BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
B///MW
Lance Bombardier
United_States
Rep
Drives: It varies

X6 European Configurators Functional, U.S. Not

I'm curious, at the recent announcement of the new G06 X6, that European BMW web configurators are functional and the U.S. web configurators are not. Perhaps BMW wants to stimulate initial interest in the vehicle out of the country of manufacture (U.S.) so that, because of the longer shipping time to Europe, ordered vehicles can show up in Europe & U.S. at similar times. I'm looking forward to playing with the U.S. configurator on this vehicle to figure out what I want to order.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by B///MW View Post
I'm curious, at the recent announcement of the new G06 X6, that European BMW web configurators are functional and the U.S. web configurators are not. Perhaps BMW wants to stimulate initial interest in the vehicle out of the country of manufacture (U.S.) so that, because of the longer shipping time to Europe, ordered vehicles can show up in Europe & U.S. at similar times. I'm looking forward to playing with the U.S. configurator on this vehicle to figure out what I want to order.
Be aware that the US 'build your own car' site has been notorious for omissions and errors. This was confirmed to me by BMW Genius, though not in those exact words obviously, but I have experienced it myself several times. BMW releases optional equipment and/or features throughout the model year and they have been pretty good at updating the config/pricing guides to reflect the changes but for some reason, those changes don't reliably make it to the 'build your own' site :-(

I have looked through the newly revamped US site and see that it does contain a few options that were missing on the previous one so it appears they are making an attempt to improve it. I was talking with a dealer about it and was told they go to the site and do the build a customer wants but then pull out their trusty config/pricing guide to verify and complete the build before ordering. You should do this as well.
Appreciate 0