BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2024, 11:42 AM   #1
flsdpark
flsdpark
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 e50

2024 X5 50e Drivetrain Malfunction

I have a 2024 BMW X5 50e. I live in Orange County, California, and last week I went on a golf trip to Las Vegas with my spouse. The next day, while returning to the hotel after playing golf, the Drivetrain Malfunction message came on and the car started shaking. And the car's drive mode automatically changed to electric. I parked my car on the side of the road, found a nearby BMW dealer, and drove for 15 minutes to get it done at the dealer. The dealer said it would take 3-4 weeks (due to no parts in the USA and parts (dealer did not told me what exact problem is...) had to be delivered from Germany ??) to repair the car, so we rented a car and returned home to California. For reference, my X5 50e is nearly new and only had 900 miles at the time. In fact, I am very disappointed and I am still waiting for the situation and hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible. Please let me know if anyone has the same issue. I don't know what to do except wait.
Save
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 11:57 AM   #2
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsdpark View Post
I have a 2024 BMW X5 50e. I live in Orange County, California, and last week I went on a golf trip to Las Vegas with my spouse. The next day, while returning to the hotel after playing golf, the Drivetrain Malfunction message came on and the car started shaking. And the car's drive mode automatically changed to electric. I parked my car on the side of the road, found a nearby BMW dealer, and drove for 15 minutes to get it done at the dealer. The dealer said it would take 3-4 weeks (due to no parts in the USA and parts (dealer did not told me what exact problem is...) had to be delivered from Germany ??) to repair the car, so we rented a car and returned home to California. For reference, my X5 50e is nearly new and only had 900 miles at the time. In fact, I am very disappointed and I am still waiting for the situation and hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible. Please let me know if anyone has the same issue. I don't know what to do except wait.
Save
Sorry for your troubles. It seems to be an ongoing issue. Someone will link the thread. I am waiting for a '25 50e and hoping they resolved these issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 03:10 AM   #3
whynotbimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Did they let you know what the issue is recently?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 08:21 AM   #4
jpw172
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW X5 50e

I’ve had a similar issue, the message came up overnight, however, when I turned the car off and back on it went away. I got a reminder message about it today, but there were no issues such as shaking. Taking it in to dealer today.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 04:49 AM   #5
PaulaHills
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Replying for the updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 05:43 AM   #6
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMWX5 M60i / Audi S6 V8TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsdpark View Post
Save
Sad situation, sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately it is common on the 50e, dealers take for ever to fix, and sometimes it is a persistent problem. I would rather get a 40i if reliability is important. .
Appreciate 0