Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 318 m-sport 2013

Ordered new car yesterday. Basic equipment:
- Travel pack
- M-sport pack
- eDrive M-sport Edition
- Innovation

+ Acoustic glazing, sun Windows, comfort seats, harman kardon, Merino leather coffee and tetragon. Arctic grey colour w/high gloss black.

Any comments? Any must have I forgot?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Current: 2019 BWM X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaeirik View Post
- Travel pack
- M-sport pack
- eDrive M-sport Edition
- Innovation

+ Acoustic glazing, sun Windows, comfort seats, harman kardon, Merino leather coffee and tetragon. Arctic grey colour w/high gloss black.

I don't know if it is included in any of your packs but the 360 camera's and 4 wheel steering are a must for me.
And a lot of patience before getting it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 01:32 AM   #3
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
- Travel pack
- M-sport pack
- eDrive M-sport Edition
- Innovation

Looks good! Much like mine except I am getting Mineral White, hopefully on Friday. Heat Comfort (4HA) and Comfort Access (322) would probably be useful, maybe Drive Recorder (6DR) too. I am assuming your Innovation Pack is like ours and includes all the high-tech stuff and that Glass Roof is in Travel Pack.

I also have Soft Close (323), Tempered Cupholders (44A), Crafted Clarity (4A2), 4-zone Climate Control (4NB), Wireless Charging (6NW) and Extended Shadowline (7M9) but I can't say those are really necessary. LaserLight and NightVision might be useful if you happen to drive in the dark often, those I don't have.

What is your estimated delivery time? In Finland it's August right now for 45e.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
Rdt123
Rep
Drives: XC90 T8

hi
I got a bit carried away with options but for me...

I'd have missed the 360 camera too ,much having had it for a couple of years in the XC90

Driver assistance pack - too many long journeys not to have active cruise and lane keeping

comfort access

all first world problems I know but I'd gotten used to having stuff as standard in the Volvo so needed to pay for them in the bmw - though to be honest it took the price up to the XC90 price anyway

my current estimate (ordered yesterday) is 22 weeks
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdt123 View Post
hi

I'd have missed the 360 camera too ,much having had it for a couple of years in the XC90

Driver assistance pack - too many long journeys not to have active cruise and lane keeping

comfort access

all first world problems I know but I'd gotten used to having stuff as standard in the Volvo so needed to pay for them in the bmw - though to be honest it took the price up to the XC90 price anyway

I don't know where you are from but in Belgium it is 30+ weeks. Ordered mine in week 47 and will arrive at the dealer in week 31, no individual options.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
Quote:
hi

comfort access

I don't know where you are from but in Belgium it is 30+ weeks. Ordered mine in week 47 and will arrive at the dealer in week 31, no individual options.
Thanks u all. I an from Norway. Expected delivery is march.

Drivers assistanse and 360 are included in innovation pack. Forgot to mention comfort access. Panorama is part of travel.

Didn't order 4 wheel steering and lazer light though. Is 4 wheel something many find necessary?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #7
Pateeke81
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Drivers assistanse and 360 are included in innovation pack. Forgot to mention comfort access. Panorama is part of travel.

Didn't order 4 wheel steering and lazer light though. Is 4 wheel something many find necessary?
It is pricy but it helps A LOT with manoeuvring in small spaces, depends a bit on where you live I guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateeke81 View Post
Quote:

It is pricy but it helps A LOT with manoeuvring in small spaces, depends a bit on where you live I guess.
How about the Active protection (5AL). I must?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #9
Rdt123
Rep

I’m in England. I ordered laser lights as part of the visibility pack. Don’t know if they are any good but on my lease it was an extra 10 pounds per month. Odd they call the packs different things even between eu countries (which we are till January!)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #10
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I’m in England. I ordered laser lights as part of the visibility pack. Don’t know if they are any good but on my lease it was an extra 10 pounds per month. Odd they call the packs different things even between eu countries (which we are till January!)
Here it's 40 Euro/month to add lazer. Insane.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #11
Rdt123
Rep

Quote:
Here it's 40 Euro/month to add lazer. Insane.
That’s crazy isn’t it - total price is 83k gbp
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #12
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
- Travel pack
- M-sport pack
- eDrive M-sport Edition
- Innovation

Got same config as you with black leather and wood insert. Not a fan of the tetragon. My eyes have trouble focusing on it.

I love the acoustic glass and the DAB tuner (in combination with the harman kardon). The artic grey is a dirt magnet! (I would say as 'bad' as black)

It's a large vehicle I wish I selected the 'integral active steering' as well. I'm using a lot of underground parkings and have to make a 90 degree turn in reverse when exiting my garage.

