BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #111
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Here is an email that I got today. Further down it also says that I can upgrade remotely at no charge and I should do that or make an apt with the SA ASAP at a dealership to get this upgrade at no cost.

The funny part though is that there is no upgrade in the car or on my connected drive app so the remote software update is out of the window for now. Stupid BMW marketing gimmicks.

I'll call my service advisor and see what he says about this free upgrade. Whether i upgrade or not is a different story considering the other horror problems that others have talked about after upgrading to 07/2019.39 or whatever it is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #112
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Here is an email that I got today. Further down it also says that I can upgrade remotely at no charge and I should do that or make an apt with the SA ASAP at a dealership to get this upgrade at no cost.
Yours would be the only email that said that so far that we have seen. The rest of ours mentioned that in the future there will be OTA updates. Can you please post that part of your email?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #113
Bolt1949
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Garage List
2024 BMW 40i  [0.00]
BMW Email re:Software Update

Here's the full text of today's email (9/13/19). USA.

SCHEDULE YOUR SOFTWARE UPDATE TODAY.

It’s time to update your BMW’s iDrive system. Our records indicate that your 2019 BMW X5 is eligible for a no-cost software update.

New updates include the new voice-activated BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which will allow you to ask your BMW a question or give it a command, as well as activate Customizable Experience Modes that can adjust the ambient lighting, seat heating and sunroof shades.

This software update will also make your drive more enjoyable by:

 Improving the stability of Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay connectivity
 Enhancing your navigation experience with YELP ratings, business opening hours and phone numbers, and integrating premium fuel prices directly in the search results
 Introducing ParkMobile in-vehicle app which allows you to find, reserve and pay for parking at thousands of locations across the country right from the center display unit of your vehicle

There's much more. Don't delay. Schedule your update with your BMW Center today.

Your vehicle is equipped with Remote Software Upgrade capabilities. Future updates can be delivered over-the-air, direct to your vehicle.

It appears that the vehicle must have this upgrade at the dealership, and then going forward can be OTA.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #114
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayareaX3m40i View Post
Here's the full text of today's email (9/13/19). USA.

Your vehicle is equipped with Remote Software Upgrade capabilities. Future updates can be delivered over-the-air, direct to your vehicle.

It appears that the vehicle must have this upgrade at the dealership, and then going forward can be OTA.
That line means that after you get this update then future ones can be OTA.
Appreciate 0