in the 5% area. With production being limited and the new MY starting it may be a bit before that becomes the norm.
      02-10-2024, 07:29 PM   #640
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

Just walked in Chicagoland dealer which I bought the several M cars from them. They offered me at MSRP for X5M custom order, very disappointed. Is everyone seeing more incentive coming up for MY25?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 07:37 PM   #641
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
Just walked in Chicagoland dealer which I bought the several M cars from them. They offered me at MSRP for X5M custom order, very disappointed. Is everyone seeing more incentive coming up for MY25?
I would say you will see less discounting for the MY25's for a few months but it really will depend on sales and allocations. Right now it is very tough to get a V8 allocation and I have seen it said that it will continue to be like that, we will see.
JKen_0115176.50
      02-10-2024, 08:42 PM   #642
evanseric21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X6M Competition

I've just negotiated my deal on a custom-ordered X6M Competition, and they wouldn't budge off the MSRP. The manager was extremely rude throughout the process, and I plan to file a complaint with the dealership's General Manager. He pretended not to know that the '25s start production in April and, when I showed him the BMWNA press release, he refused to look at it. As a last-ditch effort to make a deal, I managed to have them cover the labor for installing my carbon fiber parts (grille, mirror caps, spoiler, and exhaust tips), and they also agreed to include M Performance mats, a cargo trunk mat, and two BMW child restraint car seat covers.

The total value of all these extras was just over $2,000 with taxes.

I also received a $4,000 military discount, so all in all, I ended up close to around 4% off the MSRP when you factor in the military discount, labor, and accessories.

I was on the verge of walking away from the deal. The manager was very patronizing and condescending. Acting like he was doing me a favor by not selling my car to someone else.

They have two X5M Comps that have been sitting for a while, and I suspect it's because of the price. Before closing my deal, I called two other dealerships that had X5M Comps—since no one had X6M Comps—to see what they were offering off MSRP. One dealership offered $5.6k off, and the other offered $4.1k off, but both of those vehicles have since been sold.

I have learned from this experience to negotiate the deal before placing the order.
9/29 - Placed order | 10/12 - Received allocation (status 112) | 10/31 - Placed Individual Paint Order | 11/7 - Individual Order approved (Status 102) | 1/8 - Scheduled for production (status 112) | 1/25 - Production Starts (status 150) | 2/8 - Entering Assembly (status 153) | 2/9 - In Transit (status 195) | 2/13 - Accepted Delivery
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:37 AM   #643
mushy_musashi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanseric21 View Post
I've just negotiated my deal on a custom-ordered X6M Competition, and they wouldn't budge off the MSRP. The manager was extremely rude throughout the process, and I plan to file a complaint with the dealership's General Manager. He pretended not to know that the '25s start production in April and, when I showed him the BMWNA press release, he refused to look at it. As a last-ditch effort to make a deal, I managed to have them cover the labor for installing my carbon fiber parts (grille, mirror caps, spoiler, and exhaust tips), and they also agreed to include M Performance mats, a cargo trunk mat, and two BMW child restraint car seat covers.

The total value of all these extras was just over $2,000 with taxes.

I also received a $4,000 military discount, so all in all, I ended up close to around 4% off the MSRP when you factor in the military discount, labor, and accessories.

I was on the verge of walking away from the deal. The manager was very patronizing and condescending. Acting like he was doing me a favor by not selling my car to someone else.

They have two X5M Comps that have been sitting for a while, and I suspect it's because of the price. Before closing my deal, I called two other dealerships that had X5M Comps—since no one had X6M Comps—to see what they were offering off MSRP. One dealership offered $5.6k off, and the other offered $4.1k off, but both of those vehicles have since been sold.

I have learned from this experience to negotiate the deal before placing the order.
Just to prove a point, I would have complained then place an order with a different dealer. On the price of that car, that discount could probably be matched or improved by a different dealer. I hate that they make it seem like they are doing you a favor, when in fact, youre the one spending money. Its you who are doing them a favor buy buying from them and not somewhere else!

