BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

ParkNow no longer connects since upgrading to 7/2019.49?

Anyone else have trouble with ParkNow (edit: it's actually ParkMobile) and the latest software? Every since I upgraded, ParkNow just returns an error that says it can't connect and to try again later. I've tried over multiple days and multiple reboots. Anyone able to get it to work?

Last edited by Tlon; 10-06-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Fuzzy Master
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

I believe that with the most recent software, 7/2019.53, the ParkNow app has been deleted and replaced with ParkMobile.

Can't find the post at the moment, but I think TurtleBoy posted specifically about that recently.

Edit: See post #8 ParkNow Integration

Last edited by Fuzzy Master; 10-03-2019 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #3
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry. You're correct. It's Parkmobile, not Parknow. Still can't get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X5 M Sport

I can’t get it to work either.

Newest software on all equipment (iphone, iDrive, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #5
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep

https://parkmobile.io/newsroom/parkmobile-bmw-means/
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #6
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am convinced that I use to be able to view ParkMobile via Apple CarPlay. However, now it is ONLY available to view in the Apps section of the iDrive. I think this happened when I connected my vehicle registered in ParkMobile to the BMW ConnectedDrive via the menu system within ParkMobile as I was instructed to do.

Now, ParkMobile will not connect within the iDrive Apps; I get an “Error number 10099” under a message that says “Currently no connection to ParkMobile possible - please try again later.”

I have uninstalled both ParkMobile and BMW ConnectedDrive from my iPhone and then reinstalled them both. No luck.

I uninstalled them again while also resetting (holding down the volume button for an eternity) the iDrive. No luck.

I have tried to “Delete Vehicle” from the ParkMobile app on my iPhone but it requires me to do so via the BMW ConnectedDrive. When I try to do this it takes me to the web site instead of the app. Once at the web site I log in yet I get site error messages at every turn when I try and locate how to remove the vehicle. I will say I am reluctant to remove the vehicle given I think doing so will completely screw up all my vehicle settings, codes, passwords, etc. that are all tied to the vehicle and the ConnectedDrive app.

I have to say that the last time I had to deal with computer quirks, malfunctions, required rebooting, program removal and reinstall, etc. was many years ago (like 15 or 20) when I was running Microsoft Windows. I am beginning to think that BMW has hired a bunch of the Microsoft flunkies from 20 years ago to do their computer programing. It is a disconcerting thought considering how much the computer programs interact with the car for driving, safety, etc. When using assisted driving I am always contemplating how can I rely upon this when BMW can not even get a parking meter app to function properly.

Really disappointing for an $80,000+ vehicle for which BMW wants to charge a yearly fee for CarPlay so that we can enjoy a better user experience. A better user experience would be to disconnect the iDrive and CarPlay.

I have tried to get support from both ParkMobile and BMW Genius but none of them know anything and both point the finger at the other, just like Microsoft use to do when you had a compatibility problem with software of hardware and vice a versa.
Appreciate 1
bandersen586.00
      10-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
Andruhan
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1 View Post
I am convinced that I use to be able to view ParkMobile via Apple CarPlay. However, now it is ONLY available to view in the Apps section of the iDrive. I think this happened when I connected my vehicle registered in ParkMobile to the BMW ConnectedDrive via the menu system within ParkMobile as I was instructed to do.

Now, ParkMobile will not connect within the iDrive Apps; I get an "Error number 10099" under a message that says "Currently no connection to ParkMobile possible - please try again later."

I have uninstalled both ParkMobile and BMW ConnectedDrive from my iPhone and then reinstalled them both. No luck.

I uninstalled them again while also resetting (holding down the volume button for an eternity) the iDrive. No luck.

I have tried to "Delete Vehicle" from the ParkMobile app on my iPhone but it requires me to do so via the BMW ConnectedDrive. When I try to do this it takes me to the web site instead of the app. Once at the web site I log in yet I get site error messages at every turn when I try and locate how to remove the vehicle. I will say I am reluctant to remove the vehicle given I think doing so will completely screw up all my vehicle settings, codes, passwords, etc. that are all tied to the vehicle and the ConnectedDrive app.

