05-26-2018, 10:04 AM   #67
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Proud to be an American because of a flyby. WOW.
One of many reasons.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410230.00
minn196908.50

05-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #68
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

The only people complaining are the usual suspects...the media and athletes.

Fact is that at work you have to shut up and follow employer policy, this is the case in every professional workplace. The NFL let players do as they pleased until they realized it was hitting them in the pocket books. Employers have every right to dictate their policies.

Anybody with a rational mind would understand that there's a better way to communicate your message. This is akin to BLM protestors blocking highways. To win people over you have to get people on your side, not insult them to their face.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410230.00

05-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #69
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
The NFL fears two things and it's what has driven this redicolus policy:

1) Lost revenue. The NFL is sinking.

2) They fear Trump's wrath.
How is it a ridiculous policy if it's intention is to stop lost revenue? That's what every business does, finds ways to maximize revenue and profit. This clearly hurt their brand and once they realized it they had to act on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #70
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I attended my first NASCAR race last year. The event was at the Texas Motor Speedway near Ft. Worth. Just before the races started there was a military jet formation fly by. It was loud and beautiful. It made me proud to be an American.

As with all of our military personnel, those pilots must continually train to stay proficient. So, call it a training mission. Call it a momentary diversion from a training mission. Call it a dedicated fly-by. All the same. Money well spent.
I haven't been to an event a the fly by but I always appreciate the anthem. It lets everybody in the stands, no matter what background they come from or what team they support, unite for just a couple minutes and remember the bigger picture. It is just common decency to stand as most Americans know somebody connected to the military.

My dad is an engineer for the defense division of an aeronautical firm. There are military jets and Navy planes right outside his office window. Very cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #71
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I haven't been to an event a the fly by but I always appreciate the anthem. It lets everybody in the stands, no matter what background they come from or what team they support, unite for just a couple minutes and remember the bigger picture. It is just common decency to stand as most Americans know somebody connected to the military.

My dad is an engineer for the defense division of an aeronautical firm. There are military jets and Navy planes right outside his office window. Very cool.
Yes, our National Anthem was played and Old Glory was displayed on that humongous flat screen across the track.

From what I could see everyone stood and hats were removed. Some saluted and most others placed their hand over their heart. I witnessed no disrespect. The jet formation (F/A-18's, I think) flew over at the end of the Anthem. It was perfectly timed. All very touching, to say the least.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410230.00

05-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #72
OlBloo
Where to next........
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Quote:
How is it a ridiculous policy if it's intention is to stop lost revenue? That's what every business does, finds ways to maximize revenue and profit. This clearly hurt their brand and once they realized it they had to act on it.
NFL viewership and profits have been falling over the years before the protest. An easy scapegoat used by the NFL and ol Papa Johns.

Food for thought

http://www.chicagonow.com/patriotic-dissenter/2017/12/nfl-ratings-keep-tanking-for-business-not-political-reasons/
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

05-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #73
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

I think I read an earlier post which alluded to what I have witnessed at games; the snack bars stay open, people don't put down their mammoth beers, there is back and forth to the rest rooms, the cameras stay on and the commercials run on the screens. Why not make everyone observe the National anthem and sing along?
Anyone who doesn't take their hat off and sing is automatically removed from the stadium and forbidden to enter again. You'd probably have to remove 25% of the fans, just sayin.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

05-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #74
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
I think I read an earlier post which alluded to what I have witnessed at games; the snack bars stay open, people don't put down their mammoth beers, there is back and forth to the rest rooms, the cameras stay on and the commercials run on the screens. Why not make everyone observe the National anthem and sing along?
Anyone who doesn't take their hat off and sing is automatically removed from the stadium and forbidden to enter again. You'd probably have to remove 25% of the fans, just sayin.
The FANS aren't employed by the NFL
Point is Moot
It's like saying customers at Best Buy are also required to observe their Dress code or be kicked out.
Appreciate 2
UncleWede9571.50
Germanauto4208.00

05-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #75
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBloo View Post
NFL viewership and profits have been falling over the years before the protest. An easy scapegoat used by the NFL and ol Papa Johns.

Food for thought

http://www.chicagonow.com/patriotic-...tical-reasons/
This is a common argument from the left that has been debunked.

The NFL had been in decline for several years, but the protests exacerbated those losses. At first the NFL was in denial and put out statements saying exactly what you are saying. But now several owners have publicly said that the protests did indeed noticeably hit their pocketbooks.

