04-27-2022, 07:20 AM   #45
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Just spoke to a Bimmertech authorized installer (off their website)...he had bad news...Bimmertech is only selling the amp if you buy the amp and full speaker set. Demand is so high...that they are bundling the two to make a few more bucks. Of course, this is one installer...could be different stories elsewhere.
So Audiotec-Fischer is not making the Match PP86DSP anymore. It’s discontinued for good. So whatever Bimmertech has in stock is it. Though they sold me the harness and the mounting bracket for it, if you want to source the amp elsewhere. I got it from eBay and I know Amazon.de (Germany) has one too and will ship to the US. However, installers have been recommending the match up 7dsp kit. So technically not sure which one is better, but you can’t go wrong with either.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #46
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

If you can't get an A-F amp you can use the Technic PnP Add-an-Amp harness for a PnP solution that preserves the OEM harness and use some other amp that meets the specs stated on their site. While it looks to be a bit more work, mostly researching and sourcing the required components, it opens the door to other amps that may be better and/or cheaper than A-F. This is the approach I suspect most custom installers would use.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 12:26 AM   #47
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i Pure 2002 JCW Cooper

Hi guys looking for help. Was running nicely great amp. Now when ever I put in the Woofer inputs the main speakers drop out and woofers only work, disconnect the woofers input and the mains come back on....

The amp came with a 40amp fuse. Doubt that's the issue.

Only thing is I was I had the car on accessories listening for 1 hours while reattaching the amp and putting the car back together and now the battery is very low so I have put it on charge.

Anyone else come across this?

Cheers Brett
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 02:26 AM   #48
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

Turns out it was the battery just being too low all good now
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 02:40 AM   #49
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Nosse View Post
Turns out it was the battery just being too low all good now
Good info, thanks for updating us on what the issue was
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 03:29 AM   #50
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dangerous View Post
Good info, thanks for updating us on what the issue was
Yeah was a relief.

Geez I am in love with it. It's got such a kick to it
I am running Bravsound Speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 06:02 AM   #51
jBwFellow
Private
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 45e, '15 Audi S3

Does anyone know the differences between the Match Up 7DSP and the 7BMW?

Is one a better choice over the other for a '22 X5 45e installation?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 05:46 AM   #52
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBwFellow View Post

Does your 45e have HiFi or HK?

If it has HiFi get the PP86dsp and make sure you get the new patch cable with 26 wires not the stand cable which has only 22. otherwise your Acoustic Pedestrian Warning system will throw an error.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.

Last edited by watrob; 06-06-2022 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2022, 01:00 PM   #53
TreeSkier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBwFellow View Post

Here's some technical info on the Match AMPs.
https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/k...mpare-matrix/#
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 08:35 PM   #54
beeminusa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

any aspx files to try out?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #55
boogysbmw
Noice
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX 50drive

Garage List
I just finished installing the bimmer tech amp and alpha one woofers on my 2022 X5 45e also matched up with the Bavsound speaker kit. All I have to say is WOW! Huge difference in sound quality. Night and day difference. Also puts to shame the Harmon Karmon in my 2021 X5 40i.

I also went ahead and changed the speaker grills to the B&W while I was at it since I wanted the metal grill and the led lighting.

2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i - Portimao Blue Metallic / Black perforated /Shadowline/ M sport / premium package
Appreciate 1
Tch-Nrd124.50
      07-03-2022, 06:53 AM   #56
Geaux318
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
gorgy How did you mount your amp, or what did you mount it to? Do you have easy access to the USB port for DSP modification?
I just found random holes that don't have screws in them where the RAM is and attached cable ties to them. I then tied it to the AMP mounting brackets holes. It sits in the air sort of and I am planning to wrap the amp in protective foam to protect it from any bumps until I can come up with a better mounting solution. I will try to take closeup pictures of how I used the cable ties and upload here.
Where you ever able to come up with a permanent mounting bracket for the Amp?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 11:31 PM   #57
Cloud10
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgy View Post
Hello everyone. I just finished installing my Match Up 7DSP in my 2022 BMW X5.

I was able to install it by myself thanks to the many posts in this forum. I had to take some info from a bunch of posts and also do some guessing as I ran into some problems when I installed mine and was able to resolve them so I thought I would share my experience with some photos to help others.

Like many others, I received my BMW with the factory HiFi system (due to the chip shortage) and was disappointed with the sound. I did some research and realized that the best option for me was to purchase a Match Up 7DSP with MEC installed and the 1.7RAM Harness.

