BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-01-2024, 09:57 PM   #1
SpaceBronco28
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & Gen3 Raptor

G05 X5 Dual Exhaust Options

Hello everyone, does anyone have suggestion for dual exhaust tips for the m sport? I’ve seen a couple option on eBay but they don’t look like they will be flush with the bumper or look good.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 10:52 PM   #2
scottminor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xdrive50i M Sport

I tried some and I just couldn’t get it to look right. I just went with the black covers over the factory chrome ones. I think you have to do a full rear bumper conversion. I’m just going to open my valves permanently and consider changing the x pipe to one without a resonator. I don’t know if the resonator change is smart. Still doing my homework on that one.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 03:49 PM   #3
SpaceBronco28
Rep

Which ones have you tried already? I have also opened the values, it sounds much better but I’d like a little more growl haha. I may look into the resonator delete but don’t want to go to loud since it’s our family car/wife’s daily. I would love the m performance exhaust and CARGRAPHIC double end tailpipe but can’t justify the cost for just a sound upgrade. A little time/youtube may change my mind lol
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 03:47 PM   #4
Jasondawinner
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 X5 sdrive40i X-line

Hi I have a 2022 x5 40i. I was reading the forums about how to open the valve as well. How did you get your exhaust valve to open? Couldn’t figure out how to leave the valve open so I can unplug the wire
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 02:33 PM   #5
SpaceBronco28
Rep

I believe there are two or three options, BimmerCode app, fuse pull, or cold start/harness pull. I went with the cold start/ harness pull. I went to the passenger rear side under the vehicle, start the vehicle by remote start and pull the harness plug that controls the exhaust flap. Easy as that. I don’t plan on open/closing anytime, so BimmerCode was a waste of money to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 01:15 PM   #6
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes28 View Post
I believe there are two or three options, BimmerCode app, fuse pull, or cold start/harness pull. I went with the cold start/ harness pull. I went to the passenger rear side under the vehicle, start the vehicle by remote start and pull the harness plug that controls the exhaust flap. Easy as that. I don’t plan on open/closing anytime, so BimmerCode was a waste of money to me.
Correction to this post, the BimmerLink app is needed to manually open/close the valves. BimmerCode is used for coding in pre-LCI models
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 10:32 PM   #7
SpaceBronco28
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm50i View Post
Correction to this post, the BimmerLink app is needed to manually open/close the valves. BimmerCode is used for coding in pre-LCI models
Haha thanks for the correction
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 09:25 AM   #8
scottminor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xdrive50i M Sport

It stinks you have to buy them each separately. I wish there was a discount for buying both.
Appreciate 0