BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2023, 07:18 PM   #67
///MSD_MD
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M, 2023 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
I’m currently running on a stock set up. Can’t decide if I want to go with midpipe and dinan exhaust or midpipe and secondary car delete.
Thanks for the reply! I’ve been tempted to do a secondary cat delete as well, but am worried about state inspection/emissions testing (I live in PA). If that’s not an issue for you, I don’t think you can go wrong. Hope you enjoy your ride!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 09:22 PM   #68
Shuja_a
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
I’m currently running on a stock set up. Can’t decide if I want to go with midpipe and dinan exhaust or midpipe and secondary car delete.
Just got my midpipe done and secondaries, and wow…..the cold start is super aggressive and then mellows out. Sport plus, the spool and the exotic tone is just all dialed in. Videos don’t do justice how well this setup sounds
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-16-2023, 10:15 PM   #69
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MSD_MD View Post
Thanks for the reply! I’ve been tempted to do a secondary cat delete as well, but am worried about state inspection/emissions testing (I live in PA). If that’s not an issue for you, I don’t think you can go wrong. Hope you enjoy your ride!
Im in NY I think we have similar inspection requirements. From what I heard only the primary downpipes are monitored.

The secondaries should be ok and you shouldn’t have any issues passing inspection.
      03-17-2023, 02:24 PM   #70
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuja_a View Post
Just got my midpipe done and secondaries, and wow…..the cold start is super aggressive and then mellows out. Sport plus, the spool and the exotic tone is just all dialed in. Videos don’t do justice how well this setup sounds
Sound clip .... must have sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 06:50 PM   #71
Shuja_a
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
Sound clip .... must have sound.
https://youtube.com/shorts/p9vvu7FUjj4?feature=share

Cold start/ efficient revs, sport+ revs 2k-4K.
Appreciate 3
      03-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #72
johnnyredgtr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC

Quote:

Sounds super nice...i like it...now I don't know if i'll do the primary catless downpipes or this...I already have secondary catless downpipes...sounds beautiful
      03-18-2023, 09:57 AM   #73
Shuja_a
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyredgtr View Post
Sounds super nice...i like it...now I don't know if i'll do the primary catless downpipes or this...I already have secondary catless downpipes...sounds beautiful
I haven’t heard the full setup with primaries as well. But I would say this is perfect…do drone tame in efficient, sport + wakes up and sounds glorious
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2023, 12:29 PM   #74
Shuja_a
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I’ve been getting quite of few “drone” concern questions.

My wife and 20 month old went out yesterday for dinner, of course the cold start the wife heard from inside the home. But when she came out she asked if that was my car as the car really settled down after the start. We got in started driving within 15-20mins the little one fell asleep and the wife had zero clue if anything had been done.

Long story short…there is no drone and the cabin stays comfortable and quiet like factory!!

This is with catless secondaries and Dinan mid/xpipe
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2023, 03:12 PM   #75
MIA_F80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Yas Marina

[QUOTE=Wtfitzvi;29942116]Just got the midpipe on today and it definitely opens it up a bit more. Not a crazy difference but you can tell there is increase in noise.

I get a little bit of farts/burbles as well during up shifts and down shifts as well.

I just drove the car home from the shop so not much time with the new midpipe on but so far I like it!

Heading out of town again tomorrow. I’ll try and get some sound clips uploaded this weekend.

Keep us updated. Installing mine in 2 weeks, can’t wait to hear and compare with mine given I have secondary catless DPs
      04-15-2023, 11:24 PM   #76
MIA_F80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Yas Marina