I have to say that the last time I had to deal with computer quirks, malfunctions, required rebooting, program removal and reinstall, etc. was many years ago (like 15 or 20) when I was running Microsoft Windows. I am beginning to think that BMW has hired a bunch of the Microsoft flunkies from 20 years ago to do their computer programing. It is a disconcerting thought considering how much the computer programs interact with the car for driving, safety, etc. When using assisted driving I am always contemplating how can I rely upon this when BMW can not even get a parking meter app to function properly.

Really disappointing for an $80,000+ vehicle for which BMW wants to charge a yearly fee for CarPlay so that we can enjoy a better user experience. A better user experience would be to disconnect the iDrive and CarPlay.

I have tried to get support from both ParkMobile and BMW Genius but none of them know anything and both point the finger at the other, just like Microsoft use to do when you had a compatibility problem with software of hardware and vice a versa.
I had an exact same issue. Tried everything. Contacted support with no success. What finally worked is deleting my profile from the idrive and adding it again. ParkMobile now works and I haven't lost any personal settings, everything seems to be in place
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #8
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andruhan View Post
I had an exact same issue. Tried everything. Contacted support with no success. What finally worked is deleting my profile from the idrive and adding it again. ParkMobile now works and I haven't lost any personal settings, everything seems to be in place
I guess it was not the exact same issue. I deleted my profile from the iDrive and as soon as I did it I had a bad feeling as my seat position reset and other things started to go back to the factory settings.

I set up my profile again and connected the BMW ConnectedDrive.

Unfortunately by deleting my profile in the iDrive it wiped out all my personal vehicle settings: seat and steering wheel position; mirror settings; all eight preset buttons on the dash; all the comfort settings (seat heating and cooling, temperature presets, etc.); all the other options that I had set when I took delivery and altered in the past three weeks; all the iDrive screens I customized were reset to factory defaults; all the parking options; voice assistant settings; etc.

I also spent the last hour resetting up my iPhone, CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc. Not just once but 4 different times before I could get the iPhone to function and CarPlay operational.

Tomorrow when I am driving out of town I will figure out what functions I want to re-establish for the eight preset buttons and once again customize the iDrive screens they way I wanted them.

By the way, after all that ParkMobile still does not connect.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1 View Post
I guess it was not the exact same issue. I deleted my profile from the iDrive and as soon as I did it I had a bad feeling as my seat position reset and other things started to go back to the factory settings.

I set up my profile again and connected the BMW ConnectedDrive.

Unfortunately by deleting my profile in the iDrive it wiped out all my personal vehicle settings: seat and steering wheel position; mirror settings; all eight preset buttons on the dash; all the comfort settings (seat heating and cooling, temperature presets, etc.); all the other options that I had set when I took delivery and altered in the past three weeks; all the iDrive screens I customized were reset to factory defaults; all the parking options; voice assistant settings; etc.

I also spent the last hour resetting up my iPhone, CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc. Not just once but 4 different times before I could get the iPhone to function and CarPlay operational.

Tomorrow when I am driving out of town I will figure out what functions I want to re-establish for the eight preset buttons and once again customize the iDrive screens they way I wanted them.

By the way, after all that ParkMobile still does not connect.
This is infuriating. Bummed to hear you did all that and it didn't help. I'd be more annoyed at losing my seat settings than anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:46 AM   #10
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I was updated to .53 software and it did not Parkmobile said it could not connect, updated to 55 yesterday and no better.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #11
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep

A BMW Genius told me today that it is a ParkMobile issue; related to ParkMobile transitioning all the programing and software functionality over to new servers to better function with the BMW apps functionality of iDrive. I’m perplexed, as was he, that this process is taking so long and concur that there must have been other issues that occurred during this transition that have locked up the functionality of the app and keeps it from integrating with BMW ConnectedDrive and the iDrive system
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #12
LAR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAR View Post
A BMW Genius told me today that it is a ParkMobile issue; related to ParkMobile transitioning all the programing and software functionality over to new servers to better function with the BMW apps functionality of iDrive. I’m perplexed, as was he, that this process is taking so long and concur that there must have been other issues that occurred during this transition that have locked up the functionality of the app and keeps it from integrating with BMW ConnectedDrive and the iDrive system
Nearly 3 weeks later and still no resolution. I just had a service appointment and the iDrive software was updated but that did not correct the ParkMobil issues. If it takes 3 weeks to upgrade servers and move programing over, they need new tech people who know what they are doing. I would think it would be easier to just move the ParkMobile function over to the Apple CarPlay side of things instead of the iDrive BMW Apps section. As much of the new BMWs rely upon computer code to function, it is scary to think they can’t even get an app like ParkMobile to function but expect customers to be comfortable letting the vehicle drive itself on the interstate using the same computer system.
Appreciate 2
Tlon173.00
      04-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #13
Stan RUDMAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760ix

