01-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #45
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Since you can remove the anti dazzle decoding option in FA and then VO code, you do not need a launcher (neither Launcher Pro nor ESysX), just plain ESys. You Code those ECUs, not "Code NCD". Latest version of psdzdata is always best, Lite is all that is needed. Is that enough to get you going?
Apologies if that's a dumb question, where can I get latest psdzdata files from and are they country specific?

I have installed esys but not sure about psdzdata thingy.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 12:20 AM   #46
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:
Since you can remove the anti dazzle decoding option in FA and then VO code, you do not need a launcher (neither Launcher Pro nor ESysX), just plain ESys. You Code those ECUs, not "Code NCD". Latest version of psdzdata is always best, Lite is all that is needed. Is that enough to get you going?
Apologies if that's a dumb question, where can I get latest psdzdata files from and are they country specific?

I have installed esys but not sure about psdzdata thingy.
Have a look here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244

There is a link to "latest" psdzdata lite in that first post. It is not actually quite latest, but it's usually pretty recent and should be good enough. These are not country-specific.
      01-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #47
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
Have a look here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983244

There is a link to "latest" psdzdata lite in that first post. It is not actually quite latest, but it's usually pretty recent and should be good enough. These are not country-specific.
Thanks very much for prompt response!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #48
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have esys up and running and have coded some stuff in my X5 G05, can you send me the ECU and coding to remove the 5AP, or do you just remove it from the VO
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • remove option 5AP, save FA
  • read SVT
  • code BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 [43], FLM2 [44], KAFAS4
A couple of notes:
  • above procedure will return the ECUs above to their stock (as shipped) state; so if you have FDL coded anything, in those specific ECUs, that will be reset back to stock
  • 'code' above is right click the ECU and select Code; this is not, in this case, 'code NCD'
  • to activate, make sure you're in auto lighting mode and High Beam Assistant mode (lower button on the lighting stalk)
  • REMINDER: don't forget to be in Diagnostic Mode in the car when coding
How easy is it to work with Esys? I have no clue what it is or how it works so do you think it is worth the time and effort for coding just the 5AP option? Not like I live in the woods or the country side where there are pitch dark roads. I live in proper urban areas so honestly want to do this just for freeway driving or occasional night driving through a mountain that I have to cross to get to my sister in laws house.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #49
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have esys up and running and have coded some stuff in my X5 G05, can you send me the ECU and coding to remove the 5AP, or do you just remove it from the VO
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • read SVT
A couple of notes:
  • above procedure will return the ECUs above to their stock (as shipped) state; so if you have FDL coded anything, in those specific ECUs, that will be reset back to stock
  • 'code' above is right click the ECU and select Code; this is not, in this case, 'code NCD'
  • to activate, make sure you're in auto lighting mode and High Beam Assistant mode (lower button on the lighting stalk)
How easy is it to work with Esys? I have no clue what it is or how it works so do you think it is worth the time and effort for coding just the 5AP option? Not like I live in the woods or the country side where there are pitch dark roads. I live in proper urban areas so honestly want to do this just for freeway driving or occasional night driving through a mountain that I have to cross to get to my sister in laws house.
Anti-dazzle is great, but what is very clear from the discussions on the forum is that we are all definitely individuals and priorities vary all the way across the board. E-Sys is not difficult in the end, particularly if only VO coding is done (which this 5AP option removal is), but it is also not a system designed for untrained consumers and requires reasoning and attention. If you don't feel comfortable with tech, there are coders that will do this and other coding (both VO and the potentially more involved FDL coding) for you including remotely for, I think, a reasonable rate, including our very own r33_RGSport.
ifr1196.50
      02-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #50
Nigel1500
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 30d M-Sport

Hello,

I have high beam assist ... but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last weekend I did 250km of night driving in the countryside (outback Australia). Nearly blinded 2 or 3 oncoming drivers waiting for high beam assist to do something. I had to manually dip the lights after that. Is there an option I need to set in i-drive?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:00 PM   #51
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel1500 View Post
Hello,

I have high beam assist ... but it doesn't seem to do anything. Last weekend I did 250km of night driving in the countryside (outback Australia). Nearly blinded 2 or 3 oncoming drivers waiting for high beam assist to do something. I had to manually dip the lights after that. Is there an option I need to set in i-drive?
left turn signal stalk- two buttons- one toggles the view on the display- the other toggles a 3rd light on the left display- should look like a high beam. If that is turned on, the high beams should turn on automatically. it could be an Australian regulation?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:09 PM   #52
Pictor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50 & 2020 M850i

Garage List
Quote:
Hello,

Are you saying that HBA doesn't work on your car or that they're too slow to react and need to be fine-tuned?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #53
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Are you saying that HBA doesn't work on your car or that they're too slow to react and need to be fine-tuned?
It sounds like he may not have them turned on. We have had a few other members in the past who didn't realize the option had to be activated separately from the auto headlights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 01:12 AM   #54
Nigel1500
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
left turn signal stalk- two buttons- one toggles the view on the display- the other toggles a 3rd light on the left display- should look like a high beam. If that is turned on, the high beams should turn on automatically. it could be an Australian regulation?
Ah ... mumble mumble mumble = it wasn't turned on.

Thanks!

I'll try it again this weekend and report back.
Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      02-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #55
Nigel1500
Private
Australia
Rep

So, big drive last weekend (wish BMW gave out frequent fliers for all the miles I'm doing in this car) and tested the High Beam Assist. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Works very well in rural areas where there isn't much oncoming traffic or leading cars;
  2. As above, but also works well in the rain;
  3. Not so good once oncoming traffic builds up;
  4. Sometimes difficult to confirm the high beam dipped for oncoming traffic because the blue high beam light remains on, even when the lights dip.

Definitely a feature I'll use in remote and rural areas, but would be happier if there was a visual cue on the instrument cluster or HUD indicating the lights had dipped for oncoming traffic.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #56
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
So, big drive last weekend (wish BMW gave out frequent fliers for all the miles I'm doing in this car) and tested the High Beam Assist. Here are my thoughts:
  1. Works very well in rural areas where there isn't much oncoming traffic or leading cars;
  2. As above, but also works well in the rain;
  3. Not so good once oncoming traffic builds up;
  4. Sometimes difficult to confirm the high beam dipped for oncoming traffic because the blue high beam light remains on, even when the lights dip.

Definitely a feature I'll use in remote and rural areas, but would be happier if there was a visual cue on the instrument cluster or HUD indicating the lights had dipped for oncoming traffic.
It works really well. You need to get used to it driving behind / approaching somebody with the blue light on. You can see it working by the darker region in the high beam surrounding the car in front of you or suppressing the beam aiming at oncoming traffic. Oncoming cars will let you know if the system doesn't work 🤔. But that is not what you are looking for.

With heavier traffic indeed there is too much going on with the beams adjusting. But then it turns off.

I have done some driving on dark mountain roads this week and it works really well. Really happy with the laser lights in these conditions.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 12:01 AM   #57
Nigel1500
Private
Australia
Rep

Yeah ... I didn't get the laser lights, but I'm REALLY happy with the adaptive LED headlights. Even the low beam has great depth. The adaptive headlights work very well on country roads. They seem to predict sweeping bends and cornering ... perhaps they're linked to navigation or something.

I drove through some moderate fog. The fog lights in the G05 aren't anywhere near as good as the old 530D M-Sport (E60).
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #58
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • read SVT
A couple of notes:
Thank you so much. Really appreciate the simple to follow instructions. Coded the G07 yesterday and it worked perfectly.

I am so glad you mentioned that the ECUs will go back to stock settings. That saved me a lot of time and panic.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      06-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #59
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmilani View Post
Quote:
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • read SVT
A couple of notes:
Thank you so much. Really appreciate the simple to follow instructions. Coded the G07 yesterday and it worked perfectly.

I am so glad you mentioned that the ECUs will go back to stock settings. That saved me a lot of time and panic.
Glad it worked well. There is an investigation under way to determine why a US-member is failing to code anti-dazzle decode using this method. One theory is something to do with latest ISTEP. In that context, would you mind sharing your software/ISTEP version?
      06-29-2020, 10:00 AM   #60
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Glad it worked well. There is an investigation under way to determine why a US-member is failing to code anti-dazzle decode using this method. One theory is something to do with latest ISTEP. In that context, would you mind sharing your software/ISTEP version?
I would be more than happy to do it. Where do I check? Sorry. I am still trying to figure these things out.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #61
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I would be more than happy to do it. Where do I check? Sorry. I am still trying to figure these things out.
Going from memory, in the car: car/settings/general/software update somewhere near the bottom. That screen will list software version in MM/YYYY.mm form (for example mine is 11/2019.40).
      06-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #62
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Going from memory, in the car: settings/general/software update somewhere near the bottom. That screen will list software version in MM/YYYY.mm form (for example mine is 11/2019.40).
Thank you. It is 03/2020.30
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      11-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #63
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

getting anti dazzle back after software update

I followed the instructions here and anti dazzle worked perfectly for me.

my car just went for a software update. it is now on 2020.07.

so I wanted to do this again and I noticed 5ap is not there anymore. how do I code this again?

do I add 5AP and the code those ECUs and then remove it again and code?

sorry if this sounds stupid.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 04:17 AM   #64
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:

so I wanted to do this again and I noticed 5ap is not there anymore. how do I code this again?

If you removed 5AP from FA, which it sounds like you did, then you don't need to do anything.

When your car was upgraded to i-step 07/2020 it programmed all applicable ECU then did a VO Code against your FA. As your FA does not have 5AP anymore then it will code as such.

Have you tested if it's working or not? If it's not then its something i-step version related, and not specific to the VO Coding.
Appreciate 1
Mmilani11.50
      11-02-2020, 09:27 PM   #65
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:

If you removed 5AP from FA, which it sounds like you did, then you don't need to do anything.

When your car was upgraded to i-step 07/2020 it programmed all applicable ECU then did a VO Code against your FA. As your FA does not have 5AP anymore then it will code as such.

Have you tested if it's working or not? If it's not then its something i-step version related, and not specific to the VO Coding.
That's great to know. I have not driven the car at night long enough to be able to verify if it is still working.

I will try to test it properly and report back. Thank you for the great help.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #66
Mmilani
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ok I did sone testing that like you said everything is still working. I-step upgrade did not change this.
Appreciate 0