United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Ok,does anyone have real life photos of M multifuncional seats...driving expirience with M multifuncional seats from X5/X6 will be appreciate too.
Thank you,
Deda
To my knowledge, there haven't been any deliveries yet. I've driven in the M5 verison which is extremely close in size and comfort. They're great seats but it depends on your size. I'm 5'8" 145lbs to give you an idea
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:51 AM   #68
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Ok,does anyone have real life photos of M multifuncional seats...driving expirience with M multifuncional seats from X5/X6 will be appreciate too.
Thank you,
Deda
To my knowledge, there haven't been any deliveries yet. I've driven in the M5 verison which is extremely close in size and comfort. They're great seats but it depends on your size. I'm 5'8" 145lbs to give you an idea
I have comfort seats in my X5 G05..and they just dont fit me..too soft..i have zero support in corners,on the other hand in my M5 F90 seat i feel perfect driving position,so this the reason why i am so interested in those M seats.😊
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:39 AM   #69
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Thank you,
Deda
I have comfort seats in my X5 G05..and they just dont fit me..too soft..i have zero support in corners,on the other hand in my M5 F90 seat i feel perfect driving position,so this the reason why i am so interested in those M seats.
I have the comfort seats too and agree but the 50i I drive is a grand tourer with some power behind it. If I had the option for the new seats, I'd get them no question.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 04:22 AM   #70
swiss-bimmer
Rep
Drives: RRS SC 5.0

Quote:
Thank you,
Deda
I was on a test drive at the Experience Center in Switzerland last week. While they didn't have a "standard" X5 with the M multifunction seats yet, I was however able to test these seats in the X5 M.

1. the seat is extremely comfortable in my opinion. Subjectively a bit harder than the comfort seat - but that's exactly what I was looking for. The seat is definitely narrower around the shoulder area - if someone has rather wide shoulders, this could be annoying...

2. the seat is bulkier - so the rear passengers have a rather limited view to the front (compared to the comfort seat). But not too dramatic.

3 For me the most important thing: the seat can be adjusted massively further down. Despite all the compliments for the comfort seat, this was always a slight deficiency to me that it could not be adjusted to a low enough position (I am 1.93m (6 foot 2) tall and like to sit quite low in the vehicle). This was already a problem with the comfort seats in my previous X5 F15. The M multifunction seat seems to be much better here!

4 at least in Switzerland the seat can now be configured with extended Merino leather equipment

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures - in my opinion the seat position and then the fact that I can now get the seats in Merino leather was the deciding factor. Hence I ordered them last week in my X5 e45. Delivery unfortunately only in March 2020 - therefore still a little patience needed for pictures ;-)
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      12-09-2019, 05:54 AM   #71
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss-bimmer View Post
Quote:
Thank you,
Deda
I was on a test drive at the Experience Center in Switzerland last week. While they didn't have a "standard" X5 with the M multifunction seats yet, I was however able to test these seats in the X5 M.

1. the seat is extremely comfortable in my opinion. Subjectively a bit harder than the comfort seat - but that's exactly what I was looking for. The seat is definitely narrower around the shoulder area - if someone has rather wide shoulders, this could be annoying...

2. the seat is bulkier - so the rear passengers have a rather limited view to the front (compared to the comfort seat). But not too dramatic.

3 For me the most important thing: the seat can be adjusted massively further down. Despite all the compliments for the comfort seat, this was always a slight deficiency to me that it could not be adjusted to a low enough position (I am 1.93m (6 foot 2) tall and like to sit quite low in the vehicle). This was already a problem with the comfort seats in my previous X5 F15. The M multifunction seat seems to be much better here!

4 at least in Switzerland the seat can now be configured with extended Merino leather equipment

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures - in my opinion the seat position and then the fact that I can now get the seats in Merino leather was the deciding factor. Hence I ordered them last week in my X5 e45. Delivery unfortunately only in March 2020 - therefore still a little patience needed for pictures ;-)
Thank you very much!

🤗
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #72
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

So the question is - do I wait for MY2021 now, instead of pulling the trigger on a December deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #73
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
So the question is - do I wait for MY2021 now, instead of pulling the trigger on a December deal.
100% your call. If I had to do it over again I'd get the M Comfort seats but they weren't offered when I got mine. Now, with that being said, I absolutely love to X5 as is
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #74
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
I asked myself the same questions but realized there will always be updates you'll want to wait for and end up never pulling the trigger. When you get the MY2021 you'll then wonder if you should wait for the LCI, so on and so forth.

End of the day it's for you to decide what means more, and for me now was the sweet spot of getting a car that's still a new model (but not first year model) with enough time before the LCI for me to enjoy, so I ended up placing an order for my car now. Granted I didn't get the M50i, just the lowly 40i so the sport seats would just look weird on the non-performance model
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #75
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I think it's important to distinguish the difference between "options available MY2021" and "options not available until at least MY 2021".

When this press release dropped a lot of people in the US got excited about the seats and DHP on the 40i. Someone said that their CA told them that they will not be available until MY2021 at the earliest.

