BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2020, 06:13 AM   #1
Nucu
Rep
Drives: BMW 750IX, BMW X5 45e

Hotspotdrive coding

Hello, I own an X5 G05 45e ordered in Romania, but it is currently attached to a ConnectedDrive account from Germany. Unfortunately, I could not check that option when launching the order of the Internet Hotspot option. I have a Hotspot drive Telecom account from Germany and theoretically I could use this service in Romania if I had the valid option in Idrive.
My question is whether coding with BimmerCode and OBDLink LX / MX / MX + can enable this option in Idrive.
Attached Images

03-14-2020, 06:23 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Probably not what you want to hear but:

I tried the free hotspot function for a month. It works. But not better than just using the data of your cellphone. I tried it during a holiday trip. It worked well in Belgium but stopped working once a crossed the border with Luxemburg and didn't work in France Switzerland and Austria either (although BMW states it should work without problems in all European countries).

It's expensive. In most countries it's cheaper to make a hotspot from your IPhone and connect your kids IPads to that. Or do you have another purpose?

In other threads the conclusion was the only real benefit of the hotspot would be if you have guests in your car that don't have internet on their phone and you don't want in your own hotspot.
Appreciate 0