02-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #45
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
I get no notifications on regular basis. I went to the dealer in January and everything was Ok, production in January.
I called the dealer now because I was expecting the car arriving any moment at the dealer. And they told me production april.

So if I didn't call today I wouldn't know.
I didn’t get regular notifications either. The dealer didn’t expect the delivery so soon. But delaying the production without an alternative doesn’t feel very professional. Strange that your order was placed already in July but still not produced/delivered. Did you get a production number a couple days after your order? Maybe you can try to track the history via BMW Belgium?

Last edited by ikheetleon; 02-25-2020 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #46
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Beginning of July. Delivery would normally be March.
I ordered mid july. They said january then and delivery was end january, already driving it for a month now. I didn't take any individual options.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 02:41 PM   #47
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I ordered mine in may and delivery was scheduled beginning November. End September they called me it was delayed until the first week of January. My colleague ordered his earlier and it was delivered beginning of December. The sales guy told him mine also arrived at the garage. I called the garage and they denied having said that. But it did arrive in Zeebrugge earlier and delivery would be second week of December. Second and third week nothing and finally got it just before Christmas. Really frustrating and bad communication.

Really strange. They don't really seem to know when the car will come until it arrives at the garage on the truck??
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #48
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I heard that Tesla is having problems with their batteries because production in China is stopped because of the corona virus. I think BMW produces their own batteries so this probably won't be an issue. I hope bmw battery production is not in China.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 04:08 PM   #49
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

I ordered in July because I knew it was going to be a long wait. I said I wanted delivery end March or begin April because my current car would be end of contract in that period. That would be no problem, there was enough time. They even planned my car for production in January because of that so it would arrive definitely in time for delivery in that period. End of January the dealer made even an offer to buy my car end of March when the 45e would be delivered.

If I asked nothing delivery would be January or February.

And now production is April? And nobody knew? That's a production shift of 3 months!
Is it because the options, general delay, some very very important person took my slot? Who knows, but somethings fishy.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #50
awosy
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Very nice Leon!

I just heard my car has suddenly a production date in april. They told me in January the car was ready for production and production in January. So I was assuming the car would be almost in Belgium, so I gave my dealer a call for a status update. Instead of car is on its way, I got production april
Don't need to say I'm hugely disappointed now
omg, now I'm afraid to call my dealer next week for a monthly update ;(
It's the most strange business I know, producing cars, for something that's really automised to the bone and just putting together parts (simplifying but still)
They are unable to tell you when it will be produced or delivered, even after more then 3 months :-)
I made peace with it, only disadvantage is that my current car just gets more milage and will be worth nothing anymore...

Last edited by awosy; 02-26-2020 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #51
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by awosy View Post
omg, now I'm afraid to call my dealer next week for a monthly update ;(
Lol it can go 2 ways! Either you are in an eternal waiting circle, or your car is already or almost at the dealer! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #52
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

I also ordered in July and was supposed to get mine in March, did not get updates, and suddenly was able to take delivery in December. I don't think the issue is the dealers not telling, it's the factory not knowing what they are doing. We're told there are production slots but I think they have sticky notes on a wall at best
Appreciate 0