BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-01-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Driver Assistance Temporarily reduces- 2nd time

Any one having this problem again after replaced KAFAS Camera?. Two weeks before they replaced the KAFAS camera for this and now I'm getting again the same error message.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #2
westq1980
Rep
Drives: X5 40I G05

My dealer first replaced the KAFAS camera. The problem with restricting assistance has not disappeared. Then they replaced my windshield. The replacement was due to the fact that it was necessary to reinstall the camera, since the camera mount was on the glass. after a week errors appeared again. I will go to the dealer again
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:25 AM   #3
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by westq1980 View Post
My dealer first replaced the KAFAS camera. The problem with restricting assistance has not disappeared. Then they replaced my windshield. The replacement was due to the fact that it was necessary to reinstall the camera, since the camera mount was on the glass. after a week errors appeared again. I will go to the dealer again
What's your software version?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:32 AM   #4
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by westq1980 View Post
Welcome to the great quality of the new X5 !

Quality control has really let BMW down on this one, the car needed another year or 2 in development to get things right. Software is just one part of the equation, but disappointed BMW has decided to use its customers to iron out all the bugs. The last time I ever buy a new model from BMW, next time I'll wait 2-3 years for others to take the arrows in the back....
Appreciate 0