Also missing out on the comfort telephone package. Not for the wireless charging but for the extra microphone and better (background) noise cancellation during telephone calls.

You can probably live without the heated cupholders, wireless charging, ambiant air and cristal gearknob.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #13
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Quote:
- Travel pack
- M-sport pack
- eDrive M-sport Edition
- Innovation

Got same config as you with black leather and wood insert. Not a fan of the tetragon. My eyes have trouble focusing on it.

I love the acoustic glass and the DAB tuner (in combination with the harman kardon). The artic grey is a dirt magnet! (I would say as 'bad' as black)

It's a large vehicle I wish I selected the 'integral active steering' as well. I'm using a lot of underground parkings and have to make a 90 degree turn in reverse when exiting my garage.

Also missing out on the comfort telephone package. Not for the wireless charging but for the extra microphone and better (background) noise cancellation during telephone calls.

You can probably live without the heated cupholders, wireless charging, ambiant air and cristal gearknob.
What do you think of Merino vs Vernasca leather?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 01:07 AM   #14
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Merino is softer and higher quality. I like the extra stitched patterns, it does give a more luxurious and high quality feel to your car.

Merino does require more maintenance and care. Vernasca is more sturdier but it does not feel that nice as merino.

Since I'm wearing a lot of jeans and usually drive 5 years / 160.000km (100.000 miles) with my cars I would never go for a merino seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:08 AM   #15
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Merino is softer and higher quality. I like the extra stitched patterns, it does give a more luxurious and high quality feel to your car.

Merino does require more maintenance and care. Vernasca is more sturdier but it does not feel that nice as merino.

Since I'm wearing a lot of jeans and usually drive 5 years / 160.000km (100.000 miles) with my cars I would never go for a merino seats.
Thanks.

How about 21 vs 20 inch wheels? I opt to choose between Merino or 21. So far i've chosen Merino even if I mainly use jeans.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:55 AM   #16
djivide
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5 45e

Personally i did not go with laser lights, my uncle has them on his 50d and he find them distracting on twisty back roads, small bright square in the distance bouncing around a bit.

I kinda went overboard on options myself carbon black msport.
tech package
m-sport plus package with 22" 742m
comfort package
-> with BMW Individual extended leather trim 'Merino' Black (BK)
BMW Icon Adaptive LED Headlights
Sky Lounge panoramic glass sunroof
Integral Active Steering
BMW Individual fine-wood trim Ash Grain Silver Grey high-gloss
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 06:14 AM   #17
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.

How about 21 vs 20 inch wheels? I opt to choose between Merino or 21. So far i've chosen Merino even if I mainly use jeans.
A dark color is a bit better. Blue jeans on white leather not a great combination (google on: white seats dye transfer).

I have 20" they look great. For what I have seen in showrooms the 21" looks a bit better. In other posts some claim the ride quality is a bit harder with 21" wheels. Can't tell I haven't driven the G05 X5 with 21" yet. For me the extra $ was not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 06:29 AM   #18
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks.

A dark color is a bit better. Blue jeans on white leather not a great combination (google on: white seats dye transfer).

I have 20" they look great. For what I have seen in showrooms the 21" looks a bit better. In other posts some claim the ride quality is a bit harder with 21" wheels. Can't tell I haven't driven the G05 X5 with 21" yet. For me the extra $ was not worth it.
Somewhat bad roads in rural Norway so that's why I so fra choosen 20 inch. Starting to wonder if I change from Merino to Vernasca as well as black colour. Maybe I use the money on integral steering instead.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #19
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Hi! Where in Norway are you from?
I just signed the papers on this car last week. Cant wait! Worst part is that I just saw a e45 parked outside my local grocery store today :/

I read with interest your opinion about what extras to get. I have no intention of high jacking this thread, but would like to join the discussion.

My specs:

- Arctic grey (IMO this color looks way better dirty compared to the black)
- Merino Coffee (BK) interior (I really like the dark brown)

I guess the name of the packages vary with the country. I ordered:

- M-sport (21" 741 bicolor, M sport brakes, sport automatic, Sensatec dash, M steering wheel, M aerodynamics, High-gloss shadow line, Antrasit roof)

- Innovation (Display key, Driving ass. prof., laser lights, Park ass. plus, HUD, gesture control)

- Travel (Panoramic glass roof, sun shades back windows, luggage compartment "package"??, Travel&comfort system=

