1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
A lot of us have bought the Match 7DSP amp, I am installing mine over the weekend, got it earlier in the week.

Look for Match by Audiotec Fischer UP 7DSP Amplifier with Loom for RAM version BMW 2019+ on eBay.
let us know how the install went.. pitfalls, wins, loses etc.. Looking very hard at an amp right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #24
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

The install of the Match Up 7DSP amp was relatively easy, I do have a 45e:

1) Remove the accessory tray covering the battery, 6 re-usable rivets have to be removed.

2) Disconnect the negative terminal wire from the main battery. Wait 10 minutes for the car to completely shut down.

3) Remove the red cover of the auxiliary box, that's where you will be connecting the amp's 12V wire.

4) Connect the amp's ground wire to the main battery's ground post.

5) Disconnect the OEM wiring from the OEM RAM and connect it to the matching end of the 1.7RAM. Then, connect the second connection of the 1.7RAM to the OEM RAM. Take all remaining 1.7RAM connections and connect them to the amp, it is all PnP.

6) Connect the power input plug that came with the amp to the amp. +12V should be connected with a 8awg cable to the positive terminal in the auxiliary box. You have to use a 50amp fuse. GND should be connected to the ground terminal that the main battery uses.

7) Put everything back together

A custom bracket for the amp is not required, you can put it in the accessory tray that covers the battery. You can then either use velcro to keep it in place or you can attach it to the tray itself using the amp's stock bracket holder and screws.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
1Mors436.50
      03-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #25
sonjack
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Thanks for the details as this is very helpful. I have the same car and plan on tackling this work this coming weekend. Just curious, have you swapped out any speakers? I have Focal ES100K ready to go but have not gotten any insights on wiring them into the current configuration so now thinking it may be better to return the K2's and simplify with the Focal PNP option. Can't find an installer around there area either. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #26
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjack View Post
Thanks for the details as this is very helpful. I have the same car and plan on tackling this work this coming weekend. Just curious, have you swapped out any speakers? I have Focal ES100K ready to go but have not gotten any insights on wiring them into the current configuration so now thinking it may be better to return the K2's and simplify with the Focal PNP option. Can't find an installer around there area either. Thanks for the help.
I have upgraded all speakers and subwoofers to the Focals PnP, also retrofitted tweeters in the rear doors. Thinking about retrofitting speakers in the D-pillars in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 04:59 PM   #27
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

I have installed the bimmertech amp in my 2022 X6 with hi fi sound.
Installation slightly/significantly more annoying than they make it out to be, but it can still be done in an hour or so.
Improvement noticed IMMEDIATELY, especially with bass.
Look forward to a night drive tonight to really check it out.
      03-31-2022, 09:24 PM   #28
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

Quote:
I have upgraded all speakers and subwoofers to the Focals PnP, also retrofitted tweeters in the rear doors. Thinking about retrofitting speakers in the D-pillars in the trunk.
Can you share details on the rear door tweeter retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #29
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphiprion View Post
Quote:
This should give you an idea, once you get the parts, the DIY is not difficult at all:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28600702
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2022, 10:50 PM   #30
dhaloulos
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

For my 2022 x5, I put in a JL amp, focal speakers in the front and a sub in the trunk. I don’t think I’m hearing the right sound yet though. For those of you who have done the upgrades, What kind of adjustments have you done on your after market amp to sound better? I also have to get the turn signal volume down.

Has anyone complained to BMW about the stock HiFi system? I feel like I wasn’t notified of it when I ordered the premium package.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:32 AM   #31
TGTBTU
TGTBTU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 X-drive M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaloulos View Post
For my 2022 x5, I put in a JL amp, focal speakers in the front and a sub in the trunk. I don’t think I’m hearing the right sound yet though. For those of you who have done the upgrades, What kind of adjustments have you done on your after market amp to sound better? I also have to get the turn signal volume down.

Has anyone complained to BMW about the stock HiFi system? I feel like I wasn’t notified of it when I ordered the premium package.
The HIFI sound system is poor, though I am not an audiophile. And, I find it painful to do any "surgery" to my brand new 2022 X5.