Fun story, I was at the same dealer where we got my wife's X3. Talked to the same agent that sold the car, to,d her specifically what a broker can get me regarding discounts. She said those numbers dont make sense and that the dealership will be losing money. I said ok then il guess il give the broker a try. Never used one before and would rather buy locally. But the discount from broker was big (8.5% off +$5.5k incentives), enough for me to consider picking up the vehicle somehwere else or getting it shipped to me. Found out the broker had a connection with my local dealer. Fast forward to pickup day, first agent saw me in the dealership asking what i was doing there and if i needed help. I said im just here to pickup my new x5. She asked me why i didnt tell her and she could have done something. I told her i did, and proceeded to remind her how she says those numbers was impossible. I even remided her that she was the first one to know that i was going to use a broker. Then i walked away to admire my new car. It could have been her sale but probably thinks im making atuff up to get a good discount.

** side note: i didnt use my brokers numbers to shop around. I asked for what i wanted which is a little bit higher than advertised on leasehackr. He got me the deal and i said lets do it and didnt even consider trying to use that as leverage on other dealership.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2024, 10:07 AM   #644
evanseric21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy_musashi View Post
Just to prove a point, I would have complained then place an order with a different dealer. On the price of that car, that discount could probably be matched or improved by a different dealer. I hate that they make it seem like they are doing you a favor, when in fact, youre the one spending money. Its you who are doing them a favor buy buying from them and not somewhere else!

Fun story, I was at the same dealer where we got my wife's X3. Talked to the same agent that sold the car, to,d her specifically what a broker can get me regarding discounts. She said those numbers dont make sense and that the dealership will be losing money. I said ok then il guess il give the broker a try. Never used one before and would rather buy locally. But the discount from broker was big (8.5% off +$5.5k incentives), enough for me to consider picking up the vehicle somehwere else or getting it shipped to me. Found out the broker had a connection with my local dealer. Fast forward to pickup day, first agent saw me in the dealership asking what i was doing there and if i needed help. I said im just here to pickup my new x5. She asked me why i didnt tell her and she could have done something. I told her i did, and proceeded to remind her how she says those numbers was impossible. I even remided her that she was the first one to know that i was going to use a broker. Then i walked away to admire my new car. It could have been her sale but probably thinks im making atuff up to get a good discount.

** side note: i didnt use my brokers numbers to shop around. I asked for what i wanted which is a little bit higher than advertised on leasehackr. He got me the deal and i said lets do it and didnt even consider trying to use that as leverage on other dealership.
There were a few reasons I didn't walk away. Firstly, my Sales Advisor has been great for the most part. He's made mistakes but has owned up to them and never been rude or disrespectful. Secondly, no one has allocations for X6 Ms right now because the new model year is about to be released. Thirdly, I've been waiting since September and, honestly, I just want my car at this point. If they hadn't agreed to cover the cost of the labor and those accessories, I definitely would have walked away. I'm going to submit my complaint to the General Manager before I finalize the paperwork, though. My car should arrive tomorrow. I definitely learned a few things. From now on, I'll always negotiate upfront and consider the options of using a broker.
9/29 - Placed order | 10/12 - Received allocation (status 112) | 10/31 - Placed Individual Paint Order | 11/7 - Individual Order approved (Status 102) | 1/8 - Scheduled for production (status 112) | 1/25 - Production Starts (status 150) | 2/8 - Entering Assembly (status 153) | 2/9 - In Transit (status 195) | 2/13 - Accepted Delivery
Appreciate 2
P111572.00
      02-11-2024, 11:11 AM   #645
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy_musashi View Post

The things they do to customers is absolutely disgusting sometimes. There not all bad, but most car salespeople are the lowest of the low when is comes to these deals

They will do anything it takes to make a deal and rip you off. They play mental games, try to twist your emotions to make it seem like they are the ones suffering. Lie about the numbers and the fees. It's really the worst buying experience you ever have to go through.

Without the buyer they have nothing. They are 100% reliant on us to buy the car. Without us, there is no BMW, but they want you to think it's the biggest favor in the world that they are selling you a car. Fabricated nonsense.
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2024, 05:38 PM   #646
Phasers
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i, 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
There were a few reasons I didn't walk away. Firstly, my Sales Advisor has been great for the most part. He's made mistakes but has owned up to them and never been rude or disrespectful. Secondly, no one has allocations for X6 Ms right now because the new model year is about to be released. Thirdly, I've been waiting since September and, honestly, I just want my car at this point. If they hadn't agreed to cover the cost of the labor and those accessories, I definitely would have walked away. I'm going to submit my complaint to the General Manager before I finalize the paperwork, though. My car should arrive tomorrow. I definitely learned a few things. From now on, I'll always negotiate upfront and consider the options of using a broker.
At MSRP though, I'd just wait a week or two for April allocations to come out and get a '25 in 2 months.

