BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-24-2022, 02:13 PM   #23
amontoya1982
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Just went through the same exact thing. BMW roadside kept telling me exactly what the tow truck needed to have to tow my X5 (which I had less than a week). Took 3 different tow trucks showing up at my house ruining my entire Sunday yesterday. Gets to the dealer, same thing they say, liquid in the electric gearshift apparently from something in the cupholder??? I hadn't even bought a tank of gas yet. $1600. And then I found that there is currently a class action lawsuit over this exact issue, leaky cupholders leak liquid into the electronics underneath and stuff gets fried.

Most cars you can leave the windows open and the sunroof open on accident in a rainstorm, and just takes a towel to clean up. Apparently if you sneeze in the direction of the electronic gear shift it totally kills the ability to drive or even move the car. There used to be an emergency tool to put the cars in neutral when something like this happens, but because they were considered so reliable that it never happens, now you cannot put the vehicle in neutral for something like this unless you are a BMW dealer. And I couldn't even move it out of the way to get my spare vehicle out of the garage, because the BMW was behind it.

I've always avoided BMW because my impression of them has always been overengineered unreliable pieces of shit that need expensive repairs all the time. One week in, I already regret buying one. Already more of a headache in one week than any other vehicle I have ever owned.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 12:12 PM   #24
Bking60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Holy Cow!
I'm going to use a light to closely inspect the cup holders and if needed a little adhesive caulk.
Appreciate 0