BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2023, 03:23 AM   #1
Thedonapex
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Best products for washing black sapphire metallic

Good afternoon/morning/evening all!
I was wondering if anyone wants to tell me their car wash routine including products used in washing the outside, rims and wheels as well as treating the leather on the inside as well (I have the extended merino leather package).

Warm regards!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 05:23 AM   #2
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Ceramic coating is one of the best ways to help keep your car clean, especially the wheels, if nothing else get the faces and barrels ceramic coated.
Appreciate 1
MmmCar19.50
      07-01-2023, 06:35 AM   #3
DHBeach
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedonapex View Post
Good afternoon/morning/evening all!
I was wondering if anyone wants to tell me their car wash routine including products used in washing the outside, rims and wheels as well as treating the leather on the inside as well (I have the extended merino leather package).

Warm regards!
I've only had my X5 with Black Sapphire for a week but hand washed and waxed it already. Ceramic coating is next.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 09:26 AM   #4
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHBeach View Post
I've only had my X5 with Black Sapphire for a week but hand washed and waxed it already. Ceramic coating is next.

I cannot tell you what to do but a true ceramic coating is very expensive. There are so many claiming to be ceramic that are not true ceramic or mix and performance will be more like really good wax rather than ceramic. The car must be stripped off all wax for a real ceramic to properly bond. As a former professional detailed I can tell you this is still the only thing I do not do myself and leave to a professional. The curing itself takes the car being under cover for a day or more.

Just trying to help, not criticize or put down, so I hope it did not come across as that.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 04:39 PM   #5
DHBeach
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Good info. Thanks! I am waxing with a ceramic hybrid and happy enough with the results to pocket the savings of not having a ceramic finish "professionally" applied.
Appreciate 1
TN2SC2020151.50
      07-01-2023, 04:51 PM   #6
MJBradley1967
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Turtle Wax black ceramic is a good wax if you decide against ceramic coating.

Whatever you use for the application, buffing and whatnot will get turned black, so don't plan on using those things for anything else that isn't black.
      07-01-2023, 10:14 PM   #7
dan1495
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i 2023 M440i CV

I’ve owned a BSM 23 X5 for 9 months and have only washed it with soap and water a few times when it was very dirty. I generally weekly use a high quality duster followed by Wolfgang SIO2 Waterless Wash. I finish it off with Artdeshine Nano Gloss Sealant spray. No swirl marks so far. I wash the wheels/tires by hand every week or so. I swore I’d never own a black car again but it hasn’t been that bad. It takes about 30-45 minutes to clean it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 10:29 PM   #8
MmmCar
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21' BMW X5 Msport 23' X3 M sp

Adam’s Polishes is what i would recommend. They offer tons of videos and have a very useful forum as well.
I used their products exclusively for my vehicles.
They offer a few different ceramics. Ive used all of them.
Their ceramic spray coating is super easy to use. They say it lasts 2 years. I do see that after using on one of my cars. (Bottle costs about $50).
They also offer a “true” ceramic coating (costs about $100). Definitely harder to use. But plenty of how to videos. I would def recommend this version. Supposed to last up to 7 years. I used a previous version that only lasted 2 years. I am 2 years into that and still seeing the water bead like crazy.
Since the preparation is the same for both. Its worth the extra time it takes to apply to use the true coating. There are a few extra prep items you may need but worth it. This is definitely a DIY project.
Results on both prodcucts are insane. Water shoots off the car!
I have a few Adams products..😬 this is only a few of my supplies!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
aMIC31.00