BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-29-2019, 09:12 PM   #23
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I had some time to fool around with this and just like you said, it is allowing me to manually go one level lower. Unfortunately it changes back to the normal level when you change from Comfort to Eco Pro or back to Comfort. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Middle is the car's default ride height, and programmed into Comfort and Eco, if you're one level lower in Comfort and you switch to Eco, just have to re-select the lower level, but it'll stay there until you change modes again, so not much of a hassle, I think The system will adjust the ride height to the default program which is middle for comfort and Eco, one lower for sport
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:58 AM   #24
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00ts View Post
Yup, saw that when we had rain here 2 days ago.

This ^^^

The G05 wiper stalk feels like a major regression. In the F15 I always used the auto mode and sometimes at traffic light there wasn't enough rain to hit the windshield so that wiper did not wipe. But when the light turned green, I'd do a single wipe (pull the stalk down) and everything would be fine.

F86 has 3, I don't remember the F15 anymore, but shouldn't they have the same set up?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 11:49 PM   #25
Esotericlifestyle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
The turn signal stalk is more for safety and convenient than being modern. It actually required the least amount of movement and less time to operate comparing to the "OLD/new" (really stupid design)! It also creates less noise, you don't get the turn click and stalk return noises!

Bottom line, BMW had it right with the turn signal stalk and wiper stalk designs, but a lot of people are too Slow, they just don't get how to use the turn signal stalk properly, so BMW had to bring them back
I disagree. I had the old/new stalks in my 5er and x6, hated them. Another indiction of German over engineering. I would want to click the thing all the way down for a turn and a slight turn of the wheel deactivated the action. Thus leaving me in the intersection with no signal. In addition the click was soft and the wheel covered the arrows, so I wouldn’t know it was deactivated. A minor headache I was glad to see go. A easy solution would have Also been to leave the signal arrows in the HUD, which I had coded on the 5er. But that was taken away in the x6 and now my x6 m50i.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 12:21 AM   #26
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M50i View Post
F86 has 3, I don't remember the F15 anymore, but shouldn't they have the same set up?
I have 3 on my current F15 M50d from 2014.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #27
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericlifestyle View Post
I disagree. I had the old/new stalks in my 5er and x6, hated them. Another indiction of German over engineering. I would want to click the thing all the way down for a turn and a slight turn of the wheel deactivated the action. Thus leaving me in the intersection with no signal. In addition the click was soft and the wheel covered the arrows, so I wouldn’t know it was deactivated. A minor headache I was glad to see go. A easy solution would have Also been to leave the signal arrows in the HUD, which I had coded on the 5er. But that was taken away in the x6 and now my x6 m50i.

I failed to see how any of the situations have anything to do with the design, as I mentioned in earlier post, it was programmed to function exactly the same like the traditional design. You would have encountered exactly the same "issues" with both designs. Human error and inability to operate the feature correctly and flawlessly have nothing to do with the single best design on a turn signal stalk. Then again, it is a not a fool proof operation like the traditional design. BMW should have given owners quick lessons on how to use these, you don't expect people to just pick up a pro camera and know how to take advantage of all the features just because they've been using smartphones for similar tasks. And like many things in life: someone things, some people just don't get, and that's OK, I just hate the fact that BMW replaced the correct and most logical design with the old and annoying one
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #28
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I have 3 on my current F15 M50d from 2014.
Thought so
Appreciate 0