BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #111
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
BC Signature .. they have free info sessions regularly. Very informative. Great communication.
Having seen their work and I can vouch for the quality they deliver.
I have most damage on doors from morons passing or opening their doors so I would include the doors also

Supreme Wraps is in the neighboorhood.
I think he was working for BC Signature or it was an affiliate of BC Signature but now he's working on his own as Supreme Wraps.
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50
      11-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #112
jonjo001
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s and G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriankarch44 View Post
I received mine last wednesday. My car delivery never blocked by BMW ...
Evening all. For what it is worth. I took delivery of my 45e I he UK today
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #113
PeterPuitG
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

It isn't worth all that much if you don't give us your opinion

Are you happy with the car or does the briefness of your post imply that you are not?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #114
jonjo001
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPuitG View Post
It isn't worth all that much if you don't give us your opinion

Are you happy with the car or does the briefness of your post imply that you are not?
Hi. I was only really adding to the OP question about numbers of deliveries, plus I had only done about 5 miles back from the dealer :-). I am sending it off to a local detailer on Friday so haven't wanted to do too many miles, with the car all stickers up still. I will post photos early next week when it is back.

However, I can give 5 miles worth of opinion. Bear in mind that I have been driving an i3 and i3S for 4 years and the family car was an Audi RS6, so I can't really give any comparison to those who have older models of X5, or any other SAV/SUV.

- The drive is exceptionally smooth. You have to really strain to hear or feel the transition between ICE and Electric, unless you push on
- Right hand side of the dash, where the revs/power/charging section is, is pretty confusing to start with. Depending on the mode you are in it shows different information (duh!) but there are so many arrows, pointers, markers and numbers it is going to take a bit of time to figure it out
- The car comes with a type2-type2 cable and a domestic-type2 cable which pretty much occupy the small boot lift area. This means that unless you are unlikely to be able to fit in the boot load cover if you take it off. v minor, but a bit annoying
- In order for the car to make best of the anticipation features for optimal battery use, you have to use the built in nav, not CarPlay nav. Also, with CarPlay, things like "hey BMW" and I guess some of the learning features of the voice recognition, are all disabled.
- Charging the battery takes ages. I didn't realise at the point of ordering, but it will only charge from AC at 3KW. The Mercedes will take DC at 50KW and has a bigger battery; it's only saving grace. I can't help but feel BMW has missed a bit of a trick there, but it will all depend on your usage.

Some non-45e related comments perhaps
- Acoustic glazing seems brilliant
- Display Key is not a huge as I expected, but it is a bit of a waste. You can do the same and more with the phone app (like getting a really cool, live 3D picture of what is around the car when parked) and the key does not have a loop on it to hang anything else with it
- I love the fineline black wood with aluminium inserts! I wasn't too sure at ordering, but my eyes couldn't get used to the hexagon aluminium I had in the demo car, I've had piano 'scratchy' black before and didn't like the other wood. Happy with the look so far as it is a matt charcoal sort of look.

Anyway, more impressions later, if anyone is interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 11:21 PM   #115
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjo001 View Post
Hi. I was only really adding to the OP question about numbers of deliveries, plus I had only done about 5 miles back from the dealer :-). I am sending it off to a local detailer on Friday so haven't wanted to do too many miles, with the car all stickers up still. I will post photos early next week when it is back.

However, I can give 5 miles worth of opinion. Bear in mind that I have been driving an i3 and i3S for 4 years and the family car was an Audi RS6, so I can't really give any comparison to those who have older models of X5, or any other SAV/SUV.

- The drive is exceptionally smooth. You have to really strain to hear or feel the transition between ICE and Electric, unless you push on
- Right hand side of the dash, where the revs/power/charging section is, is pretty confusing to start with. Depending on the mode you are in it shows different information (duh!) but there are so many arrows, pointers, markers and numbers it is going to take a bit of time to figure it out
- The car comes with a type2-type2 cable and a domestic-type2 cable which pretty much occupy the small boot lift area. This means that unless you are unlikely to be able to fit in the boot load cover if you take it off. v minor, but a bit annoying
- In order for the car to make best of the anticipation features for optimal battery use, you have to use the built in nav, not CarPlay nav. Also, with CarPlay, things like "hey BMW" and I guess some of the learning features of the voice recognition, are all disabled.
- Charging the battery takes ages. I didn't realise at the point of ordering, but it will only charge from AC at 3KW. The Mercedes will take DC at 50KW and has a bigger battery; it's only saving grace. I can't help but feel BMW has missed a bit of a trick there, but it will all depend on your usage.

Some non-45e related comments perhaps
- Acoustic glazing seems brilliant
- Display Key is not a huge as I expected, but it is a bit of a waste. You can do the same and more with the phone app (like getting a really cool, live 3D picture of what is around the car when parked) and the key does not have a loop on it to hang anything else with it
- I love the fineline black wood with aluminium inserts! I wasn't too sure at ordering, but my eyes couldn't get used to the hexagon aluminium I had in the demo car, I've had piano 'scratchy' black before and didn't like the other wood. Happy with the look so far as it is a matt charcoal sort of look.