Garage List
2023 760i  [0.00]
I have a 2020 750i fully loaded most exciting was being able to use the Park Mobile app.... has the car since December 2019 and to this day still can’t get it to work ... this is insane!! I read all your feedbacks and the same exact thing happened to me .... no one can help ... BMW owns this app.. how can they NOT get it to work!! I had it connected for about 2 minutes and never worked again ...
any new feedbacks??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #14
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan RUDMAN View Post
I have a 2020 750i fully loaded most exciting was being able to use the Park Mobile app.... has the car since December 2019 and to this day still can’t get it to work ... this is insane!! I read all your feedbacks and the same exact thing happened to me .... no one can help ... BMW owns this app.. how can they NOT get it to work!! I had it connected for about 2 minutes and never worked again ...
any new feedbacks??
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm able to get it connected after a lot of reconnecting disconnecting over and over again. Have not to been able to establish a reliable connection to the app. Just stopped trying after awhile.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #15
BMWX7MBE400
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

I got it to work!

I have had issues connecting the Parkmobile app to BMW connected drive and I have been emailing BMW genius, but no input.
I finally was able to connect it by creating a brand new ParkMobile account and adding the X7 to the Parkmobile account by connecting to the BMW connected drive link in the vehicle section.
My old ParkMobile account that already had the vehicle on the list could not connect.
I have been able to link only one ParkMobile account to my driver profile (my BMW connected drive account) but not a second Parkmobile account to my wife profile (with her BMW connected drive account).
Just FYI

2019 BMW X7 xDrive40i
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #16
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I have yet to have the parkmobile app work consistently. I would get it to finally connect, only to have it give me an error code the next time I try to use. I've just given up on this.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #17
BMWX7MBE400
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWX7MBE400 View Post

I have had issues connecting the Parkmobile app to BMW connected drive and I have been emailing BMW genius, but no input.
I finally was able to connect it by creating a brand new ParkMobile account and adding the X7 to the Parkmobile account by connecting to the BMW connected drive link in the vehicle section.
My old ParkMobile account that already had the vehicle on the list could not connect.
I have been able to link only one ParkMobile account to my driver profile (my BMW connected drive account) but not a second Parkmobile account to my wife profile (with her BMW connected drive account).
Just FYI

2019 BMW X7 xDrive40i

After 5 days working, ParkMobile disconnected from BMW connected drive, not working anymore, cannot relink the accounts,
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #18
adamcb
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M5.0, '12 335is Cabrio

I too have had issues. I was able to signup and configure the app when I bought my X5 a month ago, but is not working now.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the 11/2019.70 update that I received over the weekend.

But now I am getting the same error that all of you reference...

Adam
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 03:14 PM   #19
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I needed to use ParkMobile today in Montgomery, AL, but I got an error message. I am running 7/2020.35 so are others finding the same issue even now?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #20
redbullfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 TR X3MC

Garage List
2022 BMW X3MC  [0.00]
Tried it today, doesn't work on my 2021

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #21
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Had to use it this past weekend - just ended up using the app on my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 05:11 PM   #22
MB100
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW G05 X5 xDrive 40i

Hi guys,
Had similar issue the last few days. What resolved it for me, was to call ParkMobile and have them reset the password of the account, verified I was able to login to the app on iPhone (and their website for good measure), then verified that data privacy settings within iDrive was also turned on to allow Connected BMW app connectivity. I just enabled for "All Services" but I think it was the BMW Connected connectivity I had turned off for a while (had my reasons) which also impacted this, on top of an account lockout. Errors from in-car app was 200001 or 20001 I believe.
Appreciate 1
VTENGR1051.00