Update: this product won’t work well with aftermarket secondary DPs, particularly from ER. I installed mine and had major fitment issues. There could have been some workarounds but decided against it, as I only like “perfect fitment”. So i returned it. Dinan customer service was great but just a caution for anyone running aftermarket downpipes. Maybe they fix it in the future…
      04-16-2023, 12:19 AM   #77
arlind94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIA_F80 View Post
Update: this product won’t work well with aftermarket secondary DPs, particularly from ER. I installed mine and had major fitment issues. There could have been some workarounds but decided against it, as I only like “perfect fitment”. So i returned it. Dinan customer service was great but just a caution for anyone running aftermarket downpipes. Maybe they fix it in the future…
What issue did you have? I have ER secondaries and the X pipe fit fine.
Appreciate 1
Shuja_a64.50
      04-16-2023, 07:52 PM   #78
Shuja_a
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow very interesting, I have the MAD secondaries and no fitment issues whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 09:29 AM   #79
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What issues did you run into? Secondary downpipes is on my mod list
      04-18-2023, 07:58 AM   #80
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Very curious if this will fit the 2024s..From what i heard the part number is different from BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 08:14 AM   #81
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter399 View Post
Very curious if this will fit the 2024s..From what i heard the part number is different from BMW
Not holding our breath. Mild hybrid components being integrated likely changes pipe routing.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 03:21 PM   #82
zztops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (N26) F30 M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlind94 View Post
What issue did you have? I have ER secondaries and the X pipe fit fine.
I had similar issues. There’s just a lot of play between the ER secondaries and the X-pipe. Probably just manufacturing tolerances between the 2. Pretty much had to torque the living hell out of the clamp on one side (which was already a pain in the butt) to really get the dinan x-pipe to bite down onto the secondaries. Also, no matter what my guy did tho, the H washers/spacers on the clamps wouldn’t stop moving around. So we just removed them from almost all the clamps and retightened with impact along with cheater bar method after. Was kinda sketch for the cheater bar, but bolts held up nicely and obviously the pipe isn’t going to sustain any damage that it’s not supposed to. About 99% of the rattling has gone and there is no movement perceptible when pushing pulling or knocking on the pipes now. Except once in a while I’ll hear a little bit of a jingle jangle. Not sure if it’s the pipes moving, clamps, valves, or the engine being loud as hell. So I don’t let it bother me.

My one recommendation to Dinan would be to include some more easily workable hardware. The bands on the clamps are pretty high quality, but the H washers are damn near useless. Also if you’re using value engineering and reusing the exhaust can that the F90 uses, maybe remove the sticker too? Lol jk

Other than that I’m pretty satisfied with the finished product. When mixing and matching aftermarket parts. Some troubleshooting is almost always going to be part of the game.

Also, Dinan customer service is top notch.

The overall tone with catless secondaries, full dinan, and keeping the exhaust flaps open (bimmerlink and disconnect method) is super exotic across the whole spectrum. I love it and my neighbors actually haven’t complained yet.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      04-18-2023, 04:21 PM   #83
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztops View Post
I had similar issues. There’s just a lot of play between the ER secondaries and the X-pipe. Probably just manufacturing tolerances between the 2. Pretty much had to torque the living hell out of the clamp on one side (which was already a pain in the butt) to really get the dinan x-pipe to bite down onto the secondaries. Also, no matter what my guy did tho, the H washers/spacers on the clamps wouldn’t stop moving around. So we just removed them from almost all the clamps and retightened with impact along with cheater bar method after. Was kinda sketch for the cheater bar, but bolts held up nicely and obviously the pipe isn’t going to sustain any damage that it’s not supposed to. About 99% of the rattling has gone and there is no movement perceptible when pushing pulling or knocking on the pipes now. Except once in a while I’ll hear a little bit of a jingle jangle. Not sure if it’s the pipes moving, clamps, valves, or the engine being loud as hell. So I don’t let it bother me.

My one recommendation to Dinan would be to include some more easily workable hardware. The bands on the clamps are pretty high quality, but the H washers are damn near useless. Also if you’re using value engineering and reusing the exhaust can that the F90 uses, maybe remove the sticker too? Lol jk

Other than that I’m pretty satisfied with the finished product. When mixing and matching aftermarket parts. Some troubleshooting is almost always going to be part of the game.

The overall tone with catless secondaries, full dinan, and keeping the exhaust flaps open (bimmerlink and disconnect method) is super exotic across the whole spectrum. I love it and my neighbors actually haven’t complained yet.
What is the disconnect method? Pulling the fuse or disconnecting the plugs for the valves?
      04-18-2023, 04:43 PM   #84
zztops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (N26) F30 M SPORT

Disconnect the actuator plugs when valves are open. Easiest to open with bimmerlink. Tape up both ends. Shove wires back into the same hole they come out of.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 09:00 AM   #85
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:

The overall tone with catless secondaries, full dinan, and keeping the [...]
I have had same issue on installing F90 M5 resonator delete pipe.
New batch came with newer clamp where no matter how you tighten it, it doesn’t clamp down tightly.
Previous batch clamps was better, OE style and quality. The new one I can tell that it seems like a China clamps.
I have to remove the H to get it tightened properly.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
zztops327.50
      04-22-2023, 01:33 PM   #86
m-prsev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC, 2021 X7M50i

Is the clamp only an issue with aftermarket secondary pipes?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 02:08 PM   #87
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-prsev View Post
Is the clamp only an issue with aftermarket secondary pipes?
I haven’t installed F95 midpipe yet, but I know that ER pipe is factory size and never had issue matching it up with Stock exhaust, Akrapovic, or Fi Exhaust.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 02:42 PM   #88
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Disconnect the actuator plugs when valves are open. Easiest to open with bimmerlink. Tape up both ends. Shove wires back into the same hole they come out of.
will that trigger any lights on the dash?