You're rewarding bad behavior IMO.
Appreciate 1
swainbmw525.50
      02-12-2024, 07:01 PM   #647
evanseric21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasers View Post
At MSRP though, I'd just wait a week or two for April allocations to come out and get a '25 in 2 months.

Yes, I hear you. I have a meeting with their GM, and he seems much more reasonable. I will speak with him and see what he can do. The car still hasn't arrived.

I have an individual color, so depending on when the next batch of those is scheduled, it could be a much longer wait. I'm definitely in a tough spot.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 07:12 PM   #648
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I hear you. I have a meeting with their GM, and he seems much more reasonable. I will speak with him and see what he can do. The car still hasn't arrived.

I have an individual color, so depending on when the next batch of those is scheduled, it could be a much longer wait. I'm definitely in a tough spot.
You also have to considered that historically getting an Individual paint has usually resulted in a lower discount. Given the lower production of X6M's, an Individual paint and likely fewer V8's being produced overall, MSRP may be the norm for your build. After such a long wait, it may be best to talk to the GM but even if nothing changes just take it and enjoy your new X6M.
      02-12-2024, 08:14 PM   #649
evanseric21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You also have to considered that historically getting an Individual paint has usually resulted in a lower discount. Given the lower production of X6M's, an Individual paint and likely fewer V8's being produced overall, MSRP may be the norm for your build. After such a long wait, it may be best to talk to the GM but even if nothing changes just take it and enjoy your new X6M.
I'm leaning towards that. What bothers the most is how that Manager handled the situation. He was just extremely condescending and rude. Not sure if you remember when I almost lost my allocation a while back when I was given misinformation on the Individual color ordering process. This was the same manager that made that mistake and had to get it corrected.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 08:16 PM   #650
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm leaning towards that. What bothers the most is how that Manager handled the situation. He was just extremely condescending and rude. Not sure if you remember when I almost lost my allocation a while back when I was given misinformation on the Individual color ordering process. This was the same manager that made that mistake and had to get it corrected.
Yes, I remember that. He seems to be arrogant and incompetent, not a very good combination.
      02-13-2024, 08:16 PM   #651
evanseric21
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So, I spoke with the GM, and honestly, he wasn't much better. He tried to convince me that the MY25s were not going into production in April, claiming that the BMWNA press release was merely to excite people into visiting the dealership. He wasn't rude, but he came across as very disingenuous. He did make somewhat of a point regarding the limited supply of V8s, contributing to the scarce and almost nonexistent X6 M60i allocations. He expected this trend to continue into MY25, stating that even if the MY started in April, we wouldn't receive any allocations for the X6 M Comp that soon. He was convinced that if I waited, I wouldn't see the car until September at the earliest. However, he did agree to give me $1k off the MSRP.

All in all, I received $1k off the MSRP, $2.1k in labor and accessories, and my $4k military discount. It wasn't the deal I was hoping for, but I'm honestly not disappointed.

This will probably be my last time dealing with this dealership, though. It's run by Sonic Automotive, and they are known for providing poor service. I had a bad experience with an Audi dealership run by Sonic Automotive and chose a Sewell dealership instead, even though it was much further from my house, because their customer service was top-notch. The GLE I recently bought for my wife was also from a Sewell dealership, and the difference was like night and day.

Final numbers without the military discount: just over 2% off.

Final number with the military discount: just under 4% off.
Appreciate 1
LDT1539.50
      02-13-2024, 08:43 PM   #652
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
So, I spoke with the GM, and honestly, he wasn't much better. He tried to convince me that the MY25s were not going into production in April, claiming that the BMWNA press release was merely to excite people into visiting the dealership. He wasn't rude, but he came across as very disingenuous. He did make somewhat of a point regarding the limited supply of V8s, contributing to the scarce and almost nonexistent X6 M60i allocations. He expected this trend to continue into MY25, stating that even if the MY started in April, we wouldn't receive any allocations for the X6 M Comp that soon. He was convinced that if I waited, I wouldn't see the car until September at the earliest. However, he did agree to give me $1k off the MSRP.

