BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #45
Mikli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05F36F16F82E90E86E46E36E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
Very well said!!! I already compared this fake "CarPlay subscription" concept to taking yearly fee for using massage seats. Literally any function in the car can now be turned into "subscription" based. Parking Assist, Lane keeping assist... Why not? It will just shut down after a year saying you did not renew your service! This looks sketchy and unprofessional at best...
I think the annual fee for Apple CarPlay is to buy data for the car. Same as like Volvo. They offer only 3 months free in their system.
Not sure if the iDrive 7 use the car’s data instead of our cell data. Does anyone know what is the subscription fee yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #46
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikli View Post
I think the annual fee for Apple CarPlay is to buy data for the car. Same as like Volvo. They offer only 3 months free in their system.
Not sure if the iDrive 7 use the car’s data instead of our cell data. Does anyone know what is the subscription fee yet?
Data is independent of CarPlay to the best of my knowledge. They're separate subscriptions - CarPlay to BMW, data to AT&T (in my case).