Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
You can look at it this way;

If the fixes don't work it is getting you closer to lemon law territory.
not necessarily for the state if Texas, but since I didn't purchase the car here I'd have to call my attorney and ask. I'm not going to legal road unless I absolutely have to. I promise it's not something you want to do unless there are extreme circumstances. I'm giving BMW a chance to fix it and going from there.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Tenac4504.50
      06-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #68
TXSchnee
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
You can look at it this way;

If the fixes don't work it is getting you closer to lemon law territory.
not necessarily for the state if Texas, but since I didn't purchase the car here I'd have to call my attorney and ask. I'm not going to legal road unless I absolutely have to. I promise it's not something you want to do unless there are extreme circumstances. I'm giving BMW a chance to fix it and going from there.
I think lemon law is per the state the vehicle is registered in... As an aside, I have had very good luck with BMW of Austin, I realize it is a long drive, but they seem to always go out of their way to help when I have needed it.
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #69
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
I think lemon law is per the state the vehicle is registered in... As an aside, I have had very good luck with BMW of Austin, I realize it is a long drive, but they seem to always go out of their way to help when I have needed it.
From what I know it applies to the state of purchase which for me was Maryland.

I didn't want to take my car where it's at now but BMW NA said that's where they engineer is going (I had 0 say in this) and to be there at X date. I requested to use BMW of Grapevine since they have a good service dept even though I'm not a fan of their sales staff. I'll keep that in mind when I inevitably need to go back.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #70
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
from my case manager. I don't think they are going to do anything which is extremely frustrating and really makes me question the brand. I love my car, this simply really bothers me. They refused to fix things for months, now they're only fixing a few things and giving me the finger.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:17 AM   #71
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

I feel your pain. I've owned 13 BMWs since 1990. Service and reliability has steadily declined. IMO BMW has lost its soul. They are no longer the Ultimate Driving Machine and have made the move to mainstream. I've been through the buyback twice. It's a tough road but is worth it if you have a vehicle that is clearly a dud. I am very glad I am leasing my X5 as I don't see keeping it beyond 3 years. I hope you can resolve your issues but it doesn't sound promising.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #72
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

So I take it if you have a vehicle such as this that develops all these problems and you have done things like PPF and ceramic coatings that if it’s ultimately bought back you eat the $2k+ you’ve sunk into these things?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #73
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
So I take it if you have a vehicle such as this that develops all these problems and you have done things like PPF and ceramic coatings that if it’s ultimately bought back you eat the $2k+ you’ve sunk into these things?
try $5k and I have no idea
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #74
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I will be interested in a follow-up after repairs are done and see if your opinion might change?
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #75
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
So yours has all that on it? Wow, I hope they give you something for it in any potential buy back!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #76
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
We had an early 2012 550xi that had the Drivetrain Malfunction issue, and BMW eventually agreed to buy it back. I had put 3M ClearBra on the car, and they refunded that back to me in addition to what we had paid for the car. Hopefully, they would do the same today.
      06-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #77
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Out of these 20+ items on your service order, which ones were considered non warrantied?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #78
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
from my case manager. I don't think they are going to do anything which is extremely frustrating and really makes me question the brand. I love my car, this simply really bothers me. They refused to fix things for months, now they're only fixing a few things and giving me the finger.
What aren’t they fixing? What constitutes as a non-warrantable item?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #79
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
Out of these 20+ items on your service order, which ones were considered non warrantied?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
What aren't they fixing? What constitutes as a non-warrantable item?

I called the dealership and they're fixing 4 things and that's it:

1. Antenna module
2: Front door cards
3: Center console arm rest
4: Trunk strut motor

they're also giving me the lug nut wrench my car never came with in the spare tire kit.

I told them I'm not picking it up until the items are all addressed and I will contact BMW NA (case manager is out until Monday) about this.

They're not fixing the following:

1: KAFAS camera
2: Comfort access module
3: key module causing random key not detected errors
4: windshield delamination
5:discoloration around doors on the plastic by the scuff plate (been there since delivery I thought it was dirty but it's not)
6: leather dash defect
7: leather on rear seat defect
8: 360 camera alignment
9: door speaker rattle (this one really bothers me since I have the Bowers and Wilkins $3400 sound system)
10: HVAC whistling noise at speed
11: rattle from overhead lights in the front
12: PDC auto detect not working
13: all of the ittle stuff mentioned in my posts above
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #80
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep

Wow I am shocked that they are not taking care of 1 - 4 without any sort of push back.... That is nutz... Even number 8 should also be a no brainier. My only question is are they saying software update will resolve the 1 -4?
2015 M235 Manual
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #81
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

AndroidRobot - Man, this is shocking. You've been such an ambassador to the brand, and the G05 specifically, that this is not only disappointing, but almost feels like betrayal on BMWs part.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #82
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

I would need a detailed explanation from the case manager on each item they are not fixing. Then have them explain how it falls out of the warranty. What is their “In spec standards”?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:22 AM   #83
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Its the dealership. They see you as the pain in the ass. And they convey that message loud and clear to bmw na, who listens to them

So bmw takes the minimum approach and only fixing the modules that are measurable and phisically non operational.

You need to find another dealership and have a good report with them, you still might end up paying for some minor stuff but they will take care of you.

I used to do that with e39 m5. Some dealerships refused to work on brakes and the other did it no questions asked
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #84
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Its the dealership. They see you as the pain in the ass. And they convey that message loud and clear to bmw na, who listens to them

So bmw takes the minimum approach and only fixing the modules that are measurable and phisically non operational.

