BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2023, 11:24 PM   #1
Drxke_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 sDrive40i

New to the car scene

What's up

Pretty new to the car scene and I'm looking to get my X5 sDrive40i a bit faster and louder. Also looking to get a body kit? Anyone recommend anything? I'm like pretty much a beginner and have very little knowledge. I don't want my car extremely loud and I also live in california. Not looking to void my warranty and also not looking to go above 95db.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 04:22 AM   #2
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

I really like the black knight kit on the X5 - not too pricey, good fitment, available in carbon fibre or gloss black and decent quality. I've had a few kits on my X6 and the black knight one has been the best by far.

On the X5: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2002253

To get a bit more power without doing anything intrusive, there are a load of plug-in tuning boxes that can be removed when you go in for service. But beware, even if you take out the box, if BMW really wanted to they can read logs from your car which would identify that you've been running a tune. This isn't something they do routinely, but if you had a major engine failure they might... so beware nothing is 100% risk free.

Having said that, I've run a JB+ on my car since it was new (out of warranty now) and love it. Car definitely pulls much harder with it. When I drive without it I feel like I'm pulling a trailer.

Exhaust - if you don't want to change parts to then you can pull fuse 203 after cold start to keep the exhaust flap open at all times:

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 02:16 PM   #3
Drxke_
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
I really like the black knight kit on the X5 - not too pricey, good fitment, available in carbon fibre or gloss black and decent quality. I've had a few kits on my X6 and the black knight one has been the best by far.

On the X5: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2002253

To get a bit more power without doing anything intrusive, there are a load of plug-in tuning boxes that can be removed when you go in for service. But beware, even if you take out the box, if BMW really wanted to they can read logs from your car which would identify that you've been running a tune. This isn't something they do routinely, but if you had a major engine failure they might... so beware nothing is 100% risk free.

Having said that, I've run a JB+ on my car since it was new (out of warranty now) and love it. Car definitely pulls much harder with it. When I drive without it I feel like I'm pulling a trailer.

Exhaust - if you don't want to change parts to then you can pull fuse 203 after cold start to keep the exhaust flap open at all times:

Thanks! Really like the body kit but do you recommend any aftermarket exhaust? I want a little bit more sound than just the flaps. Already tried the fuse box a few weeks ago but I didn’t notice much sound. Looking to take it a step further.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 02:19 PM   #4
Drxke_
Registered
Rep

Also where can I buy JB+ I saw some things about it a few nights ago but I’m not sure where to find it for my exact model
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:05 AM   #5
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Hmmm for X5 communities I think most people leave their car as is; some do light modification (e.g. add a m-performance lip, change the wheel, add a JB4 or racechip) and that's probably it; very few people go further than that.

It is not like Supra, JDM or to some degree m2/3/4/m340i communities.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:33 AM   #6
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drxke_ View Post
Also where can I buy JB+ I saw some things about it a few nights ago but I’m not sure where to find it for my exact model

To tell you the truth, I'm using the JB+ I had from my previous 540i. It has the B58 engine same as my X6 so it works.

The best bet is to contact the manufacturer Burger Tuning, they'll tell which model number is right for your car. https://burgertuning.com/
Appreciate 0