456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Can anyone with 07/2019.55 do me a favour and login to the CD website and copy/paste the release notes. I have .53 and suspect the rapid release of .55 was to address a ACC issue but I would like confirmation before I have to spend yet another day at the dealer having the update installed.
How to navigate to it on CD? Happy to post but don't know where to find
Here is the webpage I use.

https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca/ap...oftwareUpgrade

Click on "Remote Software Upgrade" and scroll to the bottom and expand "release notes".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #24
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

I don't think that information is specific to the point releases. I suspect we see the same "release notes":

=========================

Summary
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe place before installation
BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant* (new function)
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function (enhancements)
Parking Assistant (enhancements)
Validity of the Remote Software Upgrade and release notes
Function updates and quality enhancements
Information about previous versions
Updating the on-board owner's manual in the vehicle
Special information about this upgrade
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe area place before installation.
The vehicle will be unusable for approx. 20 minutes during installation of the Remote Software Upgrade. Make sure the vehicle is parked in a safe place, in compliance with road safety regulations. It will NOT be drivable during the upgrade.

BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant (New Function)
The BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant is your on-board personal assistant. Start by activating the assistant with the command “Hey BMW.” You can also name it yourself by simply saying “Hey BMW, change the activation word.”

This on-board BMW expert can explain the many functions of your car, knows the status of your vehicle, and can adjust numerous settings. Try “Hey BMW, I’m cold.”

With Connected Command, other passengers in the vehicle can control entertainment, navigation, and climate functions using the BMW Connected app from their mobile phone (with your authorization).
Please note that you only have full access to all the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant functions after the first journey.

*BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant currently only supports English language for launch of this feature.
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function (enhancement)
This cruise system enables you to keep a proper distance from the vehicle in front by constantly monitoring and adapting to its speed. These enhancements allow for more dynamic acceleration of your vehicle after stopping.

Lane Departure Warning with Steering intervention (enhancements)
This function prevents unintentional lane departure by providing steering intervention. This improved version provides a higher level of comfort.

Thanks to this functional enhancement, parking in spaces in parallel and perpendicular to the road will become easier, as will leaving parking spaces in parallel to the road.

You will only be able to use the new functions and enhancements provided by this upgrade if your vehicle is equipped with the appropriate features. You can obtain information regarding the options of your particular vehicle by consulting the on-board owner`s manual in iDrive or by contacting your BMW Service Retailer or the BMW Canada Customer Interaction Centre.

Functional updates and improved quality
This Remote Software Upgrade updates existing functions to meet the latest state-of-the-art technological standards and includes quality enhancements.

You can read information about all the previous versions of the Remote Software Upgrade in the ConnectedDrive customer portal.

Updating the on-board owner`s manual in the vehicle
With this Remote Software Upgrade, the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle are updated to include up-to-date information.

In some cases, you may need to re-activate Apple CarPlay. The checkbox can be found under “Mobile Devices” in the “Settings” submenu.
Some settings may be reset to default after the upgrade (for example, interior lighting) and may need to be re-activated.
Remote Engine Start could be deactivated after the update. Please activate Remote Engine Start after the installation. The function is located under "Climate Functions" in the "Settings" submenu.
Appreciate 2
      10-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #25
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
I don't think that information is specific to the point releases. I suspect we see the same "release notes":

=========================

Summary
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe place before installation
BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant* (new function)
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function (enhancements)
Function updates and quality enhancements
Updating the on-board owner's manual in the vehicle
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Park the vehicle in a safe area place before installation.
The vehicle will be unusable for approx. 20 minutes during installation of the Remote Software Upgrade. Make sure the vehicle is parked in a safe place, in compliance with road safety regulations. It will NOT be drivable during the upgrade.

BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant (New Function)
The BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant is your on-board personal assistant. Start by activating the assistant with the command "Hey BMW." You can also name it yourself by simply saying "Hey BMW, change the activation word."

This on-board BMW expert can explain the many functions of your car, knows the status of your vehicle, and can adjust numerous settings. Try "Hey BMW, I'm cold."

With Connected Command, other passengers in the vehicle can control entertainment, navigation, and climate functions using the BMW Connected app from their mobile phone (with your authorization).
Please note that you only have full access to all the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant functions after the first journey.

*BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant currently only supports English language for launch of this feature.
Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function (enhancement)
This cruise system enables you to keep a proper distance from the vehicle in front by constantly monitoring and adapting to its speed. These enhancements allow for more dynamic acceleration of your vehicle after stopping.

Lane Departure Warning with Steering intervention (enhancements)
This function prevents unintentional lane departure by providing steering intervention. This improved version provides a higher level of comfort.

Thanks to this functional enhancement, parking in spaces in parallel and perpendicular to the road will become easier, as will leaving parking spaces in parallel to the road.

You will only be able to use the new functions and enhancements provided by this upgrade if your vehicle is equipped with the appropriate features. You can obtain information regarding the options of your particular vehicle by consulting the on-board owner`s manual in iDrive or by contacting your BMW Service Retailer or the BMW Canada Customer Interaction Centre.