All in all, I received $1k off the MSRP, $2.1k in labor and accessories, and my $4k military discount. It wasn't the deal I was hoping for, but I'm honestly not disappointed.

This will probably be my last time dealing with this dealership, though. It's run by Sonic Automotive, and they are known for providing poor service. I had a bad experience with an Audi dealership run by Sonic Automotive and chose a Sewell dealership instead, even though it was much further from my house, because their customer service was top-notch. The GLE I recently bought for my wife was also from a Sewell dealership, and the difference was like night and day.

Final numbers without the military discount: just over 2% off.

Final number with the military discount: just under 4% off.
Sounds like it may be the culture with that company. At least you got $1k out of him.

I do think he may be correct about he V8 allocations. One of my dealer sources said that V8 allocations will be limited for the foreseeable future.

Anyways, congratulations on your new and I'm sure as soon as you get behind the wheel you will forget all about what you went through. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
      02-13-2024, 10:04 PM   #653
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasers View Post

Absolutely it’s never a done deal until you sign the paperwork. In other words no Car until money exchange his hands people change their minds all the time it’s the principle of the matter the way he talk to you would be a no deal for me. I would not reward bad behavior.
Appreciate 1
Phasers571.50
      02-19-2024, 06:34 PM   #654
x5forme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S 100D

Question Order Placed in 2/2024 will be a MY2024 or MY2025

This would be my First ever BMW, I planned on doing a custom order as I could not find a dealer inventory near my area. I heard that SOP for MY2025 starts in April. If I order now, will I get a MY2024 and does this impact any discounts I could negotiate with my dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 06:39 PM   #655
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5forme View Post
This would be my First ever BMW, I planned on doing a custom order as I could not find a dealer inventory near my area. I heard that SOP for MY2025 starts in April. If I order now, will I get a MY2024 and does this impact any discounts I could negotiate with my dealer?
Welcome to the forum. It depends on what you are ordering and whether or not your dealer has, or can get, a MY24 allocation for it. In general I would say it likely will be tough to get a MY24. I would suggest holding off for a few weeks until the MY25 allocations and pricing guides have been issued so you can be certain what you are ordering. I would guess that many dealers will decrease discounts at the beginning of the MY but they should come back in a few months. Of course that all depends on the dealer, what you are getting and how hard you press them. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
      02-21-2024, 09:27 PM   #656
x5forme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Welcome to the forum. It depends on what you are ordering and whether or not your dealer has, or can get, a MY24 allocation for it. In general I would say it likely will be tough to get a MY24. I would suggest holding off for a few weeks until the MY25 allocations and pricing guides have been issued so you can be certain what you are ordering. I would guess that many dealers will decrease discounts at the beginning of the MY but they should come back in a few months. Of course that all depends on the dealer, what you are getting and how hard you press them. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I am ordering a X5 40i, because I cannot find the color choice and options that I want in the car. Dealer says he has allocations for MY24. I am not bound to time, I can wait a few months. If the dealer is unable to get MY24, will I be able to keep the price the same for MY25? Will there be any adjustments, or will my order be canceled?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 09:58 PM   #657
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5forme View Post
I am ordering a X5 40i, because I cannot find the color choice and options that I want in the car. Dealer says he has allocations for MY24. I am not bound to time, I can wait a few months. If the dealer is unable to get MY24, will I be able to keep the price the same for MY25? Will there be any adjustments, or will my order be canceled?
If he has an allocation for a MY24 then you would get a MY24. If he is just saying he has an allocation but doesn't then it would be up to the dealer as to whether they give you the same pricing on a MY25. Since MY25 pricing won't be available for a few weeks I would think they wouldn't give you a firm deal on a 25 yet.
      02-22-2024, 10:56 AM   #658
hohlraum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Garage List
The best I could get in my area was the military discount and a locked MY24 price for a very likely MY25. It's a loaded 50e (order placed yesterday) on a MY24 allocation but almost certainly going to be a MY25.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 03:32 PM   #659
Janek129
Rep
Drives: x5 g05 lci

First post, so hi everyone! Two weeks ago I made the order on g05 lci. 19% fleet discount. central europe. Production dated on week 15 (8-15 april), so definitely MY25.
Appreciate 1
LDT1539.50