BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
AAN
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Parking Assistant Plus Issue

Hello;

Despite I have the Parking Assistant Plus 5DN, I can use the car autopark in the parallel direction and not in the perpendicular direction, when I asked my local agent, he said that due to some certification issue the earlier G05 deliveries had this option disabled.
Any one knows the affected ECU to code and enable the auto parking in both directions please? And if it can be done using Bimmercode expert mode?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAN View Post
Hello;

Despite I have the Parking Assistant Plus 5DN, I can use the car autopark in the parallel direction and not in the perpendicular direction, when I asked my local agent, he said that due to some certification issue the earlier G05 deliveries had this option disabled.
Any one knows the affected ECU to code and enable the auto parking in both directions please? And if it can be done using Bimmercode expert mode?
This may be region specific. However, in the US version, you can only park perpendicular IF there is another vehicle in the parking space next to where you want to park. If you drive by multiple empty parking spaces, while in the Auto Parking Mode, it won't identify an available empty parking space until it sees one with a vehicle parked in the space next to the empty parking space. Even then, it will only park in that space by backing into that parking space.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:21 PM   #3
AAN
Rep

Thanks for your reply, but I have tried all possible positions and did not work, also the agent has admitted that it is not enabled in the perpendicular direction, the only way is to code it if I can get the right ECU entries.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, but I have tried all possible positions and did not work, also the agent has admitted that it is not enabled in the perpendicular direction, the only way is to code it if I can get the right ECU entries.
If you send me your FA and SVT I can check what is likely to be blocking.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 02:45 AM   #5
lufan
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 40i G05

Quote:
Hello;

You can try to go to the dealer to upgrade the programming. My G05 doesn't support vertical parking before 19-11, and it does after 19-11
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #6
AAN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufan View Post
You can try to go to the dealer to upgrade the programming. My G05 doesn't support vertical parking before 19-11, and it does after 19-11
I have been at the dealer few days back and now the car is on 20-3 and still not resolved, he claims that this is due to the early car production 2018-11-18 which I don't buy it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #7
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

Quote:
Hello;

What software version do you have? For me, perpendicular parking only became available with 07.2019.xx. I am in Australia.

I just saw your above post too. My vehicle is a Oct 2018 build. The software update fixed it. I am presently on 03.2020.xx and it still works.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 01:18 AM   #8
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have been at the dealer few days back and now the car is on 20-3 and still not resolved, he claims that this is due to the early car production 2018-11-18 which I don't buy it.
He is most likely right.

You have a build version of 1118 which is stored in your FA, and the coding of your car will be based on that and other factors.

It's probably an easy coding fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 05:12 AM   #9
AAN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
He is most likely right.

You have a build version of 1118 which is stored in your FA, and the coding of your car will be based on that and other factors.

It's probably an easy coding fix.
This is what I thought, I have the Bimmercode and the Esys and done few tweaks earlier.
Can you please advice if this can be done via VO or it requires FDL coding and the related entries.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 07:11 AM   #10
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is what I thought, I have the Bimmercode and the Esys and done few tweaks earlier.
Can you please advice if this can be done via VO or it requires FDL coding and the related entries.

Thanks
It will be FDL coding, as you already have the Vehicle Order for PA+ in your FA I assume.

I could normally figure it out independently, but don't know how a Dubai vehicle is configured - ECE, USA type, language version etc... hence the ask for the FA and SVT
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #11
AAN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSMC55 View Post
What software version do you have? For me, perpendicular parking only became available with 07.2019.xx. I am in Australia.

I just saw your above post too. My vehicle is a Oct 2018 build. The software update fixed it. I am presently on 03.2020.xx and it still works.
Thanks for your input; you were right and and my agent does not know what he is talking about and he wanted to get rid of me using any false story. Based on your case I went back and did system reset and tried the auto parking in both directions in a proper slot and it worded

ifr; thanks a lot for your genuine intentions.
Appreciate 0