BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
jcr1962
Rep
Drives: x545e

X545e charging & climatisation

I searched the froum but cant find anything re this , unlike my old 530e the x5 connected drive app seems to default to setting climatization to on, no obviously way to turn it off from app
do people generally leave it on ? does it help the battery or is it just cabin comfort

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr1962 View Post
I searched the froum but cant find anything re this , unlike my old 530e the x5 connected drive app seems to default to setting climatization to on, no obviously way to turn it off from app
do people generally leave it on ? does it help the battery or is it just cabin comfort
No button for stopping that I can see in CD app. The display key can be used to stop preconditioning, and car will stop it on its own after some time. Manual says auto-stop is after 30 mins and does not mention preconditioning batteries, only cabin.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
Artc
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e

Quote:

thanks
Quote:

thanks
You can toggle climatisation on/off with a switch at bottom of screen as per screenshot attached.
Attached Images

03-23-2020, 02:27 PM   #4
jcr1962
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artc View Post
Quote:

thanks
Quote:

thanks
You can toggle climatisation on/off with a switch at bottom of screen as per screenshot attached.
Do you use the climatisation feature ?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #5
Artc
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks
Quote:

thanks
I turned it off as was not leaving the house on a regular schedule. If there is some advantage for the battery, I'll enable it again, but I'm not sure there is.
      03-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #6
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks
Quote:

thanks
I turned it off as was not leaving the house on a regular schedule. If there is some advantage for the battery, I'll enable it again, but I'm not sure there is.
Yes there is. If you are plugged in and use pre heating the car heats or cools and charges the battery again before you leave (partially or completely depending on the type of charger). So you leave with a heated or cooled car and it doesn't need to use battery power to do that. So it makes sense and is also comfortable. I always have it on when I program a departure time. And a program when it is really cold or if I do a longer trip.

You can use preconditioning if you program a least 3 hours before departure. Otherwise it is just pre climatization. Precondition also heats the battery to make it perform better. And heating the battery also needs energy than can be re charged before leaving when plugged in.

If you started direct climatization with the CD app you can turn it off again with the same menu button that turned it on.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #7
jcr1962
Rep

thanks everyone great info
Appreciate 0