If words from the owners' mouths wasn't enough evidence, the fact that this policy was even created is clear proof that these protests were bad for business. Otherwise the NFL would have continued to turn a blind eye as they did for the past 2 seasons.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410230.00
arkie6359.00

05-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #76
OlBloo
Where to next........
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

I don't rely on words from a salesman as "evidence"

And please show me some statistics which prove my statement otherwise
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 05:44 PM   #77
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

If I were black, I would never stand for the national anthem. Hundreds of years of racism have been imposed on them and it continues to this day.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 07:39 PM   #78
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is a common argument from the left that has been debunked.

The NFL had been in decline for several years, but the protests exacerbated those losses. At first the NFL was in denial and put out statements saying exactly what you are saying. But now several owners have publicly said that the protests did indeed noticeably hit their pocketbooks.

If words from the owners' mouths wasn't enough evidence, the fact that this policy was even created is clear proof that these protests were bad for business. Otherwise the NFL would have continued to turn a blind eye as they did for the past 2 seasons.
As usual, follow the dollar.

I wonder how and when and how fast these people would respond if they had to lay their life on the line for our country, money aside.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #79
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloo View Post
If I were black, I would never stand for the national anthem. Hundreds of years of racism have been imposed on them and it continues to this day.
I'm not black so I can't speak fro their perspective, but as a child of poor immigrants who have prospered I will say that this country provides the type of opportunity that people can't even dream of in other countries.

Systemic racism is not what it once was. Being in the medical profession I can tell you there is systemic racism against Asians such as myself as our standards for admission are tougher than the black students. Throughout all of undergrad I was ineligible for most academic and scholarship programs because my race is deemed too successful. How is that fair?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #80
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Obviously Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't agree with you.

Name:  thumbRNS-CIVIL-RIGHTS081713d.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  49.4 KB
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
MKSixer23206.50

05-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #81
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Obviously Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't agree with you.

Attachment 1831696

And? Oh I forgot a dead man from the 1960s speaks for all black people in 2018.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #82
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
The FANS aren't employed by the NFL
Point is Moot
It's like saying customers at Best Buy are also required to observe their Dress code or be kicked out.
No it is not. Its the national anthem. It should be universally respected by all in attendance.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410230.00

05-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #83
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not black so I can't speak fro their perspective, but as a child of poor immigrants who have prospered I will say that this country provides the type of opportunity that people can't even dream of in other countries.

Systemic racism is not what it once was. Being in the medical profession I can tell you there is systemic racism against Asians such as myself as our standards for admission are tougher than the black students. Throughout all of undergrad I was ineligible for most academic and scholarship programs because my race is deemed too successful. How is that fair?

Cry me a river. I didn't get a scholarship either but I'm not blaming it on being white.

When you get shot in the back, pulled over for DWB, arrested at Starbucks, or have people call the cops on you for going about your daily life, come back and talk to me.

Also, hate to tell you this but no matter what you do a large segment of the population (mostly deplorables) will never consider you a real American.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/12/...gence-briefing

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nicity-n837181
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:00 PM   #84
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Also, hate to tell you this but no matter what you do a large segment of the population (mostly deplorables) will never consider you a real American.
Hillary? Is that you?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #85
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cry me a river. I didn't get a scholarship either but I'm not blaming it on being white.

When you get shot in the back, pulled over for DWB, arrested at Starbucks, or have people call the cops on you for going about your daily life, come back and talk to me.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/12/...gence-briefing

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nicity-n837181
I'm not even clicking that shyt, especially from the overtly biased sources you linked.

I don't choose to go through life with a victim mindset, sorry.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410230.00

05-27-2018, 10:13 PM   #86
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And? Oh I forgot a dead man from the 1960s speaks for all black people in 2018.
LOL.

Throwing shade at one of the greatest historical figures not only for black people, but for humanity as a whole.

Yeah let's listen to Kaeperdick instead. Dude was enjoying America to the fullest until his career started to dwindle. His Instagram was entertaining as hell back in the day.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #87
maloo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not even clicking that shyt, especially from the overtly biased sources you linked.

I don't choose to go through life with a victim mindset, sorry.

Your last post was all about being a victim. If you're happy being a "model minority" whom am I to judge. Maybe Trump will pick you to negotiate with Asian countries.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 10:20 PM   #88
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your last post was all about being a victim. If you're happy being a "model minority" whom am I to judge. Maybe Trump will pick you to negotiate with Asian countries.
Dude you are off the deep end. You lack any and all sense of objectivity. It's got to be tough waking up every morning angry at the world and letting the President terrorize your mind every minute of the day. 2 yrs, 6 yrs, whatever; he will be gone at some point and live will continue. Get some help.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410230.00
MKSixer23206.50