Functional updates and improved quality
This Remote Software Upgrade updates existing functions to meet the latest state-of-the-art technological standards and includes quality enhancements.

You can read information about all the previous versions of the Remote Software Upgrade in the ConnectedDrive customer portal.

Updating the on-board owner`s manual in the vehicle
With this Remote Software Upgrade, the on-board operating instructions in the vehicle are updated to include up-to-date information.

In some cases, you may need to re-activate Apple CarPlay. The checkbox can be found under "Mobile Devices" in the "Settings" submenu.
Some settings may be reset to default after the upgrade (for example, interior lighting) and may need to be re-activated.
Remote Engine Start could be deactivated after the update. Please activate Remote Engine Start after the installation. The function is located under "Climate Functions" in the "Settings" submenu.
Thanks for checking.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #26
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Can anyone with 07/2019.55 do me a favour and login to the CD website and copy/paste the release notes. I have .53 and suspect the rapid release of .55 was to address a ACC issue but I would like confirmation before I have to spend yet another day at the dealer having the update installed.
Just checked the website and the only release notes I see are for 19-03. Nothing yet for the July release.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I think the release notes are specific to the I-step the car was delivered with.

Perhaps someone with a native 1907 my2020 could check?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #28
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDragu View Post
the cars see 2 cars in front, because my cc start the engine wen 2 or 3 cars in front ar starting to move
I've noticed that too. Put it down to a coincidence but I'm going to monitor it more carefully now.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #29
payamf1
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken6096 View Post
Just updated it on monday from dealer

What changes that I have seen are:

The map on instrumental screen have the color distinguish between land and water. ( the water you will see in blue)

Voice control you will see the rainbow color line blinking instead of old version only white.

Connectivity with apple car play and iPhone no problem at all! So smooth and stable ( not sure if it because I change to iPhone 11 pro max lol )

Hp and torque power guage increase you can see now torque is up to 580 and hp is 500 something ( this might have seen since previous version but I just got it updated)

So far I am so happy the oil changes make me feel like my car come back brandnew again!
Do you see Spotify on the iDrive as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #30
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
I did this immediately after I got updated to .55 last Monday but CD still showed release notes for my old version (03/2019.35).
      10-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #31
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I think the release notes are specific to the I-step the car was delivered with.

Perhaps someone with a native 1907 my2020 could check?
Mine came with 07.40 and release notes are for 2019-03 on the connected drive site.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:02 PM   #32
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

The absence of consolidated release notes from a company that may include safety fixes is quite suspicious. A $1 or free app can manage to post release history but not BMW who's 'app' is quite mission critical
      10-10-2019, 12:56 AM   #33
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Mine came with 07.40 and release notes are for 2019-03 on the connected drive site.
Thanks. Guess it's just BMW being slack then
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #34
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by payamf1 View Post
Do you see Spotify on the iDrive as well?
my 07/2019.59 does not show spotify on the screen
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 09:35 AM   #35
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Are these updates OTA or dealer installed? Has anyone got OTA updates at all globally and anyone specifically in the UK
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 09:39 AM   #36
Kolegata
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Mine is OTA - Bulgaria, version 55, here update is possible only OTA. Check your vin on bmw.com/update
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolegata View Post
Mine is OTA - Bulgaria, version 55, here update is possible only OTA. Check your vin on bmw.com/update
Hmmm...it says it will be updated automatically but not updates have ever been pushed to me. Anyone in the UK ever got updates OTA?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:16 AM   #38
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

After updating I noticed the car doesn't "come alive" like it used to when approaching the car. "unlock when approaching" was and is unselected, but the car turned on lights etc before the update when approaching. Can't find any place to change settings form this. any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #39
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
After updating I noticed the car doesn't "come alive" like it used to when approaching the car. "unlock when approaching" was and is unselected, but the car turned on lights etc before the update when approaching. Can't find any place to change settings form this. any suggestions?
Sounds like you welcome lights may be turned off.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #40
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

does anyone else have the 07/2019.59 update?
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #41
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Sounds like you welcome lights may be turned off.
That's all selected, and functioning when I unlock the car by touching the handle. Before the update the welcome lights would come on approaching the car without unlocking the car
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #42
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
Hmmm...it says it will be updated automatically but not updates have ever been pushed to me. Anyone in the UK ever got updates OTA?
There is a Stop request being sent to my car and I expect everyones cars. Looks like the default behaviour is to receive updates but they aren't ready yet.

Be careful what you wish for - no matter how long it takes them to implement, I'll be surprised if the first batch of updates go well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #43
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
does anyone else have the 07/2019.59 update?
Start a new thread since this is 'new' and see if a pattern emerges and if reports are positive or negative.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #44
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
There is a Stop request being sent to my car and I expect everyones cars. Looks like the default behaviour is to receive updates but they aren't ready yet.

Be careful what you wish for - no matter how long it takes them to implement, I'll be surprised if the first batch of updates go well.
Where is that message displayed?
Appreciate 0