I read that to be they will not be available for MY2020 and MAY BE available for MY2021. I haven't seen anything confirming any of those options will be available for MY2021.

With all that being said, you run the risk of falling into a continuous do loop - you wait until April to see the MY2021 options just to see that they are not offering it for 2021, but then rumors swirl that maybe for 2022. They you never buy holding out for that one option.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #76
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Thanks for the info, swiss-bimmer

Now that December is almost over, has anyone actually seen these new features on an X5 or X7 yet? US spec or overseas?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #77
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2024, Mustang MACH 1

In early November, I ordered the M multifunction seats on my X6 M50d, it was built on 12 December and delivery to Vienna AT is expected end of January.

The seats come with ventilation, meaning it's mandatory to select the option, and I also opted for the front heating package and the massage function (not mandatory). I also took the extended merino leather, black. Aparently the M logo in the head rest will be illuminated.

I can share more once I get the car, but there are some videos of the seats online already, they are the same as in the full M X5/6 cars.
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      12-26-2019, 03:42 AM   #78
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss-bimmer View Post

The seating position is determined by the nature of the car, not the seats themselves. As a luxury SUV, BMW tries to give you a commanding position much like in a Range Rover, you fee like you are sitting on the car instead of in, that's the case for both X5 and X7; however, if you try the same seats in a X6, you'll find they go quite a bit lower. I can get the same low position in a G06 X6 like in my F86 X6 M.

I understand you only tried them in a X5 M, the bad news is: I think when you get the car you'll realize the seating positions are the same. I hope I'm wrong so you can get that perfect position for yourself, but unlikely. So please do update us, I'd love to find out the answer! Thanks

And aesthetically, these seats don't work with normal X5 and X6, they are too aggressive and bulky for the intended look and feel of a Luxury SUV. They either feel like a car with split personality or an aftermarket add on. On the X5 M and X6 M, now that's a cohesive design and works perfectly!

p.s. not able to get bi-colour option is a big no no
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:49 AM   #79
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscross View Post
In early November, I ordered the M multifunction seats on my X6 M50d, it was built on 12 December and delivery to Vienna AT is expected end of January.

The seats come with ventilation, meaning it's mandatory to select the option, and I also opted for the front heating package and the massage function (not mandatory). I also took the extended merino leather, black. Aparently the M logo in the head rest will be illuminated.

I can share more once I get the car, but there are some videos of the seats online already, they are the same as in the full M X5/6 cars.

Have you confirmed there will be any logo in the head rest like in a M car? I'm pretty sure it's just a black cutout
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #80
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

It says there's an M logo on the head rest in the Austrian X6 online configurator. I think I saw somewhere it was also illuminated, but need to double check in my order papers...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #81
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It says there's an M logo on the head rest in the Austrian X6 online configurator. I think I saw somewhere it was also illuminated, but need to double check in my order papers...

It says there is a M logo but doesn't say the logo will be illuminated, and you probably saw the M seats in a M car with light up logos. And if you look at the picture, however, it's just a black cut out space where the M cars would have their light up logos. Similar mistake has been made regarding the luggage compartment package on the G06 X6, it doesn't have the electronically adjustable roller cover, which the picture is correct, but the description says the package includes that feature, which has been confirmed by their training material: it doesn't have it. I've contacted BMW and their reply was, they are aware of this, but can't make any changes at this time and sorry for any confusion. BS

At least for now, BMW is still trying to make M car owners feel special about their purchases
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 01:05 AM   #82
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

What you wrote makes total sense and I wouldn't be surprised if the logo in the head rest would be made of black plastic. I was still pleasently surprised to see that they offered M seats in a regular X6 car, with the M logo or without.

I'll be getting the car in a month or so and all these small mysteries will be solved
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      12-28-2019, 03:32 AM   #83
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What you wrote makes total sense and I wouldn't be surprised if the logo in the head rest would be made of black plastic. I was still pleasently surprised to see that they offered M seats in a regular X6 car, with the M logo or without.

I'll be getting the car in a month or so and all these small mysteries will be solved

Regardless, if they are anything like the ones in the M5, then you should enjoy them a lot

But do update this thread once you get your car, I'd love to know, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #84
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

On German configurator site on X6 M50d it says that X6 M logo on headrest is illuminated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 07:20 AM   #85
chriscross
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Unfortunatelly it does not light up...maybe the text was referring to the X6M. Here's how the X6 M50d head rest M logo looks like in person:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Cooltones241.00
      02-01-2020, 09:07 AM   #86
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep

I checked Austrian and German configurator.And on Austrian one it says that Logo DOESNT lit up but on German one it says that it DOES lit up
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #87
SaunaBoi
Private
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaGagro View Post
I checked Austrian and German configurator.And on Austrian one it says that Logo DOESNT lit up but on German one it says that it DOES lit up
NVM.They changed configurator and it DOESNT say that is lits up now.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 04:25 AM   #88
X6M50i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunatelly it does not light up...maybe the text was referring to the X6M. Here's how the X6 M50d head rest M logo looks like in person:

Ah that's good, better than a piece of black plastic. But it's weird seeing a M logo without the M colour.
Appreciate 0