Anyway, more impressions later, if anyone is interested.
Thx for sharing, good pointers

BMW figures that this model will mostly be used by persons who will charge the car at night and thus the battery and charging rate are accordingly. I do agree that it would be nicer and better if it could charge faster so we could drive around even more pure electric. I did about 50% electric driving of 2700 km or something that I have now.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #116
Eu001939
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 30d MSport and X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafayz View Post
On 22/10 my Production status for my 45e was 155-assemblage finish.
6/11 u called my dealer and hè informed me it was on 166 (in transit)
How long Would it take from Production finished to get it boarden to the ship? Because i Still hope it was on the Tosca That arrived yesterday in Zeebrugge (i am a belgian customer). I have read some stories that t should take some days But No weeks to get it on the ship. Otherwise it should be on the Olympian Highway wich is currently docked in Bremerhaven With next Port of call Zeebrugge... . And What time does it take to have it offboarded in the Port (to which status Will it be changed then in tracking) i truly hope it Will be delivered still within 2 weeks !
It takes 4-6 weeks between end of production and delivery at your dealer.

The ship itself will take 2-3 weeks depending on the route.

When my X5 got delivered back in 2014 it took 2 months because the car took 3 weeks to get from final assembly line to the boat. Had to wait for the next available slot on a RoRo...

So I would rather expect yours to be here by mid December...Happy Christmas !
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 06:18 AM   #117
jonjo001
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Thx for sharing, good pointers

BMW figures that this model will mostly be used by persons who will charge the car at night and thus the battery and charging rate are accordingly. I do agree that it would be nicer and better if it could charge faster so we could drive around even more pure electric. I did about 50% electric driving of 2700 km or something that I have now.
My i3s can charge at 11Kw and that is tiny, so it can't be a packaging issue. I would have had it as an option to pay for increased charge speed. Cayenne has that as an option, as the the eTron
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #118
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

On the Belgian BMW website I see the the M multifunctional front seats are available now. I have ordered the multifunctional comfort seats but I still can change. The M seats are only available in black and I have chosen Merino Coffee comfort seats.

Are the M seats better than Comfort seats?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #119
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
On the Belgian BMW website I see the the M multifunctional front seats are available now. I have ordered the multifunctional comfort seats but I still can change. The M seats are only available in black and I have chosen Merino Coffee comfort seats.

Are the M seats better than Comfort seats?
I had the same choice. The m seats are less comfortable and the headrest cannot be adjusted. So I choose the comfort seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #120
parkstr8
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 MSport Arctic Grey

I have to wait to trade my 2018 until next year when they get here... ARGH!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:00 AM   #121
swiss-bimmer
Rep
Drives: RRS SC 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
I had the same choice. The m seats are less comfortable and the headrest cannot be adjusted. So I choose the comfort seats.
I was just testing the new M Seats in a X5M the other day. Surely things are up to everyone‘s opinion but I have to say the M Seats were for my taste much better. Firmer yes, slightly tighter in the shoulder area but definitely better than standard comfort seat - again in my opinion. One thing that has caused confusion was the head rest which as in the M5 CAN be adjusted. Just ordered my 45e with the M Seats on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 02:27 AM   #122
ViniLondon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, M4 comp con

Took delivery of my e45 12 days ago - Bit disappointed

I have driven about 300 miles since taking delivery on Saturday 23rd. The car is absolutely fantastic. Extremely comfortable, ride is superb and so much tech that i am still trying to get to grips with it all. However, the pure electric range is a bit disappointing. At full charge it indicates just 36 miles. By the time i arrive at work, having driven very carefully for just 20 - 22 miles (depending on route), it indicates only 7 or 8 miles remaining. This is with taking it really easy on the right foot, very little traffic or congestion as i leave home at 6am. so i am not seeing anything like the 50 mile range..... the car doesn't even indicate this at full charge.
Appreciate 2
      12-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #123
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss-bimmer View Post
I was just testing the new M Seats in a X5M the other day. Surely things are up to everyone‘s opinion but I have to say the M Seats were for my taste much better. Firmer yes, slightly tighter in the shoulder area but definitely better than standard comfort seat - again in my opinion. One thing that has caused confusion was the head rest which as in the M5 CAN be adjusted. Just ordered my 45e with the M Seats on Monday.
The seats won't be the same in my opinion - X5M seats versus X5 M sport pack seats. If you look at configurator of both, you'll see the difference from the top view already.

Comfort seats are better imho.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #124
bluetriangle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViniLondon View Post
I have driven about 300 miles since taking delivery on Saturday 23rd. The car is absolutely fantastic. Extremely comfortable, ride is superb and so much tech that i am still trying to get to grips with it all. However, the pure electric range is a bit disappointing. At full charge it indicates just 36 miles. By the time i arrive at work, having driven very carefully for just 20 - 22 miles (depending on route), it indicates only 7 or 8 miles remaining. This is with taking it really easy on the right foot, very little traffic or congestion as i leave home at 6am. so i am not seeing anything like the 50 mile range..... the car doesn't even indicate this at full charge.
Totally agree. The car itself is so quiet and smooth. Pulling away without making a sound feels strange at first!

But you're right, the range is disappointing. I've never seen it higher than 40 miles after a full charge.

The other thing that is irritating is the maximum electric cruise speed. I'm sure I read that it's supposed to able to cruise at 80mph, but it tops out at 69mph then switches to the ICE. It's then difficult to persuade it to go back onto the electric. Mind you that's in the default hybrid mode, not electric. I haven't gotten around to trying that yet!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #125
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss-bimmer View Post
Ah, that’s not what the dealer told me. But as we all know, they don’t know it all. Mine is already on order with the luxury seating.
Appreciate 0