BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-13-2024, 12:05 PM   #1
Stuabroad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i MSport

Block Heater

Any way to tell if there's a block heater installed in my X5? - displaying my ignorance here lol. But it's -42cin Alberta this morning, we just broke the record.
      01-13-2024, 12:48 PM   #2
X6ix GTA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuabroad View Post
Any way to tell if there's a block heater installed in my X5? - displaying my ignorance here lol. But it's -42cin Alberta this morning, we just broke the record.
I haven't seen that being offered as an option in last year or two on the Canadian site.

On a related note, did you startup the car this morning? Did it struggle to start? Did it take long time to warm up?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 04:30 PM   #3
Stuabroad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6ix GTA View Post
I haven't seen that being offered as an option in last year or two on the Canadian site.

On a related note, did you startup the car this morning? Did it struggle to start? Did it take long time to warm up?
Car was at home last night (heated garage). But Thursday morning car was at my girlfriend's house outside all night. Started fine but the remote start refused to work, which i thought was odd. Just said remote start was unavailable. Either using MyBMW app or starting using the keyfob three times. Warmed up pretty quick but i was on the highway after 5 mins.
      01-14-2024, 04:36 PM   #4
X6ix GTA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuabroad View Post
Car was at home last night (heated garage). But Thursday morning car was at my girlfriend's house outside all night. Started fine but the remote start refused to work, which i thought was odd. Just said remote start was unavailable. Either using MyBMW app or starting using the keyfob three times.
Definitely odd why remote start wouldnt work. Hmm, I can't think of a reason other than the car was in some sort of deep sleep mode (pure speculation) to preserve the battery.
Appreciate 1