You need to find another dealership and have a good report with them, you still might end up paying for some minor stuff but they will take care of you.

I used to do that with e39 m5. Some dealerships refused to work on brakes and the other did it no questions asked
That is my take as well. The dealership is making this personal. I tend to have the dealership’s owner meet and know me when I purchase there. I make sure they know my expectations and make sure he feels they can be met. I have only ever had to call a owner(non BMW) one time and I can tell you that problem was fixed and left with the attitude the service dept couldn’t do enough for me.

Last edited by MystroX5; 06-14-2019 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5888.50
      06-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #85
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow I am shocked that they are not taking care of 1 - 4 without any sort of push back.... That is nutz... Even number 8 should also be a no brainier. My only question is are they saying software update will resolve the 1 -4?
I'm going to call my case manager Monday when she's back and request an explanation. I already told the dealer I'm not picking the car up when it's "done" until the safety concerns are addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
AndroidRobot - Man, this is shocking. You've been such an ambassador to the brand, and the G05 specifically, that this is not only disappointing, but almost feels like betrayal on BMWs part.
I've been very polite this whole time which is what I don't get. I can be a real a**hole but chose not to because that never solves anything.

Quote:
I would need a detailed explanation from the case manager on each item they are not fixing. Then have them explain how it falls out of the warranty. What is their “In spec standards”?
My thoughts exactly, they claim it's all going to work with a software update which I called BS on when the engineer said that during our test drive. I said you can fix some things with software but you will always have more or new bugs with each update. These are hardware issues too not software ones when I asked him how that will fix hardware he didn't give me an answer.

Quote:
That is my take as well. The dealership is making this personal. I tend to have the dealership’s owner meet and know me when I purchase there. I make sure they know my expectations and make sure he feels they can be met. I have only ever had to call a owner(non BMW) one time and I can tell you that problem was fixed and left with the attitude the service dept couldn’t do enough for me.
I wanted to go elsewhere but the case manager told me this is where the engineer is going so I have to go there. I expressed my disdain yet wasn't given another option. If I drive 700 miles round trip to the next closest dealer I'm putting more wear and tear on my car which is unreasonable for a warranty repair. I am going to push them again on this. I told the case manager I made everything public on here because owners need to know how BMW is handling a big set of issues. She didn't care and said BMW never makes changes based on people's opinions (umm what? they believe their engineer's opinion over mine despite being equally qualified as an engineer myself to say otherwise. Yes, I'm not an expert in cars but I know enough to say when something's wrong on that front). I don't hate BMW, but this is getting out of hand when I am giving them chances to address things correctly.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #86
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
I'm going to call my case manager Monday when she's back and request an explanation. I already told the dealer I'm not picking the car up when it's "done" until the safety concerns are addressed

I wanted to go elsewhere but the case manager told me this is where the engineer is going so I have to go there. I expressed my disdain yet wasn't given another option. If I drive 700 miles round trip to the next closest dealer I'm putting more wear and tear on my car which is unreasonable for a warranty repair. I am going to push them again on this. I told the case manager I made everything public on here because owners need to know how BMW is handling a big set of issues. She didn't care and said BMW never makes changes based on people's opinions (umm what? they believe their engineer's opinion over mine despite being equally qualified as an engineer myself to say otherwise. Yes, I'm not an expert in cars but I know enough to say when something's wrong on that front). I don't hate BMW, but this is getting out of hand when I am giving them chances to address things correctly.

I came to this forum from the G01 X3 forum where I learned about a drive train vibe issue that still to this writing has gone unresolved. I know of at least two who have invoked the lemon law and BMW is in fact buying their cars back.. ..https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485010. So I decided against buying the G01 X3 and came here to see if the G05 was to be in my future.

Many of the issues I read about are comms and software but your issues involve hardware and a stubborn BMW NA so until I see that BMW has addressed your issues, I will continue to hold off from buying a new X5. I know others who have posted feel the same way. If it happened to you, it can happen to me. I don't need a new car, I just wanted to renew what I have but will wait. I for one really appreciate your transparency here.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #87
TXSchnee
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:

I came to this forum from the G01 X3 forum where I learned about a drive train vibe issue that still to this writing has gone unresolved. I know of at least two who have invoked the lemon law and BMW is in fact buying their cars back.. ..https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485010. So I decided against buying the G01 X3 and came here to see if the G05 was to be in my future.

Many of the issues I read about are comms and software but your issues involve hardware and a stubborn BMW NA so until I see that BMW has addressed your issues, I will continue to hold off from buying a new X5. I know others who have posted feel the same way. If it happened to you, it can happen to me. I don't need a new car, I just wanted to renew what I have but will wait. I for one really appreciate your transparency here.
I am keeping an eye on the G05 boards prior to ordering too, not super impressed with what I am seeing. Have had only minor issues with my other BMW's (including a G01 M40i), they need to get their products closer to ready before rushing production. Planning on ordering later this year, or early next year, and right now the Cayenne is probably what I will end up with, but will monitor the forums and see if quality issues start improving.
2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i (sold)
2015 BMW X3 xDrive28i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #88
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep

I would keep in mind most forums, people tend to post when they have issues.... I wouldn't rely on them for enough information to decide to buy or not, heck if I did that I wouldn't own anything.
2015 M235 Manual
Appreciate 2
TXSchnee1280.00