BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
4g4me
Rep
Drives: 2024 G60 i5 M60

BMW Connected app for Android

Hello All, I have had my BMW connected app setup for a few months on my Google Pixel app. I honestly found it useless since it couldn't remote start or climatize my 2019 X5... This was until I saw the latest (April 2019) release notes for the latest version of the app, which states that you can do just that.

I uninstalled the app on my android phone, cleared all cache and data, and made sure all permissions and features were setup but with no luck.

SO just for kicks, I installed the app on an old iphone that I have and it had the feature an it worked just fine.

Am I missing anything here? Before I go down the long road of calling BMW genius, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g4me View Post
Hello All, I have had my BMW connected app setup for a few months on my Google Pixel app. I honestly found it useless since it couldn't remote start or climatize my 2019 X5... This was until I saw the latest (April 2019) release notes for the latest version of the app, which states that you can do just that.

I uninstalled the app on my android phone, cleared all cache and data, and made sure all permissions and features were setup but with no luck.

SO just for kicks, I installed the app on an old iphone that I have and it had the feature an it worked just fine.

Am I missing anything here? Before I go down the long road of calling BMW genius, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
What is the model of your old phone?

What cellular carrier do you have?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Thanks!!

Yeah, not working on Android phones yet. Don't know why but something not agreed to between google and bmw i guess.

Are you on verizon network? I know digital key does not work for some disageement between Samsung and verizon. Maybe the same issue for with verizon and remote start.

Last edited by dbull2; 07-06-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
4g4me
Rep

My old(er) iphone is the X 2017? model (Verizon)

Either way, my Google Pixel 3 (Verizon) is the one that I am trying to get remote start to work on. So odd to me that the release notes for the recent android update state:

"heat or cool your car by starting the engine from the app, either immediately or at a scheduled time"

If it isn't working on anyone else's android phones then I can rest assure that I am not missing anything. So odd that the iOS app works, but the android app doesn't even show me the option.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
My old(er) iphone is the X 2017? model (Verizon)

Either way, my Google Pixel 3 (Verizon) is the one that I am trying to get remote start to work on. So odd to me that the release notes for the recent android update state:

"heat or cool your car by starting the engine from the app, either immediately or at a scheduled time"

If it isn't working on anyone else's android phones then I can rest assure that I am not missing anything. So odd that the iOS app works, but the android app doesn't even show me the option.
my S10, S9, and LG v30 all won't remote start.. I'm on Verizon, the LG is a international Phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
4g4me
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
my S10, S9, and LG v30 all won't remote start.. I'm on Verizon, the LG is a international Phone.
Ah, well then, I guess this answers my questions! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Ah, well then, I guess this answers my questions! Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
Why don't we all open a tech support ticket with Verizon and have them look into it. Just call customer support and pick techincal support.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:15 PM   #8
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Connect services are having massive issues this week. I tried to set up my new M2C and it still doesn't have GPS tracking. Called and they said they are doing a upgrade from a corrupt programming. She said there are thousands of tickets reported just this week. Oddly enough I got a message on my X5 app that said some services were unavailable yet I can take remote pics,lock etc.
Appreciate 0