BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-11-2020, 12:37 AM   #1
Xxxxx_max
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Been driven my g05 for a year and this is the first time I've had this problem so far. The nav system kept loading content as it showed on control display and it never starts. Can't even use the map. Anyone here got the same nav problem as I do? How did u guys solve the problem? Appreciate it if u could give me some pointers.
Attached Images

05-11-2020, 02:34 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxxxx_max View Post
Been driven my g05 for a year and this is the first time I've had this problem so far. The nav system kept loading content as it showed on control display and it never starts. Can't even use the map. Anyone here got the same nav problem as I do? How did u guys solve the problem? Appreciate it if u could give me some pointers.
Did you do the reset by pushing the volume button for 10-20 seconds? That solves a lot
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2020, 03:12 AM   #3
Xxxxx_max
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Did you do the reset by pushing the volume button for 10-20 seconds? That solves a lot
Quote:
Quote:
Never heard of this method but I will give it a try. Thanks buddy!
      05-11-2020, 04:27 AM   #4
BMW_Cyprus
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The reset is a solution to many a known gremlins. Should be always the first go to. Try and see if it works.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY19 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
If that doesn’t work then do a system rest (annoying part is u have to re-input everything). My nav. Was mess up as well (car location issue) and reset doesn’t work for me :/ had to reset the entire system.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
Xxxxx_max
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Cyprus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The reset is a solution to many a known gremlins. Should be always the first go to. Try and see if it works.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I tried this morning and it works! I never know that the volume button can turn the whole system off. Thanks a lot man!
      05-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
Xxxxx_max
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKBSY8 View Post
If that doesn’t work then do a system rest (annoying part is u have to re-input everything). My nav. Was mess up as well (car location issue) and reset doesn’t work for me :/ had to reset the entire system.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It works after I restarted the system and I don't have to reset everything. Thanks for your advice!
      05-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
BMW_Cyprus
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5

Quote:
I tried this morning and it works! I never know that the volume button can turn the whole system off. Thanks a lot man!
Super now you have the talisman to all software problems. Enjoy your ride...
Appreciate 1
gen1md16.00
      05-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #9
WitekXXX
Rep
Drives: G05 40d soon

Quote:
I have the same problem and it doesn't help. My dealer has to send me some navi code.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #10
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good to hear! And much faster than waiting for a Bmw genius to solve it!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 04:25 PM   #11
TGTBTU
TGTBTU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 X-drive M40i

Quote:
Quote:
This was tremendously helpful. I had the same issue. Perpetual "navigation starting" with no back up camera, etc.

I held down the volume button for 20 seconds and it restarted. Thanks a million.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 05:01 PM   #12
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Modern vehicles are a whole slew of computers...hitting the start/stop button isn't like shutting off you home computer...every once in a while, a full reset can help.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 10:01 PM   #13
Jun93
Rep
Drives: X2

Quote:
It happens to me today.

Same model but 2022 X5

I will try it after my wife comes back home with her X5.
Appreciate 0