In the USA, it is not very clear where to purchase the Match-Up 7DSP as Crutchfield discontinued the product but I just bought mine (brand new) on ebay and it came from London. The seller on ebay sold the whole package (amp, MEC and harness as well as a nice wiring kit).

I decided to only install the amp and not change the speakers as I read that the factory speakers are actually decent. I have to say that this is true in my opinion. The sound with the amp installed is night and day and I am very happy with the result.

I took some pictures of my setup as I felt that was missing when I was doing my research trying to find a step-by-step guide.

To start, you will need to open the trunk and expose the battery by removing the plastic cover. Once you expose the battery, you should disconnect it by disconnecting the black wire from the negative terminal on the battery.

The next thing is to connect the the 12V wire that will go from the amp to the battery. This was confusing to me as everywhere I read, I saw it said to connect it to the positive terminal of the battery. I did so and my amp did not turn on. What worked for me is connecting it to one of the power terminals that is next to the battery. I am not an expert but I assume this has to do with REM. Since there is nowhere to connect the REM wire unless you are an expert, the amp needs a signal to know when to turn on and that can be achieved by connecting the 12V wire to a power terminal and not the battery directly. I might be worn but it worked for me.

This is the power terminal next to the battery

Removing the red cover exposes the screw we can attach are wire to (my wire is the orange wire)

Make sure you are using a wire that has a 50A inline fuse (like the match manual says)

Next I connected the ground wire. I connected it to the car chasis where the black negative battery wire is connected to (my wire is the white wire):

I was able to pass both of my wires (12V and ground) to the driver side where the first aid kit is. You can pass them with no problem under the plastic cover as seen in the picture:

Now that you have both of these wires ready to go you can connect them to the Molex connector that came with the AMP.

I drew a diagram showing how I wired the wires into the Molex connector that comes with the AMP

Next, you need to disconnect the car harness from the RAM module. I don't have pictures for it but this video on youtube helped me understand how to do it and how to connect the harness. It is in German. I do not understand German but it's possible to see exactly how to disconnect the harness from the RAM and then install the match harness. (the video is showing a different match amp but the harness is the same so it is helpful to just see the harness connection)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aOM_fOmVA&t=398s

Once you are done connecting the harness to the RAM module and to the match amp, You are ready to connect the battery back. YOu can connect the black wire you disconnected in the beginning back to the negative terminal of the battery.

If all is good, your amp status LED should be on and you should be able to hear radio/music from your car audio system.

Please note that if you test the audio before tuning the amp with the DSP PC tool, the sound will be flat and horrible. I am not an expert and just loaded the X5 preset that I downloaded on the Audiotec-Fischer website. After I uploaded the sound profile using the DSP PC tool, the sound was just amazing.

I am not a professional installer and this is not professional advice. Please use these instructions at your own risk.

I am still trying to figure out how to mount my amp where the first aid kit. The match amp does not come with a mounting plate. It comes with 2 mounting brackets that are kind of useless in that space. If anyone has experience with mounting it I will be happy to learn. For now, it is mounted with cable ties.
This is what it looks like

And when everything is closed the amp is not visible at all

Hope this helps others who are opting to install the amp on their own.

If you are a professional and think that anything I wrote here is wrong or misleading please let me know and I am happy to edit.
gorgy
Thank you for such a wonderful post. I was inspired to go this route after reading your post. Unfortunately, due to recent parts shortages, I had to scramble and order parts from multiple vendors. So far, I have the MATCH UP 7DSP, MEC Analog In Module, & 1.7REM harness. I am still looking for the mounting bracket(OOS in the entire country!), as well as 12v with inline 50Amp fuse+holder and ground wire kit(didn’t come with my amp purchase). I am also not sure whether the MEC module needs to be reconfigured to 30V by removing the jumper or not. The instruction manual calls for removal if the input sensitivity is higher than 11V. Not sure how to figure out input sensitivity for the two additional channels through MEC/Analog In.

I am installing the amp with the factory installed speakers that come standard with the HiFi system.

