BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-02-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Picked up my LCI CB 50e

Just picked up my new X5 50e from local dealership last Friday.

I ordered it to replace my 21' X3 M40i which was totaled by some careless driver.

It comes with Carbon Black with M-sport pro with Coffee Sansafin. Carbon black is really an interesting color: dark blue in sunlight; black when dark. I typically prefer white cars, but sorry with LCI msport bumper design and black part around tail light, I need black to hide those

It is a budget built: I didn't chose anything fancy, just the essentials including ACC. Built was 84k MSRP incl. delivery; got net 8% off before incentive (10% off from dealer, 2% goes to broker) with free all weather mat sets. Paid all cash cuz finance rate really suck at this time.

Drove ~170 miles so far, only used 11% of gas (I charged for free at my place of work Chargepoint, takes ~3h to charge >75% from 0; as well as home garage 110v, which takes 17h to full with "turbocord"); the rest is on electric/hybrid. I must say it is quite not similar to my previous X3 M40i: it is not as nimble and loud; however it feels much more smooth and stable. I'd say the "happy" speed for my X3 M40i was 78-82mph, while X5 50e can easily hide speed of 90-95mph. The air suspension feels great in -1 (sport) setting. Highway MPG with gas when battery depleted seems much better than I expected (feel higher than X3); but need to be verified in long run.

The seat, even the most basic option (I didn't pay a dime for seat upgrade) feels great. One of the major complaint I had with X3 was seating; even with leather and M40i's seat I still can't find a comfy position for long roadtrip. No complaint for X5 so far.

Now the biggest complaint I have with X5 is the size - it is just a tad too big to fit comfortably into bay area's tiny parking spaces; however I do really prefer the chassis of 5/X5 over 3/4/X3/X4.

A quick walkaround to the car - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6AaVu6-9fJ8
Attached Images

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaz; 07-02-2023 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 04:01 PM   #2
rabbit1986
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3, 2016 D3 biturbo

What about the performance? how do u compare it to the X3 m40?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #3
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit1986 View Post
What about the performance? how do u compare it to the X3 m40?
Still in break-in period so has not been driving it toooo hard yet. Initial acceleration from stop FEELS a bit quicker (0-30); cornering and entering ramps with tight ramps feels much more stable but a bit less nimble. In sport mode half-throttle feels very very quick already. Unfortunately engine noise is far less good.
Appreciate 0