Wish there was a less evasive option, but there isn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #32
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphiprion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I have installed the bimmertech amp in my 2022 X6 with hi fi sound.
Installation slightly/significantly more annoying than they make it out to be, but it can still be done in an hour or so.
Improvement noticed IMMEDIATELY, especially with bass.
Look forward to a night drive tonight to really check it out.
I'm thinking about buying the bimmertech amps.. what are your reviews on it so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #33
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg876 View Post
I'm thinking about buying the bimmertech amps.. what are your reviews on it so far?
My impressions are great. A very very noticeable difference between stock. I don't think I'll replace/upgrade the speakers. I'm very happy with the sound quality overall after installing the amp.
      04-06-2022, 02:54 PM   #34
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
My impressions are great. A very very noticeable difference between stock. I don't think I'll replace/upgrade the speakers. I'm very happy with the sound quality overall after installing the amp.
Thank you... Did you also add a separate sub?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 10:39 PM   #35
dhaloulos
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkalpakkam View Post
Due to chip shortage, I got only the basic one which lacks equalizer settings. If I replace it with another amp, can I change the equalizer?
My forester with tweaked equalizer settings sounds better than this basic.
To me, the speakers in X5 are ok as some songs sound good.

Would be great if someone can share the amp link or model/cost.
A lot of us have bought the Match 7DSP amp, I am installing mine over the weekend, got it earlier in the week.

Look for Match by Audiotec Fischer UP 7DSP Amplifier with Loom for RAM version BMW 2019+ on eBay.
Has anyone bought a JL amp? If so, what kind of adjustments have you made?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 11:15 PM   #36
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

The stock HiFi system does get a little bit better after breaking in - so much so that I'm not so tempted to change things anymore. Although the amp upgrade does look tempting!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 08:05 AM   #37
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

For what it's worth, I'm content with the HiFi system and see no need to change.
      04-07-2022, 04:21 PM   #38
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg876 View Post
Thank you... Did you also add a separate sub?
nope, only upgrade is the amp. IMO a sub is not needed, bass sounds good!
      04-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #39
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
For what it's worth, I'm content with the HiFi system and see no need to change.

mmmm, pretty strong disagree. but perhaps you arent a music file or mostly listen to podcasts etc. really depends on what you use listen to.

I have Harmon Kardon on my other two BMWs, in comparison the hi fi is quite weak. I think the hifi with upgraded amp sounds as good or better than the HK
      04-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #40
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
I am leaning amp replacement. I am hearing that speakers are a nice to have but won't improve it as much as the new amp. Audio amps always add depth to the sound.

I also notice that now that the hi fi fo fum system is breaking in the mid range is starting to show up making the sound fuller. I can also understand talk radio now. Before it sounded so muffled and washed out it was hard to hear the words being spoken.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:41 AM   #41
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Quote:

mmmm, pretty strong disagree. but perhaps you arent a music file or mostly listen to podcasts etc. really depends on what you use listen to.

I have Harmon Kardon on my other two BMWs, in comparison the hi fi is quite weak. I think the hifi with upgraded amp sounds as good or better than the HK
I've modified nearly every vehicle sound system I've ever owned and I'm a bit over it now tbh. I'll likely adjust some coding and it will bump it to the next level. Farthest I would go would be a bimmertech amp and it's the lowest on my priority list.

My first drive in the X5 was a 7 hour trip and I can tell you they definitely got better throughout the drive…not mind blowing but adequate.
      04-12-2022, 10:10 AM   #42
jeannieliv
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
I've modified nearly every vehicle sound system I've ever owned and I'm a bit over it now tbh. I'll likely adjust some coding and it will bump it to the next level. Farthest I would go would be a bimmertech amp and it's the lowest on my priority list.

My first drive in the X5 was a 7 hour trip and I can tell you they definitely got better throughout the drive…not mind blowing but adequate.
Commanderwiggin - Glad to hear you aren't too upset with the hifi. It was the only option on my X5 45e, which is arriving next week. I do not like the idea of tearing into a brand new car, so I'll likely at least go through the "break in" period with the hifi before making a judgement. My hope is that I don't really think about the quality of the music and just listen to it without judgement (eg forget about hifi vs HK vs B&O vs Bavsound vs Focal vs Bimmertech vs etc etc)
Appreciate 1