- eDrive M sport edition. This is a special offer this fall/early winter in Norway since the 45e is a new car. (trailer hitch (European style, retractable. Keeps the kick style sensor), heated/cooled cup holders, seat heating front/back, heat comfort package, 4-zone AC, Harman pardon sound, telephony w wireless charging, wifi)

extras to my order:
- integral active steering (must have imo, esp. since I am parking in a very small Parking garage at work)
- comfort access (must have)
- soft close (just added luxury, Ive never had it b4)
- acoustic glazing (anybody with experience driving the g05 w and wo?)
- tinted windows, back (goes well with grey/extended shadow line imo)
- comfort seats, front (looking forward to this..)
- piano finish interior trim (I wish I could choose the dark wood style found in the G20..)
- active protection (why not)
- drive recorder (I don't know how much I will use this, but was just 100 $ extra total, payed over 3 yrs)
- traffic info
- high-gloss shadow line with extended content
- 21" summer, 20" winter.

I've thought about this spec sheet long and hard, and signed last week... Was thinking about getting the ventilated seats too, but I don't think I will be needing it much here in Norway, even though Im in the south... Total cost is about 850$, resulting in 40-50$ extra monthly for 3 yrs. I might see 4-5 hot (more than 85F/30C) days a year, so I don't think its worth it.

Have a great weekend!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #20
Popp
Finland
Rep
Drives: Looking for a BMW G30 530e

I would get Comfort Access, cannot live without it once you get used to it. If you have kids then tinted windows for the summer are great. I also got Night vision since there is a lot of deer up here in North and very dark in the winter, very hard to spot animals/humans with oncoming traffic.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 11:47 PM   #21
Olaeirik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
Hi! Where in Norway are you from?
I just signed the papers on this car last week. Cant wait! Worst part is that I just saw a e45 parked outside my local grocery store today :/

I read with interest your opinion about what extras to get. I have no intention of high jacking this thread, but would like to join the discussion.

My specs:

- Arctic grey (IMO this color looks way better dirty compared to the black)
- Merino Coffee (BK) interior (I really like the dark brown)

I guess the name of the packages vary with the country. I ordered:

- M-sport (21" 741 bicolor, M sport brakes, sport automatic, Sensatec dash, M steering wheel, M aerodynamics, High-gloss shadow line, Antrasit roof)

- Innovation (Display key, Driving ass. prof., laser lights, Park ass. plus, HUD, gesture control)

- Travel (Panoramic glass roof, sun shades back windows, luggage compartment "package"??, Travel&comfort system=

- eDrive M sport edition. This is a special offer this fall/early winter in Norway since the 45e is a new car. (trailer hitch (European style, retractable. Keeps the kick style sensor), heated/cooled cup holders, seat heating front/back, heat comfort package, 4-zone AC, Harman pardon sound, telephony w wireless charging, wifi)

extras to my order:
- integral active steering (must have imo, esp. since I am parking in a very small Parking garage at work)
- comfort access (must have)
- soft close (just added luxury, Ive never had it b4)
- acoustic glazing (anybody with experience driving the g05 w and wo?)
- tinted windows, back (goes well with grey/extended shadow line imo)
- comfort seats, front (looking forward to this..)
- piano finish interior trim (I wish I could choose the dark wood style found in the G20..)
- active protection (why not)
- drive recorder (I don't know how much I will use this, but was just 100 $ extra total, payed over 3 yrs)
- traffic info
- high-gloss shadow line with extended content
- 21" summer, 20" winter.

I've thought about this spec sheet long and hard, and signed last week... Was thinking about getting the ventilated seats too, but I don't think I will be needing it much here in Norway, even though Im in the south... Total cost is about 850$, resulting in 40-50$ extra monthly for 3 yrs. I might see 4-5 hot (more than 85F/30C) days a year, so I don't think its worth it.

Have a great weekend!
Nice spec. I live in Trondheim. Which dealer do you use? What delivery month?

Do the Recorder tape all the time in case of an accident?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 02:58 AM   #22
Anterialis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 45e

Quote:
Nice spec. I live in Trondheim. Which dealer do you use? What delivery month?

Do the Recorder tape all the time in case of an accident?
I live i Tønsberg, so closest one to me is Bilia Tønsberg. The sales rep told me March/April, so I guess we will see What about you?

Drive recorder supposedly always records the last 20s, meaning that when you long-press the record button (either in the iDrive menu, or better yet the dedicated camera/record button located between the DSC and PDC buttons), the last 20s is recorded as well as the following 20s, a total of 40s.

I've also read something about remote camera, the possibility to look around your car remotely (unrelated to drive recorder, but you need surround view I guess). Does anybody know anything about this? Is it still a feature?
Appreciate 0