BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #89
Xfive
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Xfive... how does the M50i drive w/o DHP (specifically ARS) in corners? Does it still feel like it "sways"? Now I'm on the fence about getting it (it's a $5500 option in Canada).

If I'm spending what I'm spending on this car... I want to make sure I don't have regrets.
Zero regrets. To me, it's a completely different ride compared to my previous G05 50i. It does not bounce as much and certainly does not lean as much while cornering. For me it's perfect for blasting some curves every once in a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:28 PM   #90
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THinthedesert View Post
Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Can you post close ups of the X5 and M50i badges in the rear. I really like that fact that they are not chrome, and I presume they are cerium gray?
posted
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:21 AM   #91
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is the sunroof cover Alcantara or some other material?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:34 AM   #92
Xfive
Private
Rep

Alcantara
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      08-31-2019, 01:14 AM   #93
Xfive
Private
Rep

Edited to include video content of exhaust and assisted drive view.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:36 AM   #94
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50i4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfive View Post
I will hopefully have a little time this weekend to take a few more pictures and maybe a short review.
Any observations on the exhaust note? Is it similar to the 50i or is it more aggressive like what's on the M850i? A quick video would be awesome on the exhaust.

Thanks!
Posted some vids.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 01:43 AM   #95
mwoc
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi eTron, 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Posted some vids.
Thank you. Sounds awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #96
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstm31993 View Post
Quote:
I finally got to pick up my new M50i. I'll follow up with some more detailed info later, but wanted to share the delivery pics. I know this sounds weird, but she has some of my old F15 in her. That is a great thing!

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Black Extended Merino Leather
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

iDrive Version: 07/2019.38

Edited to include my impressions so far going from a 50i to the M50i:

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

Things I got but missed the first go round:

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Alcantara Headliner - Even the shade is alcantara.

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.
Congrats, man! Awesome BOLD look! Enjoy!
Did ever consider the X6 M50i?
No, just not my thing.
All good. Great color and wheel combination!
Appreciate 1
Xfive148.50
      08-31-2019, 09:17 AM   #97
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
I finally got to pick up my new M50i. I'll follow up with some more detailed info later, but wanted to share the delivery pics. I know this sounds weird, but she has some of my old F15 in her. That is a great thing!

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.

Assisted Drive View
Here are a couple videos of Assisted Drive View in action. It's pretty awesome that it can determine the vehicle type and display it in the cluster. (Small Car / Tractor Trailer / Motorcycle). Also notice the indicators when you are not touching the steering wheel.

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View | Lane Change

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View

Exhaust
Here are a few clips of the exhaust in action.

2020 X5 M50i | Exhaust with modes

2020 X5 M50i | Idle

2020 X5 M50i | Startup
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
This was in the press release...not sure my eyes can see any differences. Maybe someone can point out the changes.

"The new BMW X5 M50i and X7 M50i models feature front bumpers with larger openings to allow for greater air flow to the cooling system. The rocker panels and rear bumpers have been sculptured to set the models apart from the rest of the line."
The press release is referring to the standard X line for 2020 as the
M-Sport doesn't exist in that context. The M-Sport and M50i are the same car less the 67hp increase and one wheel option.
Quote:

2020 M50i
Carbon Black
Extended Shadowline
Alcantara Headliner
Brown Poplar Wood Trim
B&W Audio
Drivers Assistance Pro
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
742M Wheels
Acoustic Glass
Heated seats/armrest

Suspension

Engine

Assisted Drive View
Here are a couple videos of Assisted Drive View in action. It's pretty awesome that it can determine the vehicle type and display it in the cluster. (Small Car / Tractor Trailer / Motorcycle). Also notice the indicators when you are not touching the steering wheel.

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View | Lane Change

2020 X5 M50i | Assisted Drive View

Exhaust
Here are a few clips of the exhaust in action.

2020 X5 M50i | Exhaust with modes

2020 X5 M50i | Idle

2020 X5 M50i | Startup
You're right fully
Loaded is the way to go. It's sounds very interesting w the b&w as well as off road diff. 1799 a month for work lease for 24 m is great. Should be fun in winter time.
Appreciate 1
Xfive148.50
      08-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #98
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Love the new Tesla-esque instrument cluster. I wonder if this is something the 19s will get in an update?
Hope so. Just got my 19 50i.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #99
Johnmcp73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.
Or Perhaps the petrol 50i already has improved air suspension?
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
I do not have DHP or Air, and it is a significant difference from the standard suspension. I find it to be a more firm/sporty setup.
Quote:
Quote:
Am loving the black front grill.... you mention the suspension being good. Is it on springs or air?
I have air as it was mandatory for the seven seat option here but absolutely hate it... even in extra sport mode. Am hoping someone like Hamann will do a mod otherwise will definitely change for something like the Audi sq8 that has active air suspension apparently.

Cheers
I do not have DHP or Air, and it is a significant difference from the standard suspension. I find it to be a more firm/sporty setup.
So looks like you're on msport springs which come as standard on the x5 m50d here but you have to swap out for the seven seats unfortunately.

Looks like I'll just have to accept it or move onto something else.....

The family love it at least - 7 seats and rear entertainment obviously suits them but to me it really shouldn't he badged msport.

Cheers for the reply
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #100
Johnmcp73
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Quote:

Cheers
I drove an m50i with DHP and one without. DHP is a game changer. What I learned is these suvs are great for straight line, that's where the suspension matters. But the only way to actually get rid of the lean with turning is DHP. It also improves the sideways bounce created by bad roads. No amount of suspension will fix that, no matter how sporty it is. I've tried to find every possible reason not to get DHP but can't. If you drive aggressively or in any suburbia then you need DHP. Apparently this is the first year DHP isn't on the 6cylinder.
Agreed but no can do with 7 seats I believe
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:01 PM   #101
Johnmcp73
United Kingdom
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Quote:

Cheers
I drove an m50i with DHP and one without. DHP is a game changer. What I learned is these suvs are great for straight line, that's where the suspension matters. But the only way to actually get rid of the lean with turning is DHP. It also improves the sideways bounce created by bad roads. No amount of suspension will fix that, no matter how sporty it is. I've tried to find every possible reason not to get DHP but can't. If you drive aggressively or in any suburbia then you need DHP. Apparently this is the first year DHP isn't on the 6cylinder.
Agreed but no can do with 7 seats I believe
Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      08-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #102
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Is that Brian Harris in Baton Rouge?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #103
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBeau View Post
Is that Brian Harris in Baton Rouge?
Yes sir!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:22 PM   #104
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Can we see some pics of the sky lounge in action?
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 2
Xfive148.50
sahajesh2290.00
      08-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #105
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Damn that's got presence!.. nice sir! I love the cold starts on these too.. they sound so good
      08-31-2019, 05:43 PM   #106
THinthedesert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THinthedesert View Post
Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Can you post close ups of the X5 and M50i badges in the rear. I really like that fact that they are not chrome, and I presume they are cerium gray?
I saw the pictures of the emblems.

Thanks for taking and posting them.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #107
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

How come I don't see any cerium grey accents on any of the 2020 M50is?
      08-31-2019, 06:44 PM   #108
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
I think the Shadowline option changes the Cerium Gray?
Appreciate 1
Penguino1603.50
      08-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #109
Xfive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Extended Shadowline removes the cerium accents, that I why I selected the 742M wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 07:52 PM   #110
Firstm31993
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Extended Shadowline removes the cerium accents, that I why I selected the 742M wheels.
Do you know what type of material is the cerium gray? The cerium gray looks odd on the side mirrors
Appreciate 0