BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
MissMyE24
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05

Digital Key NFC Card not recognized

I took delivery of my G05 on Saturday. At the time, the car would not recognize the NFC card when placed on the charging pad (most videos indicate the activation should start up as soon as it recognizes the card). Additionally, the Doors/Access menu contains no options related to the digital key....every video I've seen shows a digital key section in this menu. At the time, no geniuses were available at the dealership based on limited staffing. My SA called yesterday and said he believes it can take a little while after the car is transported for certain features to activate. It's now been three days and nothing.

Is it possible that somehow the digital key feature was omitted from my system? Or perhaps the card is broken. I'd prefer to avoid going back to the dealer with non-essential items and have more people in my car at this time. Any advice from those familiar with this issue would be sincerely appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

You need to reset idrive. Hold in the volume button for 30 seconds or so. It should work after that.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2020, 06:33 PM   #3
MissMyE24
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSMC55 View Post
You need to reset idrive. Hold in the volume button for 30 seconds or so. It should work after that.
Nailed it! Thanks so much for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TSMC55126.50