Has anyone on the forum come across this problem? Any pointers?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Last edited by Cloud10; 08-03-2022 at 11:34 PM.. Reason: Typos, phone typing!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 02:12 AM   #58
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

This is how I bolted mine on. There is a backet and just used a 8mm nut and washer
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 05:36 AM   #59
Cloud10
Rep

Thank you Brett Nosse! Did you use the OEM bracket mentioned in the post?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 06:53 AM   #60
Brett Nosse
Private First Class
Rep

There was a bolt that's welded to some metal work... I just used that one. It's black and takes a bit of searching
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 05:38 PM   #61
Coolhand92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud10 View Post
gorgy
Thank you for such a wonderful post. I was inspired to go this route after reading your post. Unfortunately, due to recent parts shortages, I had to scramble and order parts from multiple vendors. So far, I have the MATCH UP 7DSP, MEC Analog In Module, & 1.7REM harness. I am still looking for the mounting bracket(OOS in the entire country!), as well as 12v with inline 50Amp fuse+holder and ground wire kit(didn’t come with my amp purchase). I am also not sure whether the MEC module needs to be reconfigured to 30V by removing the jumper or not. The instruction manual calls for removal if the input sensitivity is higher than 11V. Not sure how to figure out input sensitivity for the two additional channels through MEC/Analog In.

I am installing the amp with the factory installed speakers that come standard with the HiFi system.

Has anyone on the forum come across this problem? Any pointers?

Thank you for your help in advance!
When you configure the Match AMP a message will appear that states: Attention! The Input Gain has been adjusted between 12 and 30 Volts while the Load Jumper on the Analog In module is connected. If you are applying a high level input signal with a maximum voltage higher than 12 volts the Load Jumper must be removed. Disregarding this warning can cause server damage to the Analog In module as well as to the DSP.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #62
Cloud10
Rep

Red blinking status light

I was able to install the amp, had to remove the jumper and change settings to 30v to get rid of the warning message.

Upon install and transferring/saving the tunes and settings suggested by encato, my amp keep showing blinking red/status led light while the pc tool is connected to amp. Once I unplug, status led changed to green.

Subs are giving bass output now but it sounds a bit distorted, do I need to adjust the equalizer settings to get better output and less distorted bass?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 02:28 PM   #63
Cloud10
Rep

Does anyone on the forum have a File suitable for Match 7DSP with MEC card for Factory speakers?

I downloaded a file from ATF website but not happy with the output. I have spent some time learning about different settings and fell comfortable using their software, just need a better starting point to narrow/fine tune my settings.

The biggest hurdle I am trying to overcome is to find the cross over frequency specs for factory speakers (G05). If anyone has those specs or the PC Tool compatible file for G05, could you please share it?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 09:34 AM   #64
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud10 View Post
Does anyone on the forum have a File suitable for Match 7DSP with MEC card for Factory speakers?
I can't find any that I was using when I was running factory speakers but I seem to remember that the settings file just mapped the IO section but left the crossovers disabled (slope set to off). You can go with something like the following although keep in mind you are at the mercy of the passive inline filters that are part of the factory speakers.

Set the High Pass Center/Front/Rear/L/R speakers the same (except the time settings used for sound stage which were set correctly in the AF settings file) using Butterworth with a slope of -12db crossed at 140Hz. Be sure to keep the low pass set slope to off.

Band pass (set both high and low pass filters) the R/L Subwoofer by settings the High Pass using Butterworth @ -12db crossed at 50Hz and Low Pass using Butterworth @ -12db crossed at 125Hz.

You want the front/rear speakers curves to overlap the subs and using a 12db slope separated by 15 to20hz does this. You can play with moving the crossover frequency for the front/rear speakers up a bit to maybe 160Hz maintaining a 15-20hz separation with the under seat subs low pass crossover to get a fuller sound however messing with individual frequencies requires a measuring microphone to do it correctly.

I played with the "auto" bass and extender functions in the processor but it always seemed to inconsistent across a variety of music and varying sound levels so left it off. If you do mess with it, use small increments so not to overload the sound with too much bass. It seems to work best when the sound level is moderate... gives a bit of punch to the bass. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 06:29 AM   #65
fromthebeginning
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

The MEC Card

I believe this was asked before and no response was given, could anyone advise on why I need:

The "MATCH MEC ANALOG IN
Match Extension Card" adds two inputs to an UP 7BMW/DSP amp

If I'm doing just the amp upgrade on my 2022 X5 45e with no plans for future inspection?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 01:53 PM   #66
KYBimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 40i; '18 M2;'15 435x GC

I'm not expert but as I understand, on post-2019 models, you'll need to use the 1.7RAM harness, and it has 3 molex plugs on it, one of which is the input. The UP 7DSP/BMW requires the analog input module for the molex input to plug into. Without it, you won't have a proper configuration.
Appreciate 0