BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-24-2021, 06:48 AM   #1
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Spotify/connected music....where is the data coming from?

Hey guys,
I finally activated the Spotify app on my 2019. Works great. I realize it's not using my phones data and Bluetooth connection, but where is that data usage coming from? I found one blurb in a blog that said it's "free for 3yrs"?...so since I have a lease does this mean I'm getting free data usage via the built in SIM? Thanks for the clarifications.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
Benztir
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Hey! Yes your lease comes with X years with a number of GB per month of internet directly in the car. Someone else could validate but it's my understanding.
That said, I would give you a heads up that if you use CarPlay to also play your Spotify from, you may encounter some issues where Spotify does not know from which device to continue playing your music once you get back in the car and sometimes will play the embedded Spotify app in iDrive even though you are on CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
Hey guys,
I finally activated the Spotify app on my 2019. Works great. I realize it's not using my phones data and Bluetooth connection, but where is that data usage coming from? I found one blurb in a blog that said it's "free for 3yrs"?...so since I have a lease does this mean I'm getting free data usage via the built in SIM? Thanks for the clarifications.

As long as you have a Connected Package Professional subscription, which is included for 4 years on new BMWs, and a Spotify Premium account you can use Spotify. There is no charge